Reserving sunbeds Azura

cruisebore

then i maybe go to gym and leave my wife soaking up the sun and I could be gone a hour. Should I give up my bed then return and find another bed elsewhere? (/QUOTE]

Of course you should give it up, an hour is way too long to deprive another passenger.

David.

At the risk of being flamed I think yes - you should give it up if you are leaving for an hour.

Other lines manage it well with deck or pool boys who leave cards on empty sunbeds and if they are not claimed within 30 mins, everything is removed and the sunbed freed up.

That sounds like an excellent system

then i maybe go to gym and leave my wife soaking up the sun and I could be gone a hour. Should I give up my bed then return and find another bed elsewhere? (/QUOTE]

Of course you should give it up, an hour is way too long to deprive another passenger.

David.

Well David if anybody wanted to sunbathe at the side of my wife then they have my blessing. On a recent cruise on the azura the ship wasn't full and on sea days there were beds stacked up as their seem enough to go around.

Bon

So do you find it easy to find 6 sun beds together?

David.

We are early risers so in the main it was fine. That said if we were out for the morning and came back to lounge by the pool. If it was busy, we tended to split up. It really would depend on what we were wanting to do.

We're not wingers or moaners and being split up for a few hours was absolutely fine by us.

What a strange answer, someone asks you if a particular sunbed is being used and you take no notice as to why you are asked ? Obviously too wrapt up in yourself to worry about others.

Having done many cruises I can honestly say that on every cruise I have taken

there has been a sunbed issue and usually heated arguments. On one a few years ago I asked a couple to keep an eye on our belongings whilst we had lunch in the buffet and said we would be 30 minutes at the most. They happily agreed to do so, when another man said " If you leave those beds, I'll remove your items for someone else to use the beds." I gave him a short sharp reply which I wont repeat here. I think 30 minutes absence is acceptable.

Ha ha what a joke. Nothing strange about my honest answer. Why do I have to 'worry' about others because someone asked me a question about a sunbed. I am not about to interrogate someone when all they've done is ask a simple question. Why do I need to take 'notice' as to why they've asked me? Why am I wrapped up in myself to worry about others ? It's a friggin sunbed.

Who decides what with these sunbeds because your talking about leaving them for 30 mins. You've decided all by yourself that's acceptable. Others may not. Someone else on this thread suggested an hour was fine. Everyone has a sunbed story.

Where's the sunbed police when you need them...:D

We are early risers so in the main it was fine.

Early:rolleyes:

It that before dawn to secure places?

Then, to use your words "it was fine":eek:

From your posts, one could consider you, and your friends, as being part of the problem :eek:

May one ask, as you, and your friends, have never encountered a problem in getting Sunbeds together, could it be your "group" are actually part of the early riser block booker brigade?:eek:

Obviously, then there would be no sunbed issues.:eek:

What I said was, we never found it a problem. Never said anything about having 8 beds together. you also don't need to be part of a group surely to so called hog sunbeds. Not if this thread is anything to go by.

We're not moaners or wingers and we didn't mind at all if we came to the pools and had to separate for a few hours. We're very chilled people and fully appreciated the fact that poolside would be very busy with 3000 people onboard.

What a strange answer, someone asks you if a particular sunbed is being used and you take no notice as to why you are asked ? Obviously too wrapt up in yourself to worry about others.

Having done many cruises I can honestly say that on every cruise I have taken

there has been a sunbed issue and usually heated arguments. On one a few years ago I asked a couple to keep an eye on our belongings whilst we had lunch in the buffet and said we would be 30 minutes at the most. They happily agreed to do so, when another man said " If you leave those beds, I'll remove your items for someone else to use the beds." I gave him a short sharp reply which I wont repeat here. I think 30 minutes absence is acceptable.

While 30 minutes is not extreme no I don't think it is acceptable. Do you apply this 30 minute rule to anything else, a seat in the bar perhaps, do you ever leave something on a seat reserving for your return later?

Early:rolleyes:

It that before dawn to secure places?

Then, to use your words "it was fine":eek:

From your posts, one could consider you, and your friends, as being part of the problem :eek:

I don't get what your meaning. I don't know any of the jargon your talking about. Block Booker brigade? But why are we not as entitled as anyone, whether that be 2, 3 or 8 people not entitled to a get beds together, if they are available and if we choose to get up early and go lie by the pool all day ? Why is that causing a problem?

Have we to get up late because perhaps because you do and then moan and winge we didn't get sunbeds because we had a long lie.

Seriously, unless I'm missing the point, what is your issue with that?

I think the point is that people are getting up very early, bagging sunbeds and then going off for breakfast. That is not fair, but happens all the time. Then they do it again for lunch. Nobody has lunch in 30 minutes, it always takes longer. However, the only time I had a problem was on Azura, now that we choose adult only and smaller ships, the problem doesn't really arise.

Back home, the sunbed announcements are working, there was never a problem getting a bed anytime of day. Yes the pool area was more popular, but beds could be found Not surprisingly most people appeared to take their towels and belongings if going to lunch etc, no doubt in the knowledge that they could get another on their return.

Cb

Have we to get up late because perhaps because you do and then moan and winge we didn't get sunbeds?

