Malt Shop/Flower Power Cruise Questions

Peggy Tuten

Signed up for this awesome cruise but was wondering, can you book shore tours just like a regular cruise or do you have to book them independently of the ship/cruise. Also on days we are in port, will they still be having activities and music while we are on shore, or is that reserved for the days or nights we are actually at sea.

Omahanut, assuming flower power operates the same as Malt Shop yes you can book the tours the normal way. Once you get your packet from Flower Power you will have your booking number with the cruiseline and then can go online book with the cruiseline directly and book excursions directly online at that time. I'm booked on both Malt Shop and Flower Power so super excited!

Maryjo

• 3 weeks later...

We are getting so excited for our first Malt Shop Cruise, and the performers...we are excited to see Neil Sedaka, Darlene Love, Frankie Avalon, and all the rest. I'd love to know what some plan to wear for Prom night. I've almost decided to bring a simple, plain long gown with a wrap and forget trying to dress in the decade. But hubby has a vintage white dinner jacket. What do most people wear for Prom night? I'd love to see some pictures.

We are getting so excited for our first Malt Shop Cruise, and the performers...we are excited to see Neil Sedaka, Darlene Love, Frankie Avalon, and all the rest. I'd love to know what some plan to wear for Prom night. I've almost decided to bring a simple, plain long gown with a wrap and forget trying to dress in the decade. But hubby has a vintage white dinner jacket. What do most people wear for Prom night? I'd love to see some pictures.

You can wear what you prefer

I did not dress like the Prom night just a nice top & blk silky dress pants

DH just wore a dress shirt with dress slacks

See some of the photo gallery on the website

http://maltshopcruise.com/photo-gallery/videos

Omahanut ask some good questions, and I just read the answers, as well as seeing pictures.

My question, normally when I cruise I get a Taxi or a tour guide that is just outside the ship docking area for a tour. Can we do that, or do we have to book tours that the ship we are on, has?

Yes, I would love to see Frankie Avelon and Neal Sedaka, and some of the rest that someone had mentioned. By the time I got ready to book for them (two weeks or less), there were no more rooms as far as I know.:(

They did tell me of other groups that were going to be on ships later, but Frankie and Neal and some of the rest, that is what I wanted to see/hear.

Once the cruise is over, I would sure like to read a review, if you write one? I always write reviews after my cruises.

Omahanut ask some good questions, and I just read the answers, as well as seeing pictures.

My question, normally when I cruise I get a Taxi or a tour guide that is just outside the ship docking area for a tour. Can we do that, or do we have to book tours that the ship we are on, has? You can do what ever you normally do on a regular cruise

Yes, I would love to see Frankie Avelon and Neal Sedaka, and some of the rest that someone had mentioned. By the time I got ready to book for them (two weeks or less), there were no more rooms as far as I know.:(

It says in my paperwork booking will open Nov 9th to the general public for 2016 MSMC

There were still cabins open in Feb for 2015 but sold out quickly this yr

do sign up online in Nov for next years cruise (if you are interested)

2016 will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam Oct 30th to Nov 6th according to the paperwork we just got

Edited by LHT28

I just tried to make reservations using the link on the flower power website, it says the block of rooms for 204 are full. But if you call the hotel you can get a room for 239. I had checked around and that is about average for that time of year in that area, plus they will take you to the ship

I just tried to make reservations using the link on the flower power website, it says the block of rooms for 204 are full. But if you call the hotel you can get a room for 239. I had checked around and that is about average for that time of year in that area, plus they will take you to the ship

Do you mean the hotel will take you to the ship? is it free or free based ?

I would confirm with them before deciding

Found with the MSMC if you did not book the hotel through them transfers were extra ... for $69 pp they would takes us the few blocks to the port

we are taking a taxi ;)

Edited by LHT28

I called the flower power transportation number. They indicated they did not have the cost of the transfer to the ship but if it was similar to the Malt Shop Cruise it would be about 14 a person. Don't think a taxi would be much cheaper. Anyway for anyone that is interested.

I called the flower power transportation number. They indicated they did not have the cost of the transfer to the ship but if it was similar to the Malt Shop Cruise it would be about 14 a person. Don't think a taxi would be much cheaper. Anyway for anyone that is interested.

taxi will run about $15 for up to 4 people from the airport

personal choice to save a few $$ or not ;)

They will take you to the ship for an extra fee. We're not staying there because they charge $30/day to park. Fergeddaboutit. Lots of hotels around 17th Street Causeway that don't charge for parking for anyone driving so check before you make a reservation.

Where do you get information on future cruises like Flower Power or other entertainers?

just google Flower power cruise

we are not allowed to post a link

got an email today they still have cabins for Feb

Edited by LHT28

check the 'special interest' cruising forum here on Cruise Critic - theme cruises are listed 2nd to last. Or do a search on Theme Cruise Finder dot com and check their home page for the categories. Malt Shop Memories Cruise and the Flower Power Cruises are produced by the same company (Star Vista Entertainment). Hope this helps.

Just wondering where you get information for theme cruising similar to Flower Power.

again GOOGLE is your friend

search "themed cruises"

there is a website with over 500 options for themed cruises the full charters are the best way to go

Edited by LHT28

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LHT28, thanks for letting me know the 2016 schedule is out. It looks like a good lineup. I see The Lettermen are going to be there too. Of all things, I am planning on seeing them in less than a month, and I'm getting excited for just that. :) I remember their songs from years ago, and am looking forward to hearing them again.

LHT28, thanks for letting me know the 2016 schedule is out. It looks like a good lineup. I see The Lettermen are going to be there too. Of all things, I am planning on seeing them in less than a month, and I'm getting excited for just that. :) I remember their songs from years ago, and am looking forward to hearing them again.

Have fun

Some of these old guys can still sing ;)

• 2 weeks later...