Refurbished Royal Caribbean terminal in Galveston?

longhorn2004

We leave on the Triumph this Saturday and to my understanding she will be docked at terminal 2. We have never used terminal 2 before on all our trips out of Galveston. So we are curious where do we drop off our luggage. Will there be porters on the terminal 2 side taking luggage? I guess I have never paid attention to that terminal before and cant get a image in my mind of where the porters are or even how to get to the entrance. Do we go in the entrance to terminal 1 to get to 2 or does 2 have a separate entrance to drive thru. Thank you!

Terminal 1&2 have same ingress at 22nd street and harbor side street.

Fisherman's Wharf restaurant is at entrance !

Edited by ssb

Any new updates or photos?

I will take some when we get on board. But I won't post them until we get home. Anyone need a picture of anything specific? I will do my best to take care of it for you.

Sherry

We just returned yesterday. It looks the same as it did in the pictures already posted here in #14.

That's funny, when I took NOS in April the "Captain" stated he was told the expansion would be done by the end of June. Even he had an incredulous look on his face when he told us.

Glad its happening though, and cannot wait till finished.

That's funny, when I took NOS in April the "Captain" stated he was told the expansion would be done by the end of June. Even he had an incredulous look on his face when he told us.

Glad its happening though, and cannot wait till finished.

I'm glad as well. We keep telling ourselves that we will see an improvement the next time we cruise from there.

Still waiting! :D

I'm sure the weather has caused some delays. For the better part of the past two months we have been subjected to daily deluges. It is starting to get better now though.

Deluges of rain won't cause delays !

Deluges of rain won't cause delays !

With sailing... no. :) With construction... yes. :(

Bad weather will cause delays. Just ask any bricklayers, carpenters, electricians, painters, pipe fitters, plumbers, welders, or members of any other craft in the construction industry. For laborers, apprentices, journeymen and all the way to master craftsmen, bad weather means periods of no work.

Kat emo32.gif

I'm sure the weather has caused some delays. For the better part of the past two months we have been subjected to daily deluges. It is starting to get better now though.

With sailing... no. :) With construction... yes. :(

Bad weather will cause delays. Just ask any bricklayers' date=' carpenters, electricians, painters, pipe fitters, plumbers, welders, or members of any other craft in the construction industry. For laborers, apprentices, journeymen and all the way to master craftsmen, bad weather means periods of no work.

Kat [img']https://s.yimg.com/ok/u/assets/img/emoticons/emo32.gif[/img]

Yes but original completion was to be April then June then November , and if that now. There were ample good days for work in progress!!! Time will tell.

It would be nice for the terminal to be completed, when the Liberty comes into Galveston.

And they still need to deal with improved ingress egress issues.

Edited by ssb

A request for information of lack in progress at terminal 2 construction resulted in an article by Laura Elder in Galveston Daily News that redesign in supporting piles and soil conditions was necessary for adequate foundation support in the area.

Port officials say goal is to have substantial completion of building in time for arrival of The Liberty of Seas in November2015.

A request for information of lack in progress at terminal 2 construction resulted in an article by Laura Elder in Galveston Daily News that redesign in supporting piles and soil conditions was necessary for adequate foundation support in the area.

Port officials say goal is to have substantial completion of building in time for arrival of The Liberty of Seas in November2015.

Good news! Thanks for posting!

• 2 weeks later...

I said I would take a picture of the progress since March. Sadly, no picture. What would have been the point. Now there is just one pile of dirt and that's about it. I just didn't want people to think I had forgotten. I hope it's spectacular when it's done. Whatever year that may be.

Sherry

It's in the engineers hands .

5 months to go ????

Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I know a lot of people are excited about the Liberty of the Seas coming to Galveston.

Maybe with a new terminal, one or two other cruise lines will home port in Galveston as well.

Edited by JimAOk1945

• 1 month later...

Is there any progress on construction at the RCI terminal, please? We were there in May and I saw nothing but a couple of piles of dirt. It is going to be a nightmare for LOS cruisers if the terminal is not larger by the time she arrives.

I will drive by to see if we can see anything.

Obviously the newly discovered soil and dock repairs will have to be done first .

If any changes are being done inside existing building , we may not be able to observe that.

4 months to complete new terminal and renovation of existing terminal will be a challenging task and project , in spite of port's continuing insistence they will have terminal substantially completed ????

Edited by ssb

Any news or does it still look the same?

It looks the same!!!

But for some reason the ship was docked a few hundred feet to west of normal and could indicate work on dock and soil foundation.

It looks the same!!!

But for some reason the ship was docked a few hundred feet to west of normal and could indicate work on dock and soil foundation.

Let's hope the ship being docked in a different location means progress. Perhaps, from time to time, you can post any other differences you notice.

Thanks for the update.