No, just do as us and book the Retreat/Sanctuary.

One does feel for those who do not abuse the sunbed situation, also have no respect for those who take a delight in makng themselves ill mannered, sometimes foul mouthed, uncouth and violent, hoggers.

We are early risers so in the main it was fine. That said if we were out for the morning and came back to lounge by the pool. If it was busy, we tended to split up. It really would depend on what we were wanting to do.

We're not wingers or moaners and being split up for a few hours was absolutely fine by us.

By which you mean, one of you comes down to the pool area early and bags eight chairs. You then all meet up for a leasurely breakfast and return to same towelled chairs at your convenience.

Most days when we come to the pool after breakfast there is not an un towelled chair in sight. How eight of you could "split up" when if you are lucky there might be one spare chair in the whole area is beyond me.

David.

I think the point is that people are getting up very early, bagging sunbeds and then going off for breakfast. That is not fair, but happens all the time. Then they do it again for lunch. Nobody has lunch in 30 minutes, it always takes longer. However, the only time I had a problem was on Azura, now that we choose adult only and smaller ships, the problem doesn't really arise.

Aha I get what your saying jeanlyon. We are early risers by nature. We still work and are so used to the early mornings.

That said I never wake up and think oh my god get to the pool and reserve beds.

We just wander up and if beds are available, fine, if not we go do something else.

Same goes if we do want a wee lie in. We do just that and wander up later. Sunbeds are not the first thing I think about.

Sometimes I just like to sit under the shade and watch the world go by.

By which you mean, one of you comes down to the pool area early and bags eight chairs. You then all meet up for a leasurely breakfast and return to same towelled chairs at your convenience.

Most days when we come to the pool after breakfast there is not an un towelled chair in sight. How eight of you could "split up" when if you are lucky there might be one spare chair in the whole area is beyond me.

David.

No i do not mean that at all. It seems your just looking for anything to try and justify what your saying. How on earth do you know what we do? Are you another one of these 'watchers'. More interested in watching what others are doing. Moan about it, instead of just getting on and enjoying your own holiday.

Like I said, why should I wait till you decide to get up. I can't be responsible for you wanting to lie in, then whinge there's no chairs or beds.

Doesn't actually sound as if you enjoy the cruise experience to be honest. We did and still do. Hence why we're going on Azura again this year and looking forward to plenty pool time...

No, just do as us and book the Retreat/Sanctuary.

One does feel for those who do not abuse the sunbed situation, also have no respect for those who take a delight in makng themselves ill mannered, sometimes foul mouthed, uncouth and violent, hoggers.

I think that's shocking if you've endured that and I wouldn't stand for that if it was me but its hasn't happened to me and never been witness to it either.

It's the same when we read on here all the bad stuff about P and O but we've never had a bad cruise with them yet. If we did we would stop.

Just curious. Why do you think it doesn't happen on an adult only and smaller ships?

Back home, the sunbed announcements are working, there was never a problem getting a bed anytime of day. Yes the pool area was more popular, but beds could be found Not surprisingly most people appeared to take their towels and belongings if going to lunch etc, no doubt in the knowledge that they could get another on their return.

Cb

That sounds promising. I do hope that keeps up.

I don't "think" it doesn't happen, I know from experience there is always somewhere to get a sunbed. Never had a problem on Artemis, Oriana or Arcadia. Always can find somewhere. Couldn't on Azura.

Ok take out the word 'think'. Why is it the case on Azura. Genuinely interested.

Unfortunately during school holidays it's us families that want to use the pool that can't find sunbeds, especially next to the pool, as they are usually filled with more mature passengers that aren't using the pool, complaining about wet children enjoying themselves, and walking past them...even though they have "adult only" pools and the open decks where they could lounge; read; eat; complain to their hearts content!!! Why take up places around the pool when you have absolutely no intention of using it???

Not me, never sit around the main pool.:(

Is that you now accepting that it does happen?

Oh dear lord. Why can someone on here not have a different opinion?

Here goes. It has never happened to me and I've never seen or heard anything like what some of the posters are saying.

Doesn't make them wrong or me wrong but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and agree when Ive not come across it.

There's how many commented on this thread ? A teeny tiny amount as far as I'm concerned. So it may be the 1000's who will be on Azura with me later on this year don't have any problems, like me.:D

I asked the question because I was interested in what she said and how she also put it across. No need to put words in my mouth.

If I change my mind, I'll let you know...:cool:

Azura to me was crowded, noisy, unable to sit at Main Pool because of the blaring noise of the Seascreen. The next pool had very loud music. That left the Terrace Pool which was always crowded. there was about an inch between sunbeds. you could get a bed if you went right to the very top deck.

so that's why I would never go on a ship of Azura's size again. this type of thing does not happen on the smaller ships and I have also been on Fred Olsen Balmoral, Braemar, Black watch. No problem whatsoever.

[quote=dgs1956;45970477. Next to me were three sunbeds and this prat laid himself down on the middle one. A lot of animosity that day.

Easy answer to this one; Ask him to move and if he refuses DH sits on one side and I sit on the other side of the prat and we talk over him incessantly, continually passing books, suncream, etc backwards and forwards :)