Viking Star menus

algaes

Attached are the room service menu and tonight's dinner menu from The Restaurant (April 19th, departing Pula), and the first cycle for Chef's Table

I'm working on Manfredi's menu which is the always the same, as far as we know, and the next cycle menu for Chef's Table that starts tomorrow (every nine days).

Room Service_00001.pdf

The Restaurant Apr 19 Left Page_00001.pdf

The Restaurant Apr 19 Right Page_00001.pdf

Chefs Table_00001.pdf

Thank you for sharing Leo. Will be interesting to see if the Chef's Table stays with Asian theme throughout......

The dinner menus looks like it should cover a wide range of tastes, as well as the room service menu. Speaking of which, have you tried any dinners on your balcony yet, and how was that experience?

Cool Cruiser,

Thanks for the menus, it has been great fun this past 10 days receiving a live commentary from this maiden voyage from the many posters on CC, it is becoming quite addictive and I am not sure I will be able to stop until I board in Venice in September.

I was interested in the term Market Price below the caviar on the MDR menu, would I be right in assuming that they charge extra for this item?

Neil

It does appear that is a lot of shellfish.....but also a lot of other options. I am allergic to shellfish.....and have been assured that there will be alternatives. The only place I was really concerned was the Chefs Table.....every other venue has a lot of options. I think it will all work out.....on Rivers they were great in making sure I didn't go hungry.....in fact just the opposite! I am thinking I won't be hungry here either!

It does appear that is a lot of shellfish.....but also a lot of other options. I am allergic to shellfish.....and have been assured that there will be alternatives. The only place I was really concerned was the Chefs Table.....every other venue has a lot of options. I think it will all work out.....on Rivers they were great in making sure I didn't go hungry.....in fact just the opposite! I am thinking I won't be hungry here either!

IMHO a lot of the shellfish is reflecting Mediterranean regional cuisine. On shore, I've seen a LOT of shellfish on the menus of restaurants as I've walked around in ports between Istanbul and Venice.

It's been noted on other threads, but the Chef's Table has five fixed menus (no (or perhaps very limited) substitutions), and rotates through them every nine days or so--one menu for nine days, then switches to the next menu for the next nine days, etc. From Istanbul to Venice it was an East Asian-inspired menu, really rather good if you like that sort of thing. I'm not sure what the menu will rotate to for the next 9-day period.

Riffing off your question about dining on your balcony, does anybody know if you can order off of the Restaurant's evening menu for evening room service (as you can on HAL and some other cruise lines)? That's something we have not yet looked into, but would probably do some evening as a change of pace.

Thanks Filbert-KC.....we had the same shellfish abundancy experience last fall when we were in a lot of the ports you all just came through.....and in all my travels, I can always find something that works very well! I am not concerned at all...and my DH loves it when he can indulge in the foods that I cannot cook/eat! So it all works out!

I will be interested to hear about anyone enjoying (weather permitting) dinner on their balcony......

Enjoy Venice and your next ports!!!!

Thanks for posting the menus. I see a lot of stuff that appeals to me - probably too much!

Enjoy the next itinerary; it looks like a great variety of countries and ports, small and large, including a good number on my "To Do" list.

Attached is the next Chef's Table menu. Again, this will be the fixed food and wine pairings for 9 nights starting Apr 20th. I'll track down the next iteration once it is printed. I have no idea how many menus comprise a cycle before returning to menu 1 or whether they are even planning a cycle.

I'll track down a breakfast room service menu and scan it. We ordered room service last night and the cabin crew are hit or miss on placing a new one in the room. This morning it was a miss.

Same with mini-fridge servicing. No rhyme or reason on replacement of items used or when in the day the servicing happens so we can't tell if the beverage service has happened.

Chefs Table Menu 2.pdf

Thank you for sharing Leo. This is an excellent looking menu. Can't wait to enjoy dining at the Chef's Table. Is there a long line of cruisers waiting for a table each night at the early searing?

Attached is the room service menu for breakfast only. Says have it hanging on door by 11pm the night before but we put one out at 11:50pm and had no problems the next day.

Poopsa, in our experience Manfredi's picked up business and became more crowded as a cruise went on. Some dining companions reported Chef's Table was less active as cruise went on. That could a function of more difficulty drawing repeat business until menu changes or passengers opting out as we did because offered menu not suitable to taste. There is a rumor I can not confirm that Chef's Table would be alternating between two menus. That may have been an inference from someone seeing one menu one day and a different menu the next day not realizing a nine day cycle had ended.

Breakfast Room Service Menu.pdf

I so wish they had alternatives to The Chefs menu, my mom loves most of that stuff, but even some of it is too exotic for her. Usually I can find something so that she can indulge but so far what I have seen I could eat maybe one thing off the menu and the previous menu nothing. I think we will be skipping our reservation at the Chef's table.

We usually eat World Cafe during the last half hour when things are less frantic. I saw someone today ask for a English muffin at the egg counter and they provided him one from the cooking stations. At the table we were also discussing we've yet to see ENgliah muffins or bagels at the bread station and this is 12th morning on the cruise.

Riffing off your question about dining on your balcony, does anybody know if you can order off of the Restaurant's evening menu for evening room service (as you can on HAL and some other cruise lines)? That's something we have not yet looked into, but would probably do some evening as a change of pace.

On my way out of The Restaurant tonight I stopped at the check-in desk and asked if the dinner menu could be ordered from Room Service during The Restaurant's dinner hours. The Assistant Waiter didn't know the answer and correctly got a maitre 'd (or head waiter - I've talked to this man before but don't know his title or name but can recognize him). I asked if the dinner menu could be ordered via room service and the answer was "You can try." I then asked "What does try mean? Does that mean yes or no?" and was told "No, you can't".

We ate at the Chef's Table tonight and had East Indian menu. The restaurant was only half full - that should have been our first clue. Our next Chef's Table is before the next 9 days are up. We will be cancelling that reservation. Enough said.

The next 9 day rotation menu is "Ventian" themed. We'll keep those reservations, but won't go back for the East Indian.

We sat with a couple who were in line at 'The Restaurant" last night and the Viking staff was asking everyone in line if they would like to go to the Chef's Table. They had few takers.

We ate at the Chef's Table tonight and had East Indian menu. The restaurant was only half full - that should have been our first clue. Our next Chef's Table is before the next 9 days are up. We will be cancelling that reservation. Enough said.

The next 9 day rotation menu is "Ventian" themed. We'll keep those reservations, but won't go back for the East Indian.

We sat with a couple who were in line at 'The Restaurant" last night and the Viking staff was asking everyone in line if they would like to go to the Chef's Table. They had few takers.

Glad this wasn't the menu for my birthday party! Venetian sounds better. Find the Chef and ask if they take requests. 😀

First evening at sea after Split on Venice to Barcelona segment.

Left page varies; right page is specialty tasting menu that varies and classics.

You can make any choices you want. DW had pumpkin soup from left page and the lamb specialty main course from the right page.

I had steak and green beans for the second time :(

The Restaurant Apr 22 Left Page.pdf

The Restaurant Apr 22 Right Page.pdf

Thank you so much for the time and effort it takes to post the menus. I know food is subjective, but overall had would rate the quality of the food? Is it hit or miss or generally good? Any suggestions as to what Viking's Achilles heel is in entrees? Thanks.

Good luck with that one! One of the complaints I've heard from others is that there's no variance in the Chef's Table menu. We just stick with what's on offer - it's easier.

I can't wait for you to board PopsA and follow you around asking for all these special requests - maybe you'll have more luck than we've had. We'll just tag along and take advantage of your success. I can tell you're going to be a blast to hang out with!