Young adults seeking advice/suggestions for our Disney Fantasy cruise!

LadyDeadpool

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are going on our second Disney Cruise (YAY!)

We went on a 4 night Disney Dream cruise in early December 2014 and we will be going on a 7 night Disney Fantasy cruise in early May 2015.

We are very excited but I do have a couple of concerns that I am seeking advice on.

We were planning on going with another couple but due to work conflict they are no longer able to go :( ... so it'll be just the two of us again :)

We are in our early to mid 20's. We love Disney but we did notice a pattern on our first Disney cruise... There weren't a lot of cruisers our age. What can we do to optimize our social experience on the Disney cruise?! We don't mind socializing with older cruisers but a lot of conversations are steered towards life experience that haven't even begun for us! Lol :p. Also, Disney cruise has socials for 18-21 year olds but we are just out of that age bracket. Would this be a right fit for us? :confused:

Secondly, any idea of how the weather is going to be like on Castaway Cay at that time of the year? Our ship couldn't dock the last time so we missed it. :(

I am open to any tips and suggestions from experienced Disney cruisers! Whether or not it's specific for the Disney Fantasy.

I'd like to share that we already have a reservation for Remy's for our first night (per my boyfriend's request) and I'm thinking of making a reservation for a Palo brunch for one of the sea days! We dined at Remy's (and LOVED IT) on the Dream but we haven't had a Palo experience (yet :cool: )

I really want to make this cruise extra special! Please don't hesitate to share!

No, the 18-21 club would not be a fit for you. This is the new incarnation of the former "college club" since the Vibe now has a strict policy forbidding any legal adult from participating. To have something for those high school kids who may be over 17, the college club was changed to 18-21. As a result, most of the college kids take one look at it and run--they don't want to socialize with high school kids.

Yeah, weather is going to be there. I'm being facetious, but there is no good way to answer that part of your question. In late May, it was HOT. As to docking, one individual did a detailed study of "failure to dock" with the classic ships and found that it consistently ran 1-2% of cruises with no propensity to a particular time of year. I'm not aware of any such data on the larger ships.

If you don't make a seating request, you'll likely be seated with other couples at dinner. However, as you noted, they may not be in your age range. Other than talking to younger couples at the pool, in the rainforest, etc. I'm not sure what to suggest--sorry. And definitely do Palo. Consider brunch and dinner as they are totally separate experiences.

We've been to Castaway Cay a few times in early December. Weather is very changeable. It's been 80 degrees and beautiful - clear, sunny, not windy. It's also been 80 degree air temperature but high winds making it feel more like it's in the high 60's and many excursions are cancelled due to the winds. Once we docked very late because the captain tried a few times and was about abort but managed to make it on the last attempt.

Join (or start) a Cruise Critic roll call for your cruise, and you can "meet" other folks ahead of time.

Or go to the DisBoards and join that Roll Call - they tend to be pretty busy. And do a search on facebook for your specific cruise. People from the DisBoards usually migrate to facebook, although DisBoards discourages this and will delete any mention of it off the boards.

Or go to the DisBoards and join that Roll Call - they tend to be pretty busy. And do a search on facebook for your specific cruise. People from the DisBoards usually migrate to facebook, although DisBoards discourages this and will delete any mention of it off the boards.
THIS! For our upcoming cruise, both the CC and DISboard threads are ghost towns, but the FB page is hopping.

I've been on two DCL cruises. We were able to dock at CC on the Magic, not able to on the Dream.

I would put in a request to be seated with other couples at a large table. It's possible that they will be older, but sometimes older people can offer some good advice because they've had those life experiences. ;) At a large table it's likely that at least one of the other couples will share interests with you. :)

THIS! For our upcoming cruise, both the CC and DISboard threads are ghost towns, but the FB page is hopping.

The Facebook Group format really is nice for discussing things on the upcoming cruises. It's like a mini-message board just for the cruise. It can be overwhelming to try and keep up with an active cruise meet thread on here or the Dis, and it's easier to find the answers you are seeking when the cruise itself set up in a thread format.