What is your favorite Carnival Cruise Food?

CruzinTamela

I can't wait till I can try some of those wonderful sounding things.....I am so glad someone brought this thread up. I think I will have to have one of each...with the exception of escargot. I kill those on my patio. :D I am a chocoholic so someone tell me if there is a chocolate buffet on the Conquest and how you know about these type things, capers?? Also I saw an old capers that said food of the night, italian, etc. Where do they have a themed food night?

The Conquest does have a chocolate buffet; it was during lunch on the last sea day (Sat.) . The Capers will contain all the dining information, including the theme nation of the day. The daily buffet themes (in order) were Italian, Japanese, India, Caribbean, France, American, and Chocolate.

I'll be cruising with Carnival for the first time in 9 short days (can't come soon enough!) and am anxious to try many of the items listed here as favorites. My question is about the escargot - how is it presented? Does it look like slugs on a plate, or what? How big are they? Are they covered in a sauce of some sort that masks their true identity to the casual observer? Are they breaded and deep fried (makes nearly anything palatable :D)? SO many people seem to love escargot that I feel I should try it, but I don't want to waste it (which is what will happen if I order it, get a look at it and know I can't eat it based on appearance alone...).

SO many people seem to love escargot that I feel I should try it, but I don't want to waste it (which is what will happen if I order it, get a look at it and know I can't eat it based on appearance alone...).

That's what is so good about a cruise, you order it and don't like it then they will bring you something else. I plan to try numerous things that I normally wouldn't because I'm afraid I won't like it. :)

JillzyC,

The escargot is smothered in garlic and olive oil, which is almost as good as deep frying! :) Honestly, escargot is one of my favorite dishes, and it's really not that different from eating oysters or clams. My son fell in love with them in France when he was five years old (it started with my husband daring him to "eat the snail") and now orders them every chance he can get. This is a kid who lives on chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers. So, if he can eat them and like them, I figure everybody can at least give them a try!

BLT from Room Svc.

Roasted Pumpkin Soup (I always get two of those instead of salad)

Wild Mushroom Soup

The rolls at dinner, esp. sundried tomato ones

Decadence of Chocolate

Chocolate sauce in those little cups at the Choc buffet, you can drink it like a milkshake

White and Dark Choc Mousse

Beef Wellington

We were on a Royal Caribbean cruise a couple of years ago and mentioned that we absolutely loved the shrimp cocktail they served on the first night as an appetizer. Our waiter brought out shrimp cocktail for us every night on the cruise after that. Yum! Do you think we might get lucky like that on the Destiny in December?

I feel like a female Homer Simpson DOH! Rack of Lamb mmmmmm, Lobster

Tails yummmmm, Baked Alaska yeeeeee, Cherries Jubilee wooohoooo, Prime Rib ack ack ack, Goat Cheese Pizza ohhh ohhhh ohhhh, topped off by the Nautica Spa low calorie and low card orange cake. :rolleyes:

Lynne

SAIL ON.........LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND!!!

JillzyC,

The escargot is smothered in garlic and olive oil, which is almost as good as deep frying! :) Honestly, escargot is one of my favorite dishes, and it's really not that different from eating oysters or clams. My son fell in love with them in France when he was five years old (it started with my husband daring him to "eat the snail") and now orders them every chance he can get. This is a kid who lives on chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers. So, if he can eat them and like them, I figure everybody can at least give them a try!

It's Butter, Butter, Butter. I make Escargot all the time. It's the butter and garlic that makes it taste soooooo good. They are soooo easy to make at home. Take a Can of Escargot(I can buy them in our grocery store) and drain them well. Then take a stick of butter, softened, add 6 crushed cloves of garlic, salt, and pepper. Take some mushroom caps, put a little butter mixture in the bottom, then a snail, and then a big lump of the butter mixture on top. Put it into a 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes. Serve with crusty bread for dipping and enjoy. Very Very Easy. I have to warn you the snails in the can are pretty ugly, but they taste fantastic!!! If they are really big snails, you can cut them in half to use.

Bacon, every morning for breakfast! We ate in the dining room every morning but one, I LOVE being waited on, never happens at home!:p

I also loved the scallops, as did my DH, we still talk about them, over 2 years later!

I didn't like the lobster, you can't beat Maine lobster for me.

My very favorite thing about the food is never having to decide what to make!

Oooooh, I am so hungry now, but too lazy to make anything. I love the rack of lamb, the prime rib and anything wild mushroom from the pizza (yum) to the appetizers to the occasional entrée. The ruben sandwiches are fantastic! I could go on and on, but I just started weight watchers (again :rolleyes: ), so I better not come back to this thread LOL.

The Trio of chocolates at Nick and Nora's supper club (Miracle) was amazing! I was already stuffed, but managed to eat the whole thing!

As others have mentioned, the Bitter n' blanc and Flourless choc cake are great.

One thing I liked that deserved a mention was the Indian Tikka wrap. That was surprisingly good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Coquilles St. Jacques is my favorite! the pumpkin soup is wonderful...the prime rib is to die for as is the lobster...but the best thing for me is I have 3---1-2-3 little kids and everynight at dinner out wait staff would cut their food for them and make sure they had what they needed and I didnt lift a finger..unless it was going to my mouth!!:rolleyes: wish they were here now!! That was the first hot meal I have had in 7 years...OH it was heaven!!! husband and I are going in January for our anniv. so we will get to try those midnight buffets we missed out on the last time...:)

there was also a mushroom appetizer with some sort of sauce on it that was so good we ordered two more to take to our room!!

I have sailed with Carnival several times and here is a list of my favorites:

Their soups, nearly every single one that I have tried has been wonderful.

Their bread, I don't know why, it isn't even hardly warm but slap some butter on it and BAM! it is good! LOL

The lobster tail of course

The vegetarian burrito/enchilada (can't remember which one it is) that they offer one night during the cruise, I'm not a vegetarian but I never miss that this entree doesn't have meat.

Any of the shrimp dishes Carnival offers, there is a nice sweet and sour type shrimp offered one night that is wonderful.

The made-to-order omlettes in the mornings.

The hot chocolate

and last but not least..........

the ice cream!!

:) :D

Archived