Back-to-Back

Sharon Sails

It is fantastic!

Many people are doing B2B or "Consecutive Cruises" these days. We usually do b2b or b2b2b...rarely do we do only one sailing. When we first started doing b2b probably 10 years ago...it might be just us and some family members of various crew members. Today, it is rare that there aren't at least 20 people doing b2b. My favorite form of b2b is "same ship AND same room". Although we have done several variations....some of which people wouldn't consider "b2b" but we do! :)

same ship, same room

same ship, different room

different ship, same town (overnight stay in hotel between)

different ship, different town (same day transfer - drive between towns)

different ship, different town (same day transfer - fly between cities) - (now that one I was nervous!)

(All on RC!)

Edited by skiiergirl

I'm just wondering if I'd get tired of the same things on the ship...same shows, same food, etc.

Food and production shows (singers and dancers) will be the same, but most headliner shows will be different.

Edited by clarea

I'm just wondering if I'd get tired of the same things on the ship...same shows, same food, etc.

Which ship and itineraries are you considering?

Food and production shows (singers and dancers) will be the same, but most headliner shows will be different.

As Clarea says, the production show and MDR menus will be the same. Sometimes the headliners are the same also...but most times you will get some new ones. (Sometimes an entertainer will perform within the last few nights of one week and then again in the early part of the next cruise...before leaving the ship to head to the next ship.) If the itineraries vary from one sailing to the next, you will have a variety of ports (and places to eat lunch...if you eat lunch off of the ship). If the ship has a good number of specialty restaurants then it will give you more chances to try the various specialty restaurants...or repeat a restaurant but get different food choices. If there is only one specialty restaurant, you might not enjoy the food as much. Alhough we don't typically tire of the food for 2 sailings, by the end of the 3rd sailing I am ready for some of my cooking. :D

Yes! Our first B2B last September was probably the first vacation where we really felt like we relaxed. Eastern/Western, Freedom of the Seas, same room both weeks. There were about 50 consecutive cruisers on board. It's just the perfect amount of time, although I now know I could easily do a B2B2B!

Loved FOS so much, we're repeating the same itineraries again, first two weeks of September. We booked while we were on board, and this time we're sailing in a suite. There are others we met while on board last year, and they'll be sailing again with us. Can't wait!

I have done back to backs on probably at least twenty occasions. The longest was 33 days and I was never bored for a moment and loved it. Have done several 28 day stretches, always same ship, but usually different rooms.

We did our 1st b2b in February of 2014, we found the extra week was just enough for us to be totally relaxed. We returned from our 2015 cruise also a b2b with our 2016 b2b cruises booked while on board. This is the only way for us to get 2 cruises in in the same year. We are from the Midwest and still working - have to fly to any location. When you consider the cost of airfare why not take the extra week?

As for the entertainment, you will feel a bit more relaxed not worrying about getting to "all" the shows in 1 week.

We have booked our same stateroom for both weeks. That way you don't have to worry about packing up your personal items and waiting to move them to the next stateroom.

Edited by sailingduo

Well, tomorrow I leave on my first B2B - and solo at that! Thanks for responding, everyone. I'll have two different rooms, as the first week was just added yesterday! I'm anxious to see how I do - 14 days away from my dog. Won't mind 14 days away from hubby...lol. Packing today. Any last minute "don't forgets" will be appreciated. :cool::)

I love B2Bs! :) I'm going again this Fall, Med cruise then a transatlantic, 25 days, can't wait! Last year I did the Canary Islands from England, combined with a TA, too! Love those sea days!

Living in NE Wis., being gone mid-Oct. to mid-Nov. extends my Fall a little longer! :D

I have next year booked, too, same thing. A Baltic cruise then transatlantic. I love staying onboard, hanging out. I would not do it if I had to change cabins, not a chance.

We have also booked our first B2B. Was wondering about laundry however?

Flying into a port makes luggage hauling a challenge! :eek:

I know we can do the bag of folding laundry on board during the week, but what do you seasoned B2B types do to refresh some clothes?

For us living on the west coast and the ships mostly being on the east coast it costs us as much as a cruise in air fare to get there, so a b2b makes more sense. We have two b2b's booked - Xmas/New Year on the Jewel and two weeks in April on the Adventure. Same room both times, I have been on 1

b2b and a 15 day cruise thru the panama canal - the longer cruise portions of the menus were repeated but the headliner shows were all different, were on a b2b the menu's are repeated and so are the shows although some of the headliners are different. I also found the mood of the ship changed from week one to week two, different groups of people, different mood. But all was good and as you can see we are doing it again. You will enjoy, for us it's just the right amount of ship time. :D

I also found the mood of the ship changed from week one to week two, different groups of people, different mood. But all was good and as you can see we are doing it again. You will enjoy, for us it's just the right amount of ship time. :D

We found this to be true too. Same ship, but surprising how each week felt different; different vibe. And it's just the perfect amount of time. And like another poster mentioned, yes some of the shows repeat, but you don't feel any pressure to fit everything in the first week.

To the OP, enjoy your B2B!

In Galveston, I walked to the laundry mat and did clothes. I stopped by CVS to pick up soap. I used carry on luggage. I would've taken my car, but when I got to my car there was a flat.

I dealt with the flat after the second week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For us living on the west coast and the ships mostly being on the east coast it costs us as much as a cruise in air fare to get there, so a b2b makes more sense. We have two b2b's booked - Xmas/New Year on the Jewel and two weeks in April on the Adventure. Same room both times, I have been on 1

b2b and a 15 day cruise thru the panama canal - the longer cruise portions of the menus were repeated but the headliner shows were all different, were on a b2b the menu's are repeated and so are the shows although some of the headliners are different. I also found the mood of the ship changed from week one to week two, different groups of people, different mood. But all was good and as you can see we are doing it again. You will enjoy, for us it's just the right amount of ship time. :D

We fall under this category too. We won't leave home for less than 14 days. Sometimes we find longer cruises, but most of the time it's B2B or B2B2B. We have never changed ships, but we have changed cabins. That's no big deal. You leave everything that are on hangers, on them. You put the rest of your stuff in your suit cases. Go do whatever you want and when you get back on the shipped all your clothes, and stuff, will magically be in your new cabin.

We fall under this category too. We won't leave home for less than 14 days. Sometimes we find longer cruises, but most of the time it's B2B or B2B2B. We have never changed ships, but we have changed cabins. That's no big deal. You leave everything that are on hangers, on them. You put the rest of your stuff in your suit cases. Go do whatever you want and when you get back on the shipped all your clothes, and stuff, will magically be in your new cabin.

They will move my clothes for me? (those on hangers only, I assume). That's pretty neat. :)

They will move my clothes for me? (those on hangers only, I assume). That's pretty neat. :)

They will usually move your clothes that are on hangers, and your bags. However, I would confirm this with both your old and new stateroom attendants just to be sure.

They will usually move your clothes that are on hangers, and your bags. However, I would confirm this with both your old and new stateroom attendants just to be sure.

We just got back from doing a B2B two weeks ago.Thats the only way to go now with air fare being so high.We've done 4 B2B in the last 6 months,and are planning our next B2B in August 2015.

I'm just an hour or so from Port Canaveral, so I try to cruise as much as I can. Hubby still working, so I get to go alone :)

I've never done a B2B, though I have done one week, come home, and gone back the next week! I had reservations for next week, but I decided to leave NOW (tomorrow) because the sadness and grief of losing my neighbor/best friend to cancer three weeks ago is just overwhelming me. I need to get away and breathe. Everything here reminds me that she's gone. I know I need to accept it, and I will - just need a bit of a breather.