Balcony Question

Firemom34

I have cruised on the Carnival Pride before. It is recently updated and we are looking into a cruise next year. Previously we were in a balcony room. It was awesome to be able to sit out there. In our research for our future cruise, we discovered there is an option for an 'extended balcony'. My question is, WHAT is the difference between a regular balcony and an extended balcony?:confused:

Edited by Firemom34

We just booked with Carnival on the Pride for a cruise in Feb of 2016 and had the option of getting an extended balcony. The only reason I can think of them not offering it on whichever ship you were looking at is that they might all be full?:confused:

Edited by cruisenoobie14

Pretty much the only difference is that the balcony is extended a small amount more.I have found that for me it is not worth the difference in price for the amount of time that I am outside. But I certainly do love balconies.I also seem to recall that they are also located more towards the middle of the ship and I prefer aft.

If you're asking about the pride, I'm not really an expert. But typically the extended balconies are aft, are larger and have more furniture on them. If the balcony is big enough to allow, you may get a lounger or an additional chair. We like to book these balconies, but we also enjoy being aft and enjoy the view from the balcony. I personally do think they are worth it. You will always get mixed reviews on whether they are worth the money or not. There are people who love them and people who hate them. But if it fits in your budget and you want the extended and it's available, go for it!

I have cruised on the Carnival Pride before. It is recently updated and we are looking into a cruise next year. Previously we were in a balcony room. It was awesome to be able to sit out there. In our research for our future cruise, we discovered there is an option for an 'extended balcony'. My question is, WHAT is the difference between a regular balcony and an extended balcony?:confused:

On the Spirit class ships, the extended balconies are indeed deeper than the regular balconies. But one drawback is that the view down to the water is blocked by lifeboats while the regular balconies look straight down to the water.

Edited by stargate fan

We had three extended balconies on the Pride over New Years and had the partitions opened. It was a great huge party deck for all three cabins. It really did make a difference for us as you can walk past someone while they are sitting on the balcony.

Look at a deck plan at cabin 8232. there are about 1/2 dozen of these extended balconies. The balcony is 180 sq ft. They are amazing.

Yes, correct. BUT, unfortunately, on the Pride, this cabin is categorized as a SUITE so the price is much more. On the Breeze, the same cabin (aft wrap) is NOT sold as a suite, just an "extended" balcony cabin....

Yes, correct. BUT, unfortunately, on the Pride, this cabin is categorized as a SUITE so the price is much more. On the Breeze, the same cabin (aft wrap) is NOT sold as a suite, just an "extended" balcony cabin....

No it's not a suite. 8232, 6232, and I think 7258 are 8j and 8k. Regular extended balconies. Same as the cabins next to them. I have 8232 booked for next month. Why have a 10 ft balcony when I can have 30 ft for the same price. ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am booked on 6232 on Pride, it is not priced as a suite it is an 8J