Show Times

ovccruiser

Presumably this takes place with immediate effect although FOCL doesn't make it clear in their statement. As an habitual first sitting diner I wasn't that bothered when the showtimes were although I could get in more dancing during the trial period. I'll let you know if the showtimes have reverted on the September 14th Balmoral cruise. :D

Thanks Fred,

So what are the times which are going to be implemented because I think that many first time cruisers on Fred like me, enjoyed the show times fitting the meal times. I never ever heard any complaints, but of course it does work both ways that if you have been travelling with a company and enjoyed times it will be a bother when they encounter a change. So what happens to all these people who have never heard of Cruise Critic or the trial period, rebook, only to find their favourite times changed when they are next on their allready booked Fred Cruise. I am on the verge of booking, but now I think I will wait until I see what the revised times are. it may be that I will book and get used to the NEW times. Am I correct in thinking that the old Show times were 7.30 for first sitting and if so will not affect me, as I was first sitting last cruise anyway

Edited by Broch

I have just returned from the Boudicca cruise to the Baltic, 29th August to 11th September.

Originally, when I booked, I booked 2nd sitting as we prefer to eat at about 8.00pm followed by watching a show. However, I noticed on here about the trial change, meaning 2nd sitting would have to go to the show before dinner. We, therefore changed to first dinner which was rather too early for us but not that much earlier than the Showtime for 2nd sitting.

Big mistake for us, because after dinner and the show there was nothing but hosted dancing (not for us) and a Quiz at 10.00pm. The Lido Lounge did have live music and Colin James was very good to listen to. Then at midnight there was a Disco.

However, Elliot, the very friendly and efficient Cruise Director, organised for us to change to 2nd sitting and everything was brilliant after that. On a couple of nights 2nd sitting went to the early show when they had a crew show and the resident band had performances at 10.30 but that was ok just for those 2 nights.

Thanks, anyway, to Fred Olsen for listening.

The old times were set to allow each sitting to eat first, then go to the show.

So first sitting show usually started around 8:30 - 8:45.

Thanks Mark, that would suit us fine. This is what most cruise lines do and I think we had the same times last year. Everybody can eat first then go to show after. I think it was mostly the late sitting cruisers that were unhappy because they brought their times forward.

Just returned from Balmoral to the Baltic.

We were on second sitting.

They had the shows for us a few times early and some late.

Didn't think we would like the show early but found it ok.

In fact it was good that the shows were different time, it made for a nice change.

We are keen dancers so whatever the time of the show we had plenty of time for dancing.

Overall I would prefer the early show then dining, but everybody different.