Shopping

Going on a Baltic cruise with Princess later this summer. Where is the best shopping for souvenirs?

Am on Princess shore excursions in St Petersburg. Do they let you do any shopping on those?

I'm going on July 8th. If you look at the descriptions given for all shore excursions; you can see that most allow time to shop. May not be a whole bunch of time, but you will have time. I have read that many use independent tours instead of the ship excursions and they seem to also have time to shop. I know what you mean--I definitly want some time to shop. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;7;8;21;00;00&timezone=GMT+0200

Cruising fool

I just got back from the Baltic and found the best bargains in Tallin, Estonia. They had about everything the other ports sold for a fraction of the cost. An added bonus was that the shuttle to the ship was free and easy to make a quick trip back to the ship and unload your purchases so you could shop for more! (RCI's Jewl of the Seas.)

I have to disagree with Mrs. Seabird, when compared to Russia I thought that the price in Tallin were high. The nesting dolls in Tallinn were $20+ whereas in Russia ones of the same quality were $5+. If you are just looking for souvenirs buy the nesting dolls on the street or in the markets where you can bargain, jsut be sure to open them before buy.

Grand Princess 5/29/2004

Dawn Princess 3/7/2004

Dawn Princess 3/10/2003

Golden Princess 2002

Sea Princess 2001

Carnival Fastasy 1997

Archived