Internet question

Hi we are travelling on Anthem 22/5 with another couple, if we signed up for a 2 device package could we either;

Use one device as a wifi hotspot for our other devices to connect to? (4 iPhones and 2 iPads)

Or

Buy one 2 device package between the 4 of us then each sigh in and out as required?

What's the best option do you think please?

Hi we are travelling on Anthem 22/5 with another couple, if we signed up for a 2 device package could we either;

Use one device as a wifi hotspot for our other devices to connect to? (4 iPhones and 2 iPads)

Or

Buy one 2 device package between the 4 of us then each sigh in and out as required?

What's the best option do you think please?

Other reports have confirmed that a 2 device package allows you to sign out and sign back in on another device - it's 2 simultaneous devices, not two overall devices.

As for tethering with an iPhone, you would not be able to do this as you cannot share a WiFi connection over WiFi or USB - tethering in iOS only works with the cellular connection, not a WiFi network. This may be possible with a combination of other devices in theory, but I imagine it's against the terms of use of the internet package.

For example, you could probably share the WiFi connection of a MacBook over ethernet to an Airport Express router, and broadcast that connection from there. It's a lot of faff though, and as I said if not explicitly against the terms, certainly against the spirit of the terms (and potentially degrading the service for other users).

Edited by dst87

Thanks. Someone had put the latter suggestion in another thread but no one had mentioned if it was actually possible so I was wondering..... OH says 10 days without internet would be preferable to him!

Lots of people cruise to escape from technology. For me, technology is part of my everyday life, and not just in a 'work' sense - it's entertainment, leisure, communication. I don't want to escape from that - it's a big part of my life!!

Happy cruising :)