Age Allowed In A Cabin?

GranysT

I'm probably the last one to know this, but thought I would pass it along just in case. Just found out today, from my PVP, that Carnival no longer requires someone over age 25, to be in every cabin booked. My girlfriend and I are booked on the Victory, in August, in 1 cabin. She also booked her 2 granddaughters into another cabin, across from us. The 2 girls are both 18, she is taking them on the cruise celebrate their high school graduations. I asked the PVP if the girls needed an adult booked in their cabin. She said not anymore. As long as they are at least 18, AND have an adult over 25 cruising with them, they can have their own cabin. She also said the 2 cabins could be on seperate decks anywhere on the ship. WOW, this was news to me.

Can anyone verify if this is really correct information? I know PVP's don't always know the real scoop.

Before we took our family cruise in 2013, I was under the impression that each cabin with a person under 21 had to have someone over 25 occupying the same room. Our PVP referred me to the actual rules for booking someone under 21, which simplified our future bookings for the family.

We have never had a problem booking our children and their friends following these rules from Carnival:

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

- The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian

- The bookings must be cross-referenced with the guardian’s stateroom and documented properly

Guests 12 and younger

- If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

- Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

- Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

There are some exceptions for married couples and military personnel that I didn't include.

Your PVP gave you the right information, have a great cruise!!!!

Well I did say I was probably the last to know. In my defense, this is the first time I've cruised with anyone other than an adult. I was remembering discussions on the boards about having someone at least 25 in a cabin. Guess that was quite awhile ago. The older you get, the faster the years fly by. Anyway, thanks for all the info.

Well I did say I was probably the last to know. In my defense, this is the first time I've cruised with anyone other than an adult. I was remembering discussions on the boards about having someone at least 25 in a cabin. Guess that was quite awhile ago. The older you get, the faster the years fly by. Anyway, thanks for all the info.

Its really hard keeping up with all the policies, especially when many don't directly have an impact on you.