I Wish Princess Would

trinaM

Bring back Caribbean sailings in the summer. Some of us who work in public schools are at the mercy of only taking vacations when the kids aren't in school...I've got 2.5 glorious months where I would love to be cruising!

YES. And I am stuck with sailing on school holidays...which is insanity.

I wish Princess would bring back the "plush" in the plush bears they sell. The old ones were 18" plush with a sweater that had the name of the ship on them. They were so fun to collect. There is no point buying more than one of the new ones. They are about 8" tall and hard. No snuggling with those babies. They are missing out on a lot of money when they could personalize them for each ship.

Edited by notentirelynormal

• 2 weeks later...
Wish Princess would resume sailing out of San Juan. The 7 day cruises from there afford visiting southern Caribbean ports. Also the getting from the airport to the cruise terminal is so easy and the terminal it self is easy and efficient

We LOVED that cruise! Add couple days in PR and it was such a relaxing vacation!

Also, PLEASE add more cruises from NE (not Canada itineraries), any port NY/Baltimore/NJ will do. It could be Caribbean or Bermuda, dont care as long as we are not flying to FL.

Good post, however most of these areas of concern would incur greater costs.

Are you prepared to pay more for your cruises?

I would pay premium to sail year round from NY/NJ/Baltimore - 10+ day cruise with no hassles of flying - awesome! They can reposition some of Alaska ships, they are equipped for colder weather anyway.

I would pay premium to sail year round from NY/NJ/Baltimore - 10+ day cruise with no hassles of flying - awesome! They can reposition some of Alaska ships, they are equipped for colder weather anyway.

Ummm... Not really. We just did a 17 day Panama Canal transit on Coral and she does Alaska runs as well. There's nothing "different" about the ships that do the Alaska cruises.

Besides, I am on the West coast and want more cruises out of SF - not out of NY. :rolleyes:

Well, Royal Caribbean sails out of NJ.... I highly doubt there would be much demand for year-round cruises out of these ports. Just too cold and stormy!

robandana; Offer a buy 1 get 1 free during the Elite/Platinum and Suites cocktail event each night. :D

That would be great!!

How about doing what RCCL does and provide FREE nightly cocktails and appetizers for Diamond and above passengers and for suite guests? I would rather that than the free bar set up, which is so limited.

On RCCL, Diamond guests and above get 3 free drinks each evening during cocktail hours in any of the bars as well as providing Diamond and Suite lounges with complimentary cocktails and appetizers from about 4:30 to 8pm. A Diamond guest can really get a tankful!

Lunch in Sabatini's on sea days would be nice for suite guests. RCCL offers Grand Suite and above guests breakfast and lunch in Chops Grill.

Reserved seating at the theater and pool for suite guests. (RCCL does it)

How about doing what RCCL does and provide FREE nightly cocktails and appetizers for Diamond and above passengers and for suite guests? I would rather that than the free bar set up, which is so limited.

On RCCL, Diamond guests and above get 3 free drinks each evening during cocktail hours in any of the bars as well as providing Diamond and Suite lounges with complimentary cocktails and appetizers from about 4:30 to 8pm. A Diamond guest can really get a tankful!

Lunch in Sabatini's on sea days would be nice for suite guests. RCCL offers Grand Suite and above guests breakfast and lunch in Chops Grill.

Reserved seating at the theater and pool for suite guests. (RCCL does it)

Not happening...

I wish Princess would bring back the eucalyptus products. They were lovely and I really enjoyed them. The stuff in the large pump bottles is dreadful and smells like nothing at all. I wonder if Princess knows that smells/fragrances evoke the strongest emotional response......therefore.....they should want the product to be memorable. Every time I would use one of my hoarded little bottles I always started thinking about how much I wanted to take another cruise! So take note here, Princess....it is science and emotion and happy cruisers thinking about booking their next cruise. What a great idea!

Hoarded bottles - and then you wonder why Princess have resorted to the large refillable containers. Passengers who did this in the past have spoiled things for the rest of us.

Why couldn't Princess put the contents of the hoarded bottles into the refillable containers instead of the generic goo they have now?

Have someone stationed at the buffet entrance handing out santitizing wipes or liquid hand sanitizer. I haven't cruised Princess a lot, but the times I have, there was no effort being made in this regard. Never experienced that on other cruise lines.

Remove the liquid shower gel and shampoo from the showers and replace with bar soap and bottled shampoo and conditioner so I don't have to bring my own.

Have only one formal night on a 7 day cruise. Or eliminate them altogether and just do a dress-up night.

I wish Princess would make it a standard to have carpet in the passage ways that had the color associated with the starboard and port sides of the ship. The older ships used red trip for the port side and blue for the starboard side so when you get off the lift you can look to see which side is which to get to your cabin. This isn't done on the Royal class ships and it can become a little confusing when the lift area has lifts on both the forward and aft sides. Small thing but is a help.

I wish Princess would make it a standard to have carpet in the passage ways that had the color associated with the starboard and port sides of the ship. The older ships used red trip for the port side and blue for the starboard side so when you get off the lift you can look to see which side is which to get to your cabin. This isn't done on the Royal class ships and it can become a little confusing when the lift area has lifts on both the forward and aft sides. Small thing but is a help.

Oh no! The red/blue thing is one of the things I thought was great about the Grand. So much easier for people like me with no sense of direction.

Well, Royal Caribbean sails out of NJ.... I highly doubt there would be much demand for year-round cruises out of these ports. Just too cold and stormy!

There would be great demand for Princess cruises out of Baltimore or even Norfolk. Many many cruisers could then drive to the port instead of paying outragous prices to fly to FLL. The flights limt many from cruising.

Oh no! The red/blue thing is one of the things I thought was great about the Grand. So much easier for people like me with no sense of direction.

And I have heard they are doing away with as the various ships get upgrades.

There would be great demand for Princess cruises out of Baltimore or even Norfolk. Many many cruisers could then drive to the port instead of paying outragous prices to fly to FLL. The flights limt many from cruising.

I'm guessing it is no more for east coast fliers to go to FLL than it is for us on the West Coast.