Taxi from Coxen Hole to West End?

Whodat26

I don't know the prices. I think it will vary from taxi to taxi. I do know there will be a lot of taxis right on the street after you walk through the shops area in Coxen Hole. Plus, there will be a lot of vendors asking you to take their tours where you get off your ship.

What do you plan to do in the West End? Have you looked at private tour guides for the Island? There are some really reasonable and great ones.

Have a great time in Roatan. One of my favorite places.:):):)

I don't know the prices. I think it will vary from taxi to taxi. I do know there will be a lot of taxis right on the street after you walk through the shops area in Coxen Hole. Plus, there will be a lot of vendors asking you to take their tours where you get off your ship.

What do you plan to do in the West End? Have you looked at private tour guides for the Island? There are some really reasonable and great ones.

Have a great time in Roatan. One of my favorite places.:):):)

As far as I know Taxi are not regulated. If you want to walk out to the main road, if you have a fair talent with Spanish and if you are not seeking round trip, your rate may well be better than just snagging any taxi outside the gate.

If ya really wanna cut cost take the mini bus, it runs every 15 mins. Ya gotta walk in to town to catch it.

Or

As said above if ya wanna a bit of local flavor and a private guide to show you their island, to take you anyplace ya want... the tour operators are not all that expensive.

By the by ~ the best prices I have hear round trip is $25pp.

What do you plan to do in the West End?

Eight of us are going diving in the West End. And the Dive operator has someone picking us up outside the terminal area for $15pp round trip. Not sure if it's the dive operator or a taxi picking us up. We have about thirty of us all together and was looking for transportation for some of the others. A lot of the others are new to cruising and scared and have the ("if you book something outside of the cruise operators your gonna get left!") Mentality.

Thanks for the info on the buses. That's the type I would prefer if I were not crunched for time with diving.

Is it a long walk from where you disimbark the ship to outside the cruise terminal area?

Eight of us are going diving in the West End. And the Dive operator has someone picking us up outside the terminal area for $15pp round trip. Not sure if it's the dive operator or a taxi picking us up. We have about thirty of us all together and was looking for transportation for some of the others. A lot of the others are new to cruising and scared and have the ("if you book something outside of the cruise operators your gonna get left!") Mentality.

Thanks for the info on the buses. That's the type I would prefer if I were not crunched for time with diving.

Is it a long walk from where you disimbark the ship to outside the cruise terminal area?

That sounds like a good price. Have you tried contacting the dive operator to see if he can arrange transport for non-divers? Otherwise I would contact one of the private drivers listed on this site. I am sure they could cut a deal for a group that large, if they want to travel together. If they split into smaller groups the price will go up.

As far as getting left, they need to understand the difference between ship time and local time, and use a watch - not cell phone. In Roatan they need to pre-arrange return transport.

If this is your Navigator sailing you will be at Coxen Hole. You need to walk through port, where there are some tour operators located to outside. It is some distance if you have limited mobility but not really far compared to some ports. I think if you google there is a port map available.

Edited by c-leg5
Added