Regal princess internet quality

Sxxacy

Worth it? I would want to skype - and I've read that the Internet quality is spotty and unreliable and slow - just wondering if the Regal is somehow an exception. I don't want to waste my money.

Worth it? I would want to skype - and I've read that the Internet quality is spotty and unreliable and slow - just wondering if the Regal is somehow an exception. I don't want to waste my money.

I gave up on the internet after using almost 100 minutes on our Regal cruise to get nowhere. We left the cruise at the end with a big amount of unused minutes still on our accounts.

It was terrible. :(

Just off B2B on Regal. We have platinum minutes so we did not pay.

It depends. Sometimes speed was good, other times we couldnt even log in.

Satellite is dependent on a lot of factors and the rest depended on I guess how many others were trying at the same time. I would think that video skype wouldn't work very well consistently but you can send emails most times.

Access to the signal varies around the ship -- I found that sitting on the bed in our cabin I could not get the wifi signal - I'd have to move to the end of the bed, get signal then scoot back to lean on the pillows after I'd logged in. Stupid I know but that was how it worked.

Really liked being able to check our account on my ipad. That was nice. I had all family members linked to my credit card so all family member's accounts showed up on my login.

We did not use the patter on the ipad. We prefered the printed version. Personal preference.

They should add the dinner menus - that would be a great "nice to have".

Printing airplane boarding passes last night at the internet cafe was easy and quick.

Skype is exactly why the internet on a ship gets "spotty" (Skype is not the only program, it's anything that takes up lots of bandwidth) If passengers did not try to skype or use these others on board it would make for a much better internet experience. I was on one ship where they actually blocked these programs, even some email intentionally. You might want to try to find internet ashore when in port if you really need to skype. Ask a crew member where :)