Snorkeling Tour in Tortola/Legend

peggy1

We will be in Tortola on the Legend, and are only in port from 7am-2pm. We are wondering if anyone has done the snorkeling tour to Norman Island, and if so how they liked it, is it close to the Baths?? The Carnival site only lists $ as a price for the trip, does anyone have an idea of the cost? Thank you for any help, I posted this on the Tortola site but haven't gotten any response, hopefully past Legend cruisers will be able to help. Thanks in advance.

Donna- We did this in May 2005 when we were on the Legend. It was wonderful and we all had a great time. You sail out for about 30-45 minutes and then stop a reef to snorkel for 45 minutes, then off to Norman Island. They drop you off for about 1 hour. The beach is nice-the water calm and shallow. There is a small reef near by you can swim to. There is a small refreshment stand and gift shop there. They have snorkel equipment and vests for you to use if you don't have them. Also free rum punch after you leave the first stop, and then again on the way back. I can't remember what it cost but I think 65.00 a person. We were a group of 16 people ages from 31-79 and I was goingto rent a catamaran but I was afraid about getting back to the ship. It was cheaper through Carnival. The catamaran had about 40 people on it of all ages. The two man crew helped you with the equipment if you needed. This was one of my favorite excursions of all times. I enjoyed it more then the baths which we visited last year.

We were just on the Legend this past August and did the Treasure Island snorkeling trip on Tortola. It was really good, and cost $55 each. There were no snacks or beverages included, but you really don't need them. If you take the later time, I think 10:45, you will have time to walk to the tents at the dock to shop a little. We also went through Carnival because of the short time we were in port. Have a great cruise!! We loved the Legend!

The shore excursion in Tortola billed as "Virgin Island Sailaway" uses a huge catamaran, sails to a great snorkling (sp) spot, then on to a really good beach for a stop, finally back to the pier. Lots of rum on board. Excellent trip. We have it booked for the second time in November on board the HAL ship Volendam.

Hope this helps.

I just came back from the cruise and went on the Sailaway catamaran snorkle tour and I was disappointed. Someone else was on the same tour and he said the St Johns snorkling tour was much better. It is the one that goes to an underwater National Park which is set up with underwater signs. He and his wife said it was great.

Archived