Checking in from Reflection, Initial Thoughts

disillusi

We will be on the Reflection in a month and enjoy reading all the comments and reviews people post. We normally cruise HAL but are trying Celebrity because of the itinerary and smoking policy. We love HAL except for the constant snoke every everywhere is intense.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the TA and the Mediterranean cruise following it. We found housekeeping wonderful as always, but dining room food and service was not up to Celebrity standards. Our last cruise was 39 days on Solstice and the food/menu was delicious so we never went to a specialty restaurant. This cruise was 27 days and we ended up going to specialty restaurants most nights. On the 11 day Mediterranean, we only ate in Opus 2 nights.

We talked to some waiters and they said even more cutbacks were coming from Miami. Also, many senior waiters were planning on leaving.

These were are 27th and 28th Celebrity cruises and we were terribly disappointed.

We were on the TA and the Mediterranean cruise following it. We found housekeeping wonderful as always, but dining room food and service was not up to Celebrity standards. Our last cruise was 39 days on Solstice and the food/menu was delicious so we never went to a specialty restaurant. This cruise was 27 days and we ended up going to specialty restaurants most nights. On the 11 day Mediterranean, we only ate in Opus 2 nights.

We talked to some waiters and they said even more cutbacks were coming from Miami. Also, many senior waiters were planning on leaving.

These were are 27th and 28th Celebrity cruises and we were terribly disappointed.

How about coming back and finishing the story on the other thread you started?

We are going on the Reflection on 5/18 and are looking forward to it. This will be our first Celebrity Cruise. We have been on some other cruise lines including HAL and RCL. I'm surprised to see so many seasoned Celebrity cruises voice concerns on quality.

I will report back on how the cruise was. We have been on about 10 cruises and they all been great. I expect that this won will be also. Chances are I will not be able to notice any cutbacks since this is the first time on the ship.

Edited by bvocruise

We are going on the Reflection on 5/18 and are looking forward to it. This will be our first Celebrity Cruise. We have been on some other cruise lines including HAL and RCL. I'm surprised to see so many seasoned Celebrity cruises voice concerns on quality.

I will report back on how the cruise was. We have been on about 10 cruises and they all been great. I expect that this won will be also. Chances are I will not be able to notice any cutbacks since this is the first time on the ship.

We were on Reflection not long ago; it was great! Was everything perfect? Of course not. It was one of the best cruise experiences we have enjoyed (25+ cruises, 3 lines).

Enjoy, wish we were going :(

We have faced problems on occasions in select dining on formal nights. Celebrity move the show times on these nights so the second show is 10-30. I guess too late for some especially if you have an early start excursion. The result of changing show times seems to be that select dining is overwhelmed with people trying to dine and get to the early show. I think food and service really suffers. The theatre gets overwhelmed too.

We try to dine later than normal on those evenings and go to the late show when seating is usually much easier. There must be a reason for changing the showtimes like this but I think it causes problems elsewhere on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...