Wifi question

Hi

I know people have asked various a questions on this subject but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for

If 4 of us have iPhones and I buy a package for 2 devices should we turn our phone to aeroplane mode and text message each other via iMessage? I'm wondering how to text without getting roaming charges.........

We are gonna share the 2 device package between the 4 of us by each having 1 phone per couple then I will log out of my phone and onto iPad when I wanna use that - does that sound correct? Thanks guys x

Hi

I know people have asked various a questions on this subject but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for

If 4 of us have iPhones and I buy a package for 2 devices should we turn our phone to aeroplane mode and text message each other via iMessage? I'm wondering how to text without getting roaming charges.........

We are gonna share the 2 device package between the 4 of us by each having 1 phone per couple then I will log out of my phone and onto iPad when I wanna use that - does that sound correct? Thanks guys x

Text messages go through via app and ship's wi-fi network is used. No roaming charges. To my understanding however messaging isn't any more free - you have to pay for it.

Your plan sounds correct - you can have two devices connected same time, so you can switch between multiple devices - just logging out and in.

Hi

We just got off the Quantum and you plan would work out fine. We each had a laptop and our iPhone and bought the 2 device unlimited package. It really was as simple as you think. As long as we only had 2 devices logged in at a time, we were fine. We texted using iMessage and it was fine. In either airplane mode or cell data off/no roaming, you will be fine.

I did a speed test and found myself getting around 25 mbps.

Just back from the 4-24 sailing. Using the Royal IQ app, the text messages were free on our cell phones. They were in airplane mode, connected to ships wi-fi...we did not get charged for texting through the Royal IQ app but did get two days free (24 Hours each time) of internet use . We are both Diamond members. Internet slow, or hit and miss in cabins, but better in other "public locations". Speed good if you were in a good location.