What is your favorite Carnival Cruise Food?

CruzinTamela

Pumpkin soup and a dessert, that I think was called "Bitter and blanco"? I don't know but it was a souffle, with a dark chocolate pool at the bottom, and when they served it, they punched a hole in the top of the souffle and filled it with warm, liquid vanilla-ish custard. It was sooooo good!

I loved those two as well. I like the bitter and blanc better than the gran mariner souffle. Duck breast appetizer was very good. Best dinner entre I had on the Legend was the porkchop, followed by the norwegian salmon.

Best Lido item was the hot dog! Very big and juicy and if you time it right you can get one that just getting dark/charred on the grill. And the Mediterrean dishes on the lunch buffet lines were great.

• 2 weeks later...

got off the Glory 2 weeks ago, and the reubens and arugala w/roasted peppers and mozzarella sandwiches were to die for from the deli. loved all the fresh fruit at the buffet on lido first thing in the morning. Hot chocolate was fantastic had 2 cups every morning. was not impressed with the fish and chips. the vanilla bread pudding was very good, and the hot dogs, and oh my word-come to think of it there was not much that did not appeal to me. Darn I am going through withdrawal again, and I was just getting better.

So far the 2 faves are pumpkin soup and lobster tails. Cold soup and long ago frozen, tough bitter iodiny lobster tails, eeeyeww, no wonder Micky D's makes money. And some also liked the garden slugs or escargot, another Yuk. Just melt some butter with smashed garlic and dip bread in it, same taste and you don't have to eat the slugs, retch.

Just kidding [except for the lobster, eat some fresh steamed lobster and you will never touch that frozen broiled stuff again]

How come nobody mentioned the "secret" all chocolate buffet? Just finding it is great and watching the "feeding frenzy" [after I got mine] is much fun..

My faves are, in no particular order: Dining room food, buffet food, pizza and SALAD bar food and "Ruin Sorbies" :D:D

I know the aboves is a really old post, but heck it is FUNNY! I burst out laughing twice before I was done reading it. TFS Dan

Kathy in northern Maine

1st cruise will be in Nov.

What does escargot taste like? What can you compare it to???

I know soiome will sat try it but i'm the gal who gags when i watch people eating bugs or gross stuff on tv- seriously so i cant even attempt trying it

I know soiome will sat try it but i'm the gal who gags when i watch people eating bugs or gross stuff on tv- seriously so i cant even attempt trying it

Now I'm the first to admit that if I was a survivor contest, I would be the first to drop out of the game over having to eat BUGS. UGHH! Love chocolate but chocolate covered ants is out of the question for me.

Now let me tell you about escargot. To me they tastes like mushrooms and have the texture of mushroom. As long as I don't think about what they are the are totally deliscious! I ask for another plate when I finish the first set. I can only say give it a try. Think mushrooms when you pop one in your mouth. Be brave.

Kathy in northern Maine

Escargot [SLIMEY SNAILS] comes swimming in melted butter and garlic. What you do is take some dense bodied crispy crusted, Italian bread and dip it in the garlic butter.

It is delicious............................Oh, I almost forgot, throw that dam garden pest away. Just eat the bread.:D

My favorite food on the mdr was the lobster and prime rib. I thought it was comparable to something from Red Lobster and Outback. In fact, I thought the prime rib in Carnival Liberty was better then Outback.

I also thought the pizza was out of this world. I read previews review, so I wasnt sure if its good or bad. The crust is soooo gooooood.

My favorite dessert is the Grand Marnier souffle. For the most part, I didn't enjoy dessert that much, because I was too full from eating two appetizer or two main entrees. :D

Cream of Zucchini Soup, yum

Grand Marnier Souffle, to die for

Lobster, lobster and more lobster

I try to stick with Spa Carnival choices except for a fewwww exceptions.

Kathy

I'm about to take my sixth Carnival cruise, the Fantasy out of Mobile Nov 10th

Archived