Cancelling cruise and re booking

crisp1

Is this possible- cancelling our existing booking for our 10 day cruise and re booking to get the UBP- we'd loose our $200 obc and pay $100 more pp. Thanks

I do not believe you can even if your category is available. It usually states somewhere can't cancel and rebook to get the deal.

Is losing $200 OBC + $100 more worth the package? Decision is yours if they allow it.

As long as you're outside the cancellation window (70 something days) you can do whatever you want to your reservation, subject to any fees your TA may impose. A quick call to NCL in the past and they pushed through the new rate without having to change room assignments. All previous promos were lost but the rate dropped a few hundred dollars. When we book with a TA we had the same thing happen. Cruise dropped from $599pp to $399pp. They charged us a $25 change fee but it was worth it because of the amount we'd save.

Is this possible- cancelling our existing booking for our 10 day cruise and re booking to get the UBP- we'd loose our $200 obc and pay $100 more pp. Thanks

It depends on if your cruise is booked through NCL in the USA, or NCL Europe. I live in Europe myself, but always book through NCL in the US, because of the possibility to cancel and re-book without any penalty fees up until final payment date. Through NCL Europe, you loose your deposit if you cancel before the final payment date, even if it is to re-book...

Edited by TrumpyNor

I do not believe you can even if your category is available. It usually states somewhere can't cancel and rebook to get the deal.

Is losing $200 OBC + $100 more worth the package? Decision is yours if they allow it.

Yes, you can. I did it today for our October cruise. And it is worth the extra cost since the UBP is worth a lot more.

It depends on if your cruise is booked through NCL in the USA, or NCL Europe. I live in Europe myself, but always book through NCL in the US, because of the possibility to cancel and re-book without any penalty fees up until final payment date. Through NCL Europe, you loose your deposit if you cancel before the final payment date, even if it is to re-book...

Good point, I assumed OP was in U.S., but that could be an incorrect assumption.

Edited by Mistizoom

I booked through ncl UK website and noticed the price was much cheaper a few months later and they let me change to the cheaper price for a £35 admin charge....well worth it!

Just ring them up and see what they can do for you!