Still confused about single occupancy

suamom

We have two cabins booked on the Radiance for an Alaska sailing this summer. My DH and I are in a balcony and our two daughters are booked in an interior stateroom across the hall. We have just found out that our older daughter will not be able to cruise now due to a new job out of state. Our final payment will be due soon and I am wondering of room price will stay the same or if the rate will decrease with a single person (1).....

Thanks

Trish

The price will most probably stay the same for the room, but you will only have to pay port fees and taxes for one, as well as gratuities.

If you were to rebook your cruise with your spouse listed in one room and you in the other with your child, your spouse would receive double C&A points.

Of course when rebooking the price is generally higher making this a moot point.

Thanks for all of the info. Yes, we had a price drop equaling $1900.00 with both cabins a few months ago and price has increased quite a bit so re-booking is not an option. If it was a caribbean cruise, we would take one of our daughters friends but Alaska is too far and too expensive to take someone else's child...so, we have opted to let our 17 yr old stay by herself which I feel terrible about but she is fine with it...

We have two cabins booked on the Radiance for an Alaska sailing this summer. My DH and I are in a balcony and our two daughters are booked in an interior stateroom across the hall. We have just found out that our older daughter will not be able to cruise now due to a new job out of state. Our final payment will be due soon and I am wondering of room price will stay the same or if the rate will decrease with a single person (1).....

Thanks

Trish

Since you won't be getting any money back, maybe your daughter can just bring a friend? Or you can cancel her room and add her to your room. From what I've read on this board, a single occupant is charged double price because the prices quoted are based on double occupancy. If there aren't at least two occupants, then the single person will pay the cost of two people. Sucks for people who want to cruise with friends or family but don't have a travel buddy. The argument that the cruise line is losing money on drinks isn't a very strong one because there's no guarantee that additional person would have spent an extra dime on anything on board. Oh well :(

The price will go down just a few hundred $. Is your daughter over 18? If not you or your hubby will have to move one of you to the interior.

Royal allows guests under the age of 18 to be in their own cabin as long as it is directly beside (does not have to be connecting) or directly across the hall from the parents cabin.

Royal allows guests under the age of 18 to be in their own cabin as long as it is directly beside (does not have to be connecting) or directly across the hall from the parents cabin.

When we had five family's cruising, we had to have an 18 year old or older in the kids rooms which were across the hall from is. Has the rules changed in the last 5 years?

Yes, our 17 year old son is booked into a cabin alone, directly across from us. You will pay the penalty rate for a single, that will be just a few hundred less than you are paying now.

Edited by barbeyg

When we had five family's cruising, we had to have an 18 year old or older in the kids rooms which were across the hall from is. Has the rules changed in the last 5 years?

Must have. I've had my kids in their own cabin across the hall several times in the past 3 years.

It has to be directly across though. Even one cabin either way and they would not allow it for me.

Edit...there are travel agents that insist on booking an adult in each room as then they can book on line. To have minors only in a room requires a phone call to Royal to book.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Kids CAN be in a cabin alone...as long as they KNOW the parents are on the ship, too! No worries. You'll pay about the same for the 1 child as you would for both....you won't have to pay port fees or taxes for the canceled kid....but cabin prices are based on DOUBLE occupancy...it's the cost of the cabin you need to look at...not the "per person" price.