What is your favorite Carnival Cruise Food?

CruzinTamela

I just finished my first cruise (Valor) on Sunday. Overall, the food was not as fabulous as I had heard it would be. We did get adventurous and try lots of things we never tried before, including escargots. I would describe them as having the look, texture and taste of sauteed mushrooms, except a little sweeter. They were surprisingly good. We also tried a couple of cold fruit soups--cream of lychees and a mango one--that were very interesting.

My favorites:

Goat cheese/mushroom pizza.

Room service BLT

Fish and chips upstairs at Rosie's

Bourbon-roasted chicken

And desserts!

Bitter and Blanc.

Grand Marnier souffle.

A fig and date pudding served in the dining room, which sounded strange but turned out to be the favorite dessert at our table of 10.

• 3 weeks later...

My first Carnival cruise ended 10 days ago. Thanks to all who suggested the Pumpkin soup...it was wonderful and I miss it already! I also enjoyed several of the cold soups, the grand manier souffle, room service brownies and the Thai Peanut Eggplant the one day at the buffet lunch. I was truly suprised at the wonderful quality of the food!! :D

We like the sandwich bar and sushi station so we had some hors d' to take to the room with drinks. I felt the fod was quite good. If only the passengers were as refined as the cuisine we would book them again. To many drunk teens roaming the halls.

Kim lists this, among other things, as one of her favorites, and I agree. For me and my sister, this is the dessert we wait for all cruise long. It is a wonderful warm concoction, sort of like a small souffle. On the bottom of the souffle dish is a thin layer of bitter choclate, on top of that is a delicious warm vanilla custard, topped by squares of poundcake. This is baked until the cake is toasted, and the custard is fluffy, it is then topped with powdered sugar. Then your waiter taps a hole in the top of it and pours in warm creme anglaise.

Just describing it makes my mouth water. and I'll be eating it in oh...17 more days...aboard the Valor. I hope they serve it New Years Eve!

• 2 weeks later...

My all time favorite was the Reuben sandwiches. Also very good, soft serve ice cream, room service BLT and chicken wrap, Lobster tail, fillet mignon, and prime rib. One of the pasta dishes was very good, I think it was fettucine with chicken and a mushroom sauce.

Disappointments were the pumpkin soup and pizza. They were both fine, but my expection was for both to be much better after reading these boards. Also the chocolate buffet didn't have anything that tempted me even though I love chocolate. They had chocolate pear cake, chocolate lemon cake, blah blah blah. I like plain ol' chocolate cake, fudge, brownies, etc...

The only real disappointment was the chateaubriand. It was terrible! Very fatty. Wayan, our waiter told us our fillet mignon and prime rib the next two nights would be much better and he was right. Boy do I miss him! LOL

Besides the pizza, I have always loved the Beef Wellington, the escargots, and the Strawberry Bisque soup. On my last cruise, I tried the new special items created by the new chef. I thought they were strange, but surprisingly good. I don't think they'll replace my favorites, though.

Sounds crazy, but I love the breads and little packets of butter :D :D :D

I limit carbs usually, so that might be part of why it tastes sooooooooo good. Also could be the gorgeous view and the idea that I have a whole week of relaxation, therefore EVERYTHING seems aweseome!

My other favorite is the water/tea on Carnivals ships. I LOVE the flavor of it and crave it after I get off the boat. Is that wierd? LOL

Miranda

• 3 weeks later...

What is this about the chocolate buffet?? I sailed on Carnival a few years ago and don't remember there being a chocolate buffet. I am going again in two weeks on the Triumph. I tried to look at the cruises listed of the people who mentioned it and no one mentioned the Triumph...is it a special thing on a certain cruise? Thanks!

Cruised March, 2005 on the Glory. My all time favorite were the Paco crusted fried oysters that were served in the afternoon. The best that I have ever had. Close second would be the sushi. Always thought I didn't like it, but once I tired it, I was hooked. I think I got addicted.

Cruising Mariner of the Seas 3/06 and hoping that they have sushi.

• 1 month later...

well i cant complane about any food that i dont have to cook or clean up after ward. but i would say that one of my favs is #21 on the room service menu... a grilled veggie sand. with fresh mozarella (spelled wrong) cheese ,posto and larger portabella mushrooms it was great for a snack.

well i cant complane about any food that i dont have to cook or clean up after ward. but i would say that one of my favs is #21 on the room service menu... a grilled veggie sand. with fresh mozarella (spelled wrong) cheese ,posto and larger portabella mushrooms it was great for a snack.

Oh yes...the focaccia sandwich! Mmmmmm...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
What kind of things can you order from Room Service, and is it free?

Room service is free and they have quite an assortment, salads, sandwiches, cookies, brownies, wraps etc...have fun

Archived