What is your favorite Carnival Cruise Food?

CruzinTamela

:D I don't know what my favorite food will be, we are going on our first cruise on the Glory Dec 10th. But I am thinking I will do something like the Bar Crawl and visit each food establishment and try everything on the menu at least one time, that sounds good to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lobster, of course, DD got one that was almost raw once and DH got one that was very iodiney tasting but mine have always been perfect. Goat cheese pizza, burgers from the grill, and chilled strawberry soup. I haven't tried the pumpkin soup yet, but that's on my list now. The cheese plate is a must have also.

So far the 2 faves are pumpkin soup and lobster tails. Cold soup and long ago frozen, tough bitter iodiny lobster tails, eeeyeww, no wonder Micky D's makes money. And some also liked the garden slugs or escargot, another Yuk. Just melt some butter with smashed garlic and dip bread in it, same taste and you don't have to eat the slugs, retch.

Just kidding [except for the lobster, eat some fresh steamed lobster and you will never touch that frozen broiled stuff again]

How come nobody mentioned the "secret" all chocolate buffet? Just finding it is great and watching the "feeding frenzy" [after I got mine] is much fun..

My faves are, in no particular order: Dining room food, buffet food, pizza and SALAD bar food and "Ruin Sorbies" :D:D

Dan

Hands down the best I've ever had was the Coquilles St. Jacques.

Its scallops in a sauce and around the edges of the bowl and bottom of the bowl is potato. It is the yummiest dish I have ever tasted. I am SO looking forward to having it again.

There was also a dessert one night- I cant remember the name but it was covered in a warm white sauce that was fantastic.

Laura

I can never remember the name of this dessert, but I've only seen/had it on the Conquest. It was a pastry that was deep fried, big at the bottom and was "done up" to resemble a small drawstring type purse......ok, that's the best description i've got....:rolleyes: anyway, it was filled with what I call old timey chocolate pie filling that was AMAZING. It came with a serving of coffee flavored ice cream.

Has anyone else had this or know what this tiny treasure from heaven is called?

How come nobody mentioned the "secret" all chocolate buffet? Just finding it is great and watching the "feeding frenzy" [after I got mine] is much fun..

Dan

You know I was wondering the same thing. Love the chocolate buffet, chateaubriand, salads that are always nice and crisp, and lets not forget the pizza.

This was a great thread. I'm leaving on my first Carnival cruise in 4 days and appreciated suggestions from all the veterans. I must try the pumpkin soup!

As for baked Alaska, I don't feel you missed anything. While the parade is fun to watch on Princess, it is one of my least favorite (no, it IS my least favorite) desserts. You didn't miss anything. Now - flourless chocolate cake - that sound like it is not to be missed. I also love souffle and creme brulee. Do I sound like a dessert freak?

Love the strawberry soup. Tastes just like a strawberry milk shake. We don't drink so we didn't use the wine glasses on the table so I poured my strawberry soup in my wine glass and was drinking it like a shake. Our waiter came by, stopped , looked at us (my son did the same thing) kind of funny, shook his head and went on. When we finished we ordered another one and sure enough he brought us two more in wine glasses.

The strawberry bisque (chilled strawberry soup) and chilled orange sory (chilled orange soup - tastes like sherbet) are my favorites.

My daughter says the grilled chicken of satay is hers. It's generally served as an appetizer on the first night.

My son says his is the pizza.

I can never remember the name of this dessert, but I've only seen/had it on the Conquest. It was a pastry that was deep fried, big at the bottom and was "done up" to resemble a small drawstring type purse......ok, that's the best description i've got....:rolleyes: anyway, it was filled with what I call old timey chocolate pie filling that was AMAZING. It came with a serving of coffee flavored ice cream.

Has anyone else had this or know what this tiny treasure from heaven is called?

I think this was served on the Valor on the first formal night. I remember seeing it, but don't remember what it was called. Maybe if you can find a menu online...

I loved the desserts in Rosie's (the casual restaurant). There was always a great selection and some of them were incredible. Also, coffee and croissants for breakfast (sigh).

Jeff

Goat cheese pizza...MMMMM. Morning coffee from room service....On the Balcony. Prime rib AND Lobster tail(s). And the "Cheeses" from the dessert menu.

The only thing I would add is the trio of Chocolate dessert in the Supper club...we order the cheese platter to be on the table when we sit down to dinner, one each...

I am a creme brulee fan, and as far as the baked alaska goes, I think it's a waste of time. however, my DH waits the whole cruise for baked alaska. He thinks it's wonderful.

We have a rule on our family cruises that you must try at least one thing you have never had before, my DH loves the escargot and he is trying to talk my kids in to trying for the first time this trip. It is not going over very well as you can imagine!!!

I remember really liking the prime rib, the chocolate buffet, chateaubriand, and a little of the chilled tomato soup (no idea what it was called but the more I ate the more spicy it seemed) and my mom liked the cornish game hen. I loved the food on the Fantasy and cannot wait till the Glory!

Leaving for the Victory in less than three weeks and may be it is due to my mind being so polluted by work but all I can think about is an ice cold foo foo drink and a Rueben from the deli sitting in the sun on the Lido deck. Once I have them, I know I will be cruising!!! After that, it really does not matter.

But seeing all the talk about the pumpkin soup, it will be on my list to try.

Archived