Lunch recommendations

2red4u

We are staying near the space needle, at homewood suites. On our arrival day we want to eat near there for lunch, then just hang around this area. Price is not really a concern,so no fast food or chains. What is the local favorite?

Toulouse petit is on our radar! I want to do the happy hour there, though. We may wind up doing lunch but thn I'll need a dinner recommendation in the area or abouts. We get in around 11 on Friday. The plan is check in then lunch, hit space needle and emp, maybe another museum, if time allows. Then dinner. Sat is pike market, then the lockes( agosy cruise?) Seattle under ground tour sounds fun too. Last year we did savour Seattle chocolate tour and loved it. I appreciate any input. It myself, husband and 2 girls ,17, 13.

Tolouse Petit is great, but I'm with you--I would save it for happy hour (get there right at 4 pm if you want a seat!), or breakfast (one of the best in town). I'm not sure you can get the happy hour menu in the section where the kids can sit, so breakfast could get you around that.

If you want something quick and easy, and with lots of choices, I would head for The Armory at Seattle Center. They have a great food court, not the usual chains you see at every mall, but local favorites. Skillet burgers are amazing, especially topped with their bacon jam!

Another possibility--especially since you say price isn't a concern--is SkyCity, the restaurant at the top of the Space Needle. You can make a lunch reservation and bypass the line for the elevator. They're overpriced, of course, but food is actually pretty good, and the price does include the elevator to the top. The best part is, you can sit at your table and watch the world glide by in cool comfort, instead of fighting the crowds up on the observation deck--much more civilized.

Edited by Casagordita

My oldest can't do heights, so no space needle eating for her. She hangs out at the bottom. I didn't even think about Toulouse petit not allowing kids in a certain area for happy hour, I had better call them. Thank you for that.

Do double-check with them, I've very rarely found any place running Happy Hour that doesn't require you to sit in the bar - and I'm pretty sure Washington is one of the many states where bars are strictly adults only even when it's the 'bar' and 'restaurant' are the same room. Never seen kids sitting in the bar area seats at Toulouse.

Since lunch in the needle is off the table, I'd suggest doing Toulouse for lunch (as cg already mentioned, brekkie and happy hour are hella busy - lunch not so much though, so it'll be less of a wait for a table).

For dinner in the area with kids, what about Dicks Drive In (you don't have to drive in...) or Sport (they have boardgames available for family entertainment - though avoid CaH unless your kids are at least teens!!!)

I got a response from TP and no kids during happy hour since they only serve in the bar. Thank you for that heads up. I would have never thought it a problem. So we are planning lunch there. Now to figure out dinner.

Edited by 2red4u