swimming pool on azamara journey

freedomdiner

does anyone know roughly the depth of the pool and is it all one depth? On a recent cruise on oceania my wife could not stand up in the pool!!

I've sent an email to the Hotel Department to ask the depth. Will post when I hear back :)

Bonnie,

Thanks for answering all the questions put to you so here's another one.

We have just booked a b/b on the Journey after it's drydock in February.

Do you know if, as on Oceania, the Owners Suites will get walk in Showers instead of the large tubs currently in them?

Making the change to Azamara from Oceania hopefully will not be too difficult for us. Looking forward to new great experiences.

Thank you,

Orchestrapal

Bonnie,

Do you know if, as on Oceania, the Owners Suites will get walk in Showers instead of the large tubs currently in them?

Making the change to Azamara from Oceania hopefully will not be too difficult for us. Looking forward to new great experiences.

Thank you,

Orchestrapal

laat i heard they were giving up or doing somethong to the half bath to pit a shower in.

also i am 5 feet and one part of the pool is over my head.. the pools were or are the same on all R ships.

laat i heard they were giving up or doing somethong to the half bath to pit a shower in.

also i am 5 feet and one part of the pool is over my head.. the pools were or are the same on all R ships.

Thanks,

Don't know why they would do that when ther is a perfect space In the master bath. Let's hope they can keep the powder room and re- do the master bath.😀

Thanks,

Don't know why they would do that when ther is a perfect space In the master bath. Let's hope they can keep the powder room and re- do the master bath.😀

heard that on the ship. .but who knows if it is true.. heard more about drydock but until isee it i do not believe it.

heard that on the ship. .but who knows if it is true.. heard more about drydock but until isee it i do not believe it.

That is what I heard via the ship too. Knocking through to the guest bathroom to create the space for a walk in shower. It's hard to see how there would be the room to have a tub and walk in shower if they left the bathroom as is. There is a void behind the bed that can be seen on the stateroom plan and I'm not sure if it is possible for them to do something there and save knocking through to the the smaller bathroom or if it is structural.

azamara-club-owners_suite_lg_362x275.gif

Phil

• 4 years later...
On 4/30/2015 at 10:25 AM, BBMacLaird said:

The ship's pool depth: Fwd part 4.2 foot and aft part 5.6 foot .

I am travelling on the Quest in February 2020 and was wondering if this information is still current.  I am assuming the pools are the same as the Quest is a sister ship to the Journey.  Also is the slope from 4.2 foot to 5.6 foot gradual or more of a shallow end/deep end configuration?  Thank you for any input.

7 hours ago, Chilcotin said:

I am travelling on the Quest in February 2020 and was wondering if this information is still current.  I am assuming the pools are the same as the Quest is a sister ship to the Journey.  Also is the slope from 4.2 foot to 5.6 foot gradual or more of a shallow end/deep end configuration?  Thank you for any input.

It’s more of a shallow to deep end configuration, but there is a metal bar at water level around the two jacuzzis. 

Here’s a photo.

891222D7-2D58-481B-AB50-CA6F1EE15907.jpeg

2 hours ago, Chilcotin said:

So I take it where the railings around the hot tubs are in the deep end of the pool. I'm 5'9" so I guess I will be on my tippy toes in  that area.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The centre of the pool is 4ft 7inches. I would say it's gradual, but obviously relative given the size. You have to  get out of the pool (either shallow or less shallow end) to go in the jacuzzi. I'm six foot. I don't find it very deep anywhere in the pool. 

Phil 

Sorry, my earlier answer was misleading - it is a slope from 4ft 2 at the shallow end (nearest the camera in the photo above) to 5ft 6 at the deep end (furthest away from the camera). The area around the Jacuzzis is half way,  so I imagine it would be about 4ft 9 at the narrowest point of the pool in between the two jacuzzis.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The centre of the pool is 4ft 7inches. I would say it's gradual, but obviously relative given the size. You have to  get out of the pool (either shallow or less shallow end) to go in the jacuzzi. I'm six foot. I don't find it very deep anywhere in the pool. 

Phil 

Phil, 

At 5'9' based on what you said above I shouldn't be over my head anywhere in the pool.  I like to do water exercises in the pool so this should work out okay for me.  We are on the ship for 26 days so want to keep active with the amount of food I will be eating.  Most pools in  North America have stairs to go in and  out of the pool so I am going to have to practice going up and down the  ladder at my pool at  home. Due to my MS I am a little shaky on ladders but at least if I fall off I land in the water.

I was wondering if anyone recently used the hot tub/Jacuzzi on any of the Azamara ships. On a (not so) recent O cruise, I could not get the management to make the Jacuzzi "hot" it was tepid at best (probably around 95 degrees). I never got a straight explanation as to why.

John R.

3 minutes ago, PSULion said:

I was wondering if anyone recently used the hot tub/Jacuzzi on any of the Azamara ships. On a (not so) recent O cruise, I could not get the management to make the Jacuzzi "hot" it was tepid at best (probably around 95 degrees). I never got a straight explanation as to why.

John R.

Always hot from my experience. 

Phil 

2 hours ago, PSULion said:

John R.

Too hot in the Croatian heat to use.

The Hot Tub temp for me is hit or miss. Needs to be hotter most days. The T-pool never been hot in all the years I used the pool.

I am five feet so the pool is over my head. I tend to sit at the edge of pool and push off and swim. for an older ship i p refer thsi pool to another cruiselines pool.

7 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It was not hot enough on the Journey in the forward retreat area.   Not hot enough for a hot tub but too warm for a pool.

This is the thalassotherapy pool rather than the hot tubs by the swimming pool which is what John R was asking.  In all my cruises on Azamara I have never had a problem with the temperature in the poolside jacuzzis.  The T-Pool that you are talking about is another matter.  I think there may be an issue on Journey because I also found it too chilly on that ship and in spite of speaking to the spa manager it never was very warm.  Pursuit was a different matter. It has always been hot enough, but not all the bubble jets work.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

On 4/29/2015 at 4:56 PM, orchestrapal said:

Bonnie,

Thank you,

Orchestrapal

We were in an owner's suite in June (Baltic and Norway).  We had a walk in shower and a separate  tub.  There was a pocket door that separate a two piece bathroom.  I have attached a few photos for you.

Loved our Owner's Suite!

IMG_20190622_064216.jpg

IMG_20190622_064221.jpg

IMG_20190622_064235.jpg

• Like 1