Intercontinental Tahiti

crisp1

I posted this on the Pacific Islands board too, but it seems like the 'experts' are right here :D

We're booking our own air and hotel. The IC has a discounted rate of $220 per night US non refundable and a another with no deposit and that can be cancelled up 3 days prior that includes breakfast for 2 daily and the circle island tour for $367/ night US. These rates are for a garden view room, For 420 more per night we can get a lagoon view- worth it?

This seems like a no-brainer but I've read mixed reviews of that tour and am wondering what the actual cost is for breakfast at the IC

Thanks

Edited by crisp1

You could also purchase an Ambassador membership and book a room one level below what you want. We were upgraded from Beach bungalow to OW on Moorea and Garden to Lagoon view on Tahiti.

I always book the cheapest room and always have been upgraded. Twice to over water bungalows but mostly Panoramic view rooms. Plus don't forget the LATE checkout. The ambassador membership well worth the price. So is getting the IHG credit card by the way. Breakfast buffet price is insane at $50 per person. If you are booking a room by yourself see how much the breakfast option is. You can get a cheaper a la carte breakfast too. I take a 10 or 20 minute walk and stock up cheaply for breakfast and lunch at two local supermarkets.

Circle Island tour not worth it unless you go into the interior in my opinion.

Edited by twin123185

Thanks for all the responses and recommendations. After some consideration I booked the IC lagoon view for the 2 nights pre cruise. The confirmation I got stated XFP 3912 for the breakfast buffet. I thought there was free internet in public areas at this hotel-my confirmation states XFP 1100 for 24hrs. I'm thinking about taking the hotel's shuttle into town our first day and check out the market and purchase some groceries. Also thinking about the 4 hr 4X4 for the second day- morning with Tahiti -Safari. Think the 7 hr will be too long and get us to the ship too late

You can get a cheaper a la carte breakfast too. I take a 10 or 20 minute walk and stock up cheaply for breakfast and lunch at two local supermarkets.

We tried to get the a la carte but they only offer it after the buffet - or so we were told - like 10 or 11 am. We were up too early for that so forced into the buffet. That was the first morning only since we, too, go shopping and buy food for the room.

We'll be checking in late Thursday night and plan an easy day for Friday- maybe a trip to the market for some groceries. Some recommend eating dinner at the trucks near the pier- or is there other recommendations. Checking out on Saturday and are thinking about a half day island tour. Should we take a cab to the pier and drop off our bags and have the tour company pick us up there or ask the IC if we can leave them there and take a cab after our tour.

Any recommended sightseeing half day tours?

Check out Patrick Adventures. He does a great 1/2 day tour, will pick you up at hotel and drop you at pier. However if you have a ton of luggage I don't know what you would do. The food trucks are awesome but not sure it's worth the round trip cab ride while staying at the hotel.

Check out Patrick Adventures. He does a great 1/2 day tour, will pick you up at hotel and drop you at pier. However if you have a ton of luggage I don't know what you would do. Maybe you can leave the bags at hotel and he will drive you to ship. The food trucks are awesome but not sure it's worth the round trip cab ride while staying at the hotel.

Check out Patrick Adventures. He does a great 1/2 day tour, will pick you up at hotel and drop you at pier. However if you have a ton of luggage I don't know what you would do. Maybe you can leave the bags at hotel and he will drive you to ship. The food trucks are awesome but not sure it's worth the round trip cab ride while staying at the hotel.

Do you have a link to Patrick's website- my searches come up with Marama tours.

Thanks

Patrick no-showed us. I had a confirmed reservation with him and emailed near the end of our cruise to confirm details. He wrote back that he was sorry but although he and confirmed it about a month prior, he had somehow lost our original reservation and could not accommodate us as booked.

Between him and being left on the dock by the other one because they gave us the wrong time in writing , we were 0/2 on private excursions in FP. :rolleyes:

Bottom line, I'd have a back up plan for pretty much everything.

Edited by ducklite

I have seen a couple of reviews on tripadvisor where people have had the same happen to them as Ducklite. However that isn't the norm and I know a lot of people, as recently as 6 months ago that had a great time.

I thought I had the email on my computer.

It's either:

patrickadventure@mail.pf

Or

patrickaventure@mail.pf

Give them a try.