LGBT Cruisers

OzPinoyCruiser

Gay couple living in the Boise, Idaho area. We are originally from New York City/New Jersey area. Love cruises and decided it was the perfect way for us to get married.

Yeah must be exciting and fun...best wishes on your big day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
OzPinoyCruiser: And a very close friend of ours cousin married a fellow from Perth and live there, now. She's been asking her cousin, who lives near us to come visit, and were invited to come along....and we will!

Great...

Hi. JD from Canberra. National capital of Australia. :). Been on two cruises so far and booked on three more over next 12 months. Never been on a gay cruise but would like to. Just have limited choice here in Australia. Would have to travel overseas so a gay cruise becomes a bit of a holiday event and cost :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hi. JD from Canberra. National capital of Australia. :). Been on two cruises so far and booked on three more over next 12 months. Never been on a gay cruise but would like to. Just have limited choice here in Australia. Would have to travel overseas so a gay cruise becomes a bit of a holiday event and cost :)

Welcome to the thread JD! Indeed we are a bit limited here in Australia and we just need to make the most out of it.

Thanks. I agree with making the most of it. Most gay cruises here tend to be group bookings on mainstream cruises. Would be interesting to do an Aussie one :)

• 1 month later...

We're a male couple from the suburbs of Toronto, Canada who have been together over 26 years. Can't believe I reached 50 last year. :eek:

Done 11 cruises so far but still would not consider myself an expert on the subject matter. To answer your last question - we're going all out and doing something we've never done before - small ship expedition cruising. Going from Greenland across to the Arctic islands of Nunavut, Canada and down the coast of Labrador, Canada. Bloody expensive and may have to go a few years without a cruise to recover the cost but I consider it a once in a lifetime journey.

As for cruise style? We tend to keep to ourselves and are not big party people. We never done a gay cruise but have been happy thus far with our experiences on mainstream cruises. Met a few gay and straight people that we continue to stay in contact with. I'm a rarity in that I also love the at sea days! No land, no problem!:D

We're a male couple from the suburbs of Toronto, Canada who have been together over 26 years. Can't believe I reached 50 last year. :eek:

Done 11 cruises so far but still would not consider myself an expert on the subject matter. To answer your last question - we're going all out and doing something we've never done before - small ship expedition cruising. Going from Greenland across to the Arctic islands of Nunavut, Canada and down the coast of Labrador, Canada. Bloody expensive and may have to go a few years without a cruise to recover the cost but I consider it a once in a lifetime journey.

As for cruise style? We tend to keep to ourselves and are not big party people. We never done a gay cruise but have been happy thus far with our experiences on mainstream cruises. Met a few gay and straight people that we continue to stay in contact with. I'm a rarity in that I also love the at sea days! No land, no problem!:D

Nice to hear from you Bramcruiser! Wow that is a fantastic plan for you guys. We are also new to cruising and we are going on a cruise with another couple friend from Barcelona to Florida October next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we are Mark and Bill from San Francisco. Married almost 25 years with two children. We will be sailing on the Grand Princess to Mexico, departing from San Francisco on December 20, 2015.

Hi we are Mark and Bill from San Francisco. Married almost 25 years with two children. We will be sailing on the Grand Princess to Mexico, departing from San Francisco on December 20, 2015.

Hi Mark and Bill! Welcome to the thread.... Would love to hear from you more... Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I ever checked into this thread. Married gay couple here in Baton Rouge, LA. Just recently discovered cruising but have done 3 in the last 7 months! Taking a break for the next year and planning a big Baltic cruise next summer. Very excited and hope to meet some LGBT people on the cruise! Europe has got to be more open minded than Louisiana, right?! Well, maybe not St. Petersburg. lol

Don't think I ever checked into this thread. Married gay couple here in Baton Rouge, LA. Just recently discovered cruising but have done 3 in the last 7 months! Taking a break for the next year and planning a big Baltic cruise next summer. Very excited and hope to meet some LGBT people on the cruise! Europe has got to be more open minded than Louisiana, right?! Well, maybe not St. Petersburg. lol

Nice to hear from you BigBO! I'm sure you will meet some LGBT people as you go along. We met some new friends on our last cruise and so much fun to have new friends like us across the globe.

Hi everyone

We are a female couple from Ireland , but currently living near Manchester in the UK. Have been on 8 cruises since getting the bug in 2012 and have another 3 on the horizon, first of those being in September this year, can't wait and we are just back of Allure a few weeks ago.....All with Royal Caribbean..... Have never really considered an all gay cruise, as we have always met lovely people, both gay and straight on board.

Ozpinoycruiser,

not sure if you are interested but there is a G & L roll call for the Harmony Transatlantic in the G & L roll call section, I only know this as I just posted there myself, as this will be the 3rd of 3 upcoming cruises next year, so looks like we will be on the same trip. [emoji2]

Ozpinoycruiser,

not sure if you are interested but there is a G & L roll call for the Harmony Transatlantic in the G & L roll call section, I only know this as I just posted there myself, as this will be the 3rd of 3 upcoming cruises next year, so looks like we will be on the same trip. [emoji2]

Oh nice to hear that! I will check it shortly... I am part of the regular thread for that TA and I designed a logo etc 63b32e1dd641188271dd724ec136e114.jpgfor the group...

Hi

We are Chris and John from Lancashire England

Love going on cruises...Next one is 35 nights on P&O Oceana on 8th Feb 2016

Wow! 35 nights.... How do you even begin to pack for that? Lol

Our longest to date has been 14 nights but we have a couple of 16 night ones coming up, so perhaps we will get to 35 eventually!

Wow! 35 nights.... How do you even begin to pack for that? Lol

Spring for an unlimited laundry package! We're leaving this week on an 18-night trip, 10 of which will be a cruise on Wind Surf, with only carry-ons. Our clothes will be cleaner when we get off the ship than when we board. :)

I'm on legend of the seas for 28 days in November. My first B2B cruise. Doing Asia so expecting a lot of laundry and at $30 a bag thank god I have free OBC :)

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow GLBT Cruisers. I'm Briañ and my partner Stephen off 19 years live in Chicago. We leave this Saturday, Sept. 5th on the NCL Getaway. A week long cruise to the Eastern Caribbean leaving from Miami. This my 17th cruise, 7th on NCL. We haven't been on an all Gay Cruise. 2000 GAY Men in a confined space for a week is a bit much for us LOL. NCL is quite Gay Friendly. Their ships hold a " Friends Of Dorthy" cocktail hour every night in one of the bars on board. I hope everyone enjoys their upcoming cruises. Be Well!!! Brian

Hi to All,

Thanks for posting this thread. We are currently in Tampa, FL and as you can see from our signature, have been on a few cruises. We are leaving the end of this month to finally try Celebrity for our honeymoon. Got married in July after 27+ years together. :D We have been on a couple of the RSVP cruises and really enjoyed them. We are in our mid-forties and seem to fit perfectly with the crowd (are also by no means gym bodies and have never been in a pool on a cruise). We have booked another for February since it has been a while. The charters can really be anything you want. If you want to stay up half the night you can, but you don't have to. Just make sure you book a room further down or above wherever the parties are happening.

Glad to see so many of you enjoying the cruising world. We cannot believe it has already been 10 years since our first cruise. We plan to do some longer ones once we leave the working world. My (Richard) current itinerary to salivate over is San Diego to Sydney (30 days).