Miracle

camper49

I was on the 3/28 cruise and the only thing that stood out was the former jazz club turning into red frog pub. Nicely done area, but even then they don't serve the grub like on the bigger ships. The Alchemy bar was right in the walkway near the MDR and I never saw it crowded at all. No Guy, Blue Iguana , big screen TV (thankfully IMHO) or green thunder waterslide. They redid the sports bar but I didn't find much cause for excitement at all. Overall I couldn't really discern much change on the Miracle at all.

I can't remember what eating area had those really awesome looking breakfast burritos. Was it the Blue Iguana, maybe? So the Miracle doesn't have this now?

Yes, it was the Blue Iguana and no the Miracle did not get it :mad:

Supposed to get Hasbro and Suess at Sea. We're taking bets that she'll be getting these eventually. We think the stuff is sitting in a container waiting to be offloaded in the Ports of LA/Long Beach.

It is not like they don't have the money for a full 2.0. I don't understand how they can call it upgraded when they only fixed the speed issue and threw in a bar or two. The good stuff they left out.

It is not like they don't have the money for a full 2.0. I don't understand how they can call it upgraded when they only fixed the speed issue and threw in a bar or two. The good stuff they left out.

Maybe they couldn't do it all in two weeks.

I don't see propulsion issues as having any affect on the rest of what they added to the Miracle. It's not like the engineers fixing the pods would be too busy to add a Guy's or Blue Iguana instead.

Supposed to get Hasbro and Suess at Sea. We're taking bets that she'll be getting these eventually. We think the stuff is sitting in a container waiting to be offloaded in the Ports of LA/Long Beach.

Dock strike is over. I suppose there's still a six months backup to unload though.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

1 more production show will start this week, then these two will follow.

We were on the 4/11 cruise and according to the Cory, the CD, the reason the Miracle didn't get the Blue Iguana and Guy's burgers was they didn't have permission from the port of San Francisco to do these upgrades. Don't know if this is true, but this is what we were told.

You can put in the Red Frog Pub and do a new sports bar............. but don't even think about Guy's or Blue Iguana . This makes ZERO sense. These enhancements were not listed months ago when the so called 2.0 announcement was made for Miracle.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the 4/11 cruise and according to the Cory, the CD, the reason the Miracle didn't get the Blue Iguana and Guy's burgers was they didn't have permission from the port of San Francisco to do these upgrades. Don't know if this is true, but this is what we were told.

Wonder why the port of San Fran would care?

More importantly how could the port wield that kind of authority? The whole story about the port not allowing the upgrades to take place on the Miracle is dubious at best and most likely false. This dry dock was planned many months ago. Would Carnival really dry dock where someone else would dictate what they could do to their own ships? Real reason is likely Carnival didn't want to pony up the money to do anything that wasn't a money enhancer like the green thunder waterslide or Guy's or Blue Iguana Cantina. The only upgrades that were done were the bars aka moneymakers.

More importantly how could the port wield that kind of authority? The whole story about the port not allowing the upgrades to take place on the Miracle is dubious at best and most likely false. This dry dock was planned many months ago. Would Carnival really dry dock where someone else would dictate what they could do to their own ships? Real reason is likely Carnival didn't want to pony up the money to do anything that wasn't a money enhancer like the green thunder waterslide or Guy's or Blue Iguana Cantina. The only upgrades that were done were the bars aka moneymakers.

Miracle sure didnt get the good stuff.

I don't know why it would matter with the port of SF.

I just reported here what we were told by the cruise director. Our thinking is the parts for the Blue Iguana and Guy's are still in shipping containers waiting to be unloaded.:):rolleyes:

I don't mind that Guy's isn't on the ship. If it was, then I wouldn't be able to get chicken nuggets.:D

I don't know why it would matter with the port of SF.

I just reported here what we were told by the cruise director. Our thinking is the parts for the Blue Iguana and Guy's are still in shipping containers waiting to be unloaded.:):rolleyes:

I don't mind that Guy's isn't on the ship. If it was, then I wouldn't be able to get chicken nuggets.:D

The chicken fingers are one of the best things Carnival has. We are doing the Valor next Feb and they dont have guys burgers so hoping the fingers are there.

Rose, I wasn't meaning to take a swipe at your credibility. I am sure Carnival made some lame excuses :D. If Carnival wanted the rest of the upgrades on Miracle it would have had them done. They plan these things way in advance and would have been prepared. When Carnival took away our sea day brunch drink because people complained about it being " too restrictive "(only for golds apparently ) and then come back a few months later and give us back an even more restrictive drink instead of a party, they lost a lot of credibility with me.

Edited by n6uqqq