Canaletto in lunch time?

hugoal

Haven't seen any info or menu about Canaletto for lunch time. Just wondering what it would be like for lunch...is it the same menu as the dinner? Or is it closed in lunch time? Or is it part of the lido buffet and open seating at that time? Any ideas?

We did a 24 day Med cruise in 8/2013 with our favorite HAL ship Nieuw Amsterdam and they did have it open for lunch! We enjoyed lunch a couple of times. Now on mour recent 14 day Carribean cruise on the Nieuw it was not open. So go figure!

Denise😄

We did a 24 day Med cruise in 8/2013 with our favorite HAL ship Nieuw Amsterdam and they did have it open for lunch! We enjoyed lunch a couple of times. Now on mour recent 14 day Carribean cruise on the Nieuw it was not open. So go figure!

Denise😄

So they actually had a menu or do you mean the seating was open?

So they actually had a menu or do you mean the seating was open?

Hi Cruz chic,

You know at breakfast time we were in the Lido, and they were setting up a podium at the entrance , and as we were walking by the We noticed people making reservations. We were asked if we would like to make reservations for lunch today? We did and they did have menu. Also they were serving there big platter of appetizers where they plated the assortment for you!

I remember having a shrimp risotto that was excellent.

On this past cruise I was sad that no lunch was being served atthe time in March.

Denise:)

Hi Cruz chic,

You know at breakfast time we were in the Lido, and they were setting up a podium at the entrance , and as we were walking by the We noticed people making reservations. We were asked if we would like to make reservations for lunch today? We did and they did have menu. Also they were serving there big platter of appetizers where they plated the assortment for you!

On this past cruise I was sad that no lunch was being served atthe time in March.

I think I'll have to check that out on the Veendam. Any day I don't have to eat at the lido is a good day. Thx for the info.

Hi Cruz chic,

I wonder if this was a "test" to see if there is sufficient interest to justify creating a separate lunch menu for Canaletto ... what was the charge for lunch?

Thanks for the info,

Rod

Denise

Hi Cruz chic,

So this was done in 2013?

It is now 2015 and I don't remember anyone mentioning that the Canaletto was open for lunch in 2014 while in the Med.

Test must have failed.

But I sure do like the sounds of shrimp and risotto.

Haven't seen any info or menu about Canaletto for lunch time. Just wondering what it would be like for lunch...is it the same menu as the dinner? Or is it closed in lunch time? Or is it part of the lido buffet and open seating at that time? Any ideas?

Canaletto is only available at dinner. It's just a part of the lido buffet with different chairs at lunch time.

So this was done in 2013?

It is now 2015 and I don't remember anyone mentioning that the Canaletto was open for lunch in 2014 while in the Med.

Test must have failed.

But I sure do like the sounds of shrimp and risotto.

KK,

It was 2013 we had lunch. We just finished our cruise this March on her doing the Carribean cruise, and no lunch was being served!

I hope I did get that across. If not I am sorry.

Denise :)