Park Jockey - NYC - any reviews/comments?

mygreyhound66

Good morning all - we are travelling to NYC pier on May 3rd for the Breakaway to Bermuda!!! we are 4 people in one car (driving from Long Beach Island area) and initially we were going to park at the pier ($40/day) and this would be split thru the two couples. Essentially it is ok - however, I am always in search of saving some money!

In looking through many posts about parking suggestions for the NYC pier, there was only one mention of Park Jockey NYC but no review. I googled them, and in looking at the website, there is some significant savings on the parking situation, I am somewhat familiar with the area of the parking garages, but before I commit to doing this I would really love to hear from anyone that has used them and can comment either way.

Thanks in advance..........

Park Jockey isn't a parking lot or a garage, it's a third party booking agent that will reserve a parking space for you at one of the lots or garages they have a contract with. For example on the date you're interested in, May 3, their website is offering three options. Of the three, ParkRight is the one that has been mentioned fairly frequently by posters here and most who have commented seem satisfied.

A couple of important things to note:

The garages often have additional charges for any vehicle larger than a standard sedan...and in some cases won't take vehicles over a certain size, so you need to check with the particular garage if you're driving a larger vehicle.

The garages are valet parking facilities which means your car can be moved many times during the week you're parked there, which increases the potential for damage to your car. At the cruise terminal you park and lock your own car, so it stays where you've parked it.

Since you're driving in from NJ another option is parking at the NY Waterway garage (it's a self park and lock garage) at their Port Imperial ferry terminal in Weehawken. It costs $16 per day. You take the ferry across the Hudson to the 39th street terminal, which is a half mile walk to the cruise terminal. Ferry fare is $9 per person in each direction.

We park at the cruise terminal and find the convenience is a fair trade for the higher price.

Edited by njhorseman

NJhorseman - thanks so much for your reply - that is exactly the type of info I was looking for! I don't want my vehicle touched by anyone else, so most likely we will take the convenience and ease of parking at the pier........again, I appreciate you taking the time!

• 4 years later...
On 4/16/2015 at 1:57 PM, njhorseman said:

Since you're driving in from NJ another option is parking at the NY Waterway garage (it's a self park and lock garage) at their Port Imperial ferry terminal in Weehawken. It costs $16 per day. You take the ferry across the Hudson to the 39th street terminal, which is a half mile walk to the cruise terminal. Ferry fare is $9 per person in each direction.

I think the overnight parking is now $20/day at Port Imperial.