What is your favorite Carnival Cruise Food?

CruzinTamela

I don't know if I have answered this one or not. While on the Inspiration, I couldn't stop eating the strawberry cheesecake from the little cafe area that was located by the Fossil Shop. Even though there was an extra charge for it, it was quite a taste sensation.

I had a chocolate version of the tres leches cake while we were on the Carnival Paradise. This dessert was to die for. I had it at the buffet after lunch (and after dinner) :D

Delish! Can't wait for my next Carnival cruise!

• 2 months later...

Honestly there was not a meal that I tired that I didn't like or at elast find interesting and I am THE most picky eater known to man. At home I eat chicken, chicken and uhhh more chicken. But I make myself try new items each time just because!

If I HAD to choose a favorite: the strawberry bisque, lobster bisque (and I LOATHE seafood), the ceasar salads, the turkey from the deli, the melty choclate cake...oh Lord....I guess I cant just pick one! :p

Is it November yet??? :D

all the foods sound so good can anyone post a sample of the menu for the 4 day sensation do we get the prime rib and lobster tails too??

I have had lobster and PR offered on every cruise I've been on.. regardless of length of cruise... try the soups the are usually great... have had good sushi on Carnival too

Well, after reading this, I am ssooooooooooo hungry! I am dieting (see the weightloss board!) and this is NOT helping at all! :D But, I have to tell you, the prime rib was my absolute favorite! Can't wait to try it again on Conquest to see if it is as good as Destiny's! It truly does "melt in your mouth". My favorite dessert was the cherries jubilee! No seafood for me:( as I am allergic..........oh, well.....just have to eat another helping of prime rib to make up for it! hee hee heehee Didn't try the pumpking soup, but the wild mushroom is fantastic! Planning on trying it this time, as well as the flourless chocolate cake, and the grand mariner dessert! Wow...is it time to sail yet???????????? I am STARVED!

• 2 weeks later...

Pumpkin soup and a dessert, that I think was called "Bitter and blanco"? I don't know but it was a souffle, with a dark chocolate pool at the bottom, and when they served it, they punched a hole in the top of the souffle and filled it with warm, liquid vanilla-ish custard. It was sooooo good!

This sounds silly but on my first cruise we had lasagna at the buffet within the first 15 minutes of being on board :o and it was the best I've ever had. We're STILL talking about it. How pathetic are we? lol

I don't think that is weird. I love italian food, and there is nothing better than a good lasagna!

By the way, I should not have come here while dieting! I am so hungry now!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help me with this? My family just returned from a Carnival Glory cruise to the Western Carribean (Nov. 3-10, 2007) and we LOVED the White Mushroom appetizer. The mushroom caps were served in a snail plate and it tasted like there was white wine in the sauce, along with cheddar cheese and a small amount of broccoli. I am trying to find this recipe or one very similar to it. My father, who is 84 and was on the cruise with us, can't stop talking about this appetizer and I am trying to find the recipe for him.

The escargot! My dh and I can't get enough of it. Carnival has very good pizza too. Lobster comes in a close 3rd for me. I'm never real impressed with the desserts and thats a bummer as I love sweets (which is why i'm busting my butt at the gym now :D ) but I always find something yummy somewhere on the ship, so I never get off at the end of the week dissapointed.

Happy cruising :)

Barb

In response to REDDSHOME's post #28:You're gonna have to book A LOT of cruises amigo! In seven nights we barely scratched the surface of what was on the Conquest. That's why we gotta go it again!

BTW, my favorite was the lamb the first night. I know what I'm ordering the first night again!

Sus amigo,

JHC (Who still doesn't have this BB thing down too well :( )

:D I don't know what my favorite food will be, we are going on our first cruise on the Glory Dec 10th. But I am thinking I will do something like the Bar Crawl and visit each food establishment and try everything on the menu at least one time, that sounds good to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I meant to reply to. REDDSHOME is gonna have to book about a 3 month cruise! Sure sounds like fun though!

Your computer dummy fellow cruiser,

JHC:D

Just got back from the Carnival Liberty on the 18th and my fav. dessert was the caribbean choc. cake(YUMMY) Pretty much the only thing I ordered(which was alot) that I didn't like was the gand marnier souffle. Never tried a chilled soup before and liked the strawberry bisque and especially the mango cream.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I actually *didn't* much care for the pumpkin soup, the Baked Alaska, the Strawberry Soup, or the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake!

My favorites were the Grand Marnier Souffle and the pizza from the lido deck!

Also to note, it's funny that so many of the things on the beginning of this thread, in 2005, are nowhere to be seen on the menus now...just goes to show what a change in chef will do. Some of that early stuff sounds to die for!

• 1 year later...

Archived