Airline Seat Problem

dademonia

Hi,

I have recently booked a flight with Air Canada from a travel agent together with my cruise package, and was told our flight seats were 20 A, C. Out of curiosity, I went to check the seat map on aircanada's website to see where the seats were (the seat map they show you when you book your flight online). Only then do I find out that on the seat map, the seats 20 A, C are still available.

Did this happen to any others (where you have already booked the seats but still show available online?) What if the seats are double booked then what happens?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have recently booked a flight with Air Canada from a travel agent together with my cruise package, and was told our flight seats were 20 A, C. Out of curiosity, I went to check the seat map on aircanada's website to see where the seats were (the seat map they show you when you book your flight online). Only then do I find out that on the seat map, the seats 20 A, C are still available.

Did this happen to any others (where you have already booked the seats but still show available online?) What if the seats are double booked then what happens?

Thanks,

Air Canada does not assign seat unless you book through there Web site.

Hi,

Thanks,

You most likely have NO TICKETS yet. You have a reservation/"place holder" for your itinerary.

Until you have the actual TICKET NUMBER (NOT a PNR) you really have NO TICKET.

Mods, move this to the cruise air forum please where the OP can get some EXPERT help.

Edited by greatam

Hi, OP here. I think you are right that the ticket has not been actually issued. I now recall that the TA telling me I will be receiving the actual ticket until April as the trip is in late april.

However I am still a bit confused though...I did get a flight itinerary (not the ticket) with seat number printed on it... does this suggest anything at all?

Hi, OP here. I think you are right that the ticket has not been actually issued. I now recall that the TA telling me I will be receiving the actual ticket until April as the trip is in late april.

However I am still a bit confused though...I did get a flight itinerary (not the ticket) with seat number printed on it... does this suggest anything at all?

Was airfare purchased through the cruiseline??

That may explain it

They have a ticket booked but they do not actually ticket the air until closer to sailing

You should get a locator number so you can fill in the passenger information form

I think

I know when I book air via the cruise line I can still view my flight info & enter passport info etc..

Not really. The airline usually can't assign seats without a ticket to assign them to. And you have no ticket.

Even then, seat assignments are not guaranteed. Most of the time they work out (when you're ticketed), but not always

If you do not have a 13-digit ticket number, starting with 014, you do not have a ticket on Air Canada. You may have a reservation, but that is not a ticket.

You will likely get to the port on time. And it will probably be on the flights you were told. But not guaranteed. Without even reading the contract, I know there will be weasel words letting them use any flights that are convenient for them.

Hi,

Thanks,

Contact the TA and get them to explain the situation to you. There is no telling what the situation really is at this time.

I have also booked Air Canada tickets through a travel agent and been given seat numbers. Based on how Air Canada works, if you have booked through a travel agent, only the TA can change your seats. The passenger has to go through the TA. Call you TA and have them give you all of the details. You may have a ticket. Air Canada issues a 6 digit locator code. If you don't have this, you don't have a booked ticket yet.

You may have a ticket. Air Canada issues a 6 digit locator code. If you don't have this, you don't have a booked ticket yet.

You are VERY, VERY WRONG!!!! That 6 digit PNR is merely a "place holder"/reservation. Unitl you have the 13+ digit TICKET number you have NO TiCKET.

Please do not confuse that PNR (passenger number record) with an actual TICKET. The OP may not have a ticket at all.