recycling clothing among cc members (part two)

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to let you know your item is packed and will be shipping today. I apologize for the delay [emoji51].

Have a fantastic day

Marie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh good, just got back from 3 weeks on a cruise and didn't have your package.

thank you,

I didn't receive an email from you confirming the dress, hope you meant me as well.

iliana

I am always intrigued by the beautiful dresses you post as well as those of yourself in them. I have a question to ask you about purchasing bras, which I absolutely hate and have a hard time with the fitting of the same. I am a 34 DDD. I have gone to specialty stores, been measured and purchased some before, only to be unsatisfied by the look and feel afterwards. Can you recommend any specific bras that you have purchased in the past that you really like and maybe I can look to see if I can purchase that type somewhere here in Canada. Shopping for bras is my least favourite thing and I often thought about a breast reduction so that I could purchase really cute bras that are commonly found in the local intimate apparel shops. Thanks for any advice on this topic and I apologize if this question is out of line on this board.

I buy my bras at this place http://www.wizardofbras.com/.

My are a bit shaggy, so It's depends on the dress, most of the time I use Kim Kardashian's trick by tapping them.

Oh good, just got back from 3 weeks on a cruise and didn't have your package.

thank you,

I didn't receive an email from you confirming the dress, hope you meant me as well.

iliana

I was in France then spent 10 days in Las Vegas with some friends from Canada. I'm running a bit behind, the FedEx is picking up our luggage in a few days.

M

Happy Sunday ladies,

I am packing for our upcoming cruise. I was going to take them with me, but I changed my mind. I wore them one in Las Vegas las year.

They are Dianne Von Fursternberg size M

277154824d40e54cceea450439c8f946.jpgb9032287d3d8891a72859a4517a62f4d.jpg

I couldn't find a picture for this dress, it's similar to the picture 6339cf66640bbeee2a9b95005edead5e.jpgbf28962a2460d24d47165fb2428710fb.jpg

rossm747 at yahoo dot com

Have a fantastic day

M

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I lost my beloved swim bottom on our cruise. (and yes, I checked with the staff in the spa, the towel check out, Guest Services, etc. multiple times just in case anyone turned it in ... no luck) Hopefully someone who can use it found it!

Anyway .... I need to replace it and just saw that they are around $50 on the LandsEnd web site.

It's a long shot, but I thought I'd check here before ordering one ... I want BLACK, basic swim bottom, not a skirt or shorts. I think the one I had was listed as 'high waisted, high cut' ... but basically it just looked like a pair of 'granny panties' (but didn't really show except the very bottom part under a Tankini top.) It came about to my belly button, not 'hipster' style but not up to my rib cage either. I don't care for the 'ultra high waisted' swim bottom they are also showing on their site.

I think mine was a size 16, but I have no doubt an 18 would work as well ... i have more tummy, hips, butt than I like to admit on a message board, but no sense in trying to deny it when getting the size suit i need depends on it.

I prefer LandsEnd because of the extra heavy quality fabric ... but would consider other 'good heavy' fabric options as well.

Anyway, if anyone has one available, please let me know. THANKS!

Edited by Cro_and_Swan

Cro and Swan, I don't have one to give away but do know that Venus.com is having a great sale on their swimwear and they carry the style that you are describing. (They are the same kind that I wear because I to have more but, and hips and waist then I want to admit).

Good luck in your endeavor to find a new one,

Gerry

I lost my beloved swim bottom on our cruise. (and yes, I checked with the staff in the spa, the towel check out, Guest Services, etc. multiple times just in case anyone turned it in ... no luck) Hopefully someone who can use it found it!

Anyway .... I need to replace it and just saw that they are around $50 on the LandsEnd web site.

It's a long shot, but I thought I'd check here before ordering one ... I want BLACK, basic swim bottom, not a skirt or shorts. I think the one I had was listed as 'high waisted, high cut' ... but basically it just looked like a pair of 'granny panties' (but didn't really show except the very bottom part under a Tankini top.) It came about to my belly button, not 'hipster' style but not up to my rib cage either. I don't care for the 'ultra high waisted' swim bottom they are also showing on their site.

I think mine was a size 16, but I have no doubt an 18 would work as well ... i have more tummy, hips, butt than I like to admit on a message board, but no sense in trying to deny it when getting the size suit i need depends on it.

I prefer LandsEnd because of the extra heavy quality fabric ... but would consider other 'good heavy' fabric options as well.

Anyway, if anyone has one available, please let me know. THANKS!

If you can't find what you are looking for, I have an extra pair of black "tap dance" swim shorts with the built-in panties. I'm pretty sure they are a size 18. No charge; just pay the shipping. pcurri at yahoo dot com

1881851616_Swimshorts.jpg.59f211e8ea4e599d8f8e590265cd33a8.jpg

Edited by pcur

• 1 month later...

Ladies,

I used to read this thread all the time! I totally forgot about it!!

I am planning a trip to Las Vegas to see Jennifer Lopez. I was thinking what am I going to wear?

I started searching the internet then I remembered this thread!!!

I am looking to see if anyone has a short sequined semi flashy dress.

I am normally pretty conservative but I feel like if I am going to see JLO I can be a bit flashy! :D

Maybe even a bustier?

I wear an 8/10

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry of the long winded post.

Lucky you Palmfan on your upcoming Vegas and JLO trip. Wished I could help with the dress, but I don't have one. Have you tried ebay and poshmark? I am new to poshmark and recently bought a beautiful new beaded blouse for a young lady for her prom. It was not a cheap blouse (original cost) still with the tags and I got it for super cheap. She is a friend of a friend's daughter who can't really afford her prom things so some of us are getting stuff for her and a few others. Now I just need to find the skirt. It's really kind of odd shopping for a teenager who has a completely different idea of what a party dress is. : ) We don't have kids so it's a challenge when you are given some ideas and then go shopping for them. Still trying to wrap my head around what the younger generation likes.

Sorry I got off track, but I love shopping even though I don't really buy that much. Window shopping? ; ) This was my first poshmark purchase and I was concerned of how it would work out. It went perfect. I think I read poshmark has no returns. Double check on that if you want to buy something from there. Also, I don't think they have a rating system if you have problems. Not really sure how that is handled. After my purchase went smoothly I contacted the seller to see how I could leave a positive review and she misunderstood my question so I just commented on the ask/answer area of the listing. There is no bidding. They have a listed price and you can put in a lower offer if you like.

If others are familiar with poshmark can you please give me some feedback/info?

Also, I was in TJMaxx the other day and they have some Jovani gowns for about 100.00 + -. There were also a couple of Terani gowns for I think about 200.00. They had some short party/evening dresses also, but I don't remember if there were any like the one you are looking for. Not all of these would only be for prom. There were some elegant gowns also. For anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale area this is the TJMAXX on Pembroke Pines not far from Flamingo. Good luck on your search.

• 3 weeks later...
Ladies,

I used to read this thread all the time! I totally forgot about it!!

I am planning a trip to Las Vegas to see Jennifer Lopez. I was thinking what am I going to wear?

I started searching the internet then I remembered this thread!!!

I am looking to see if anyone has a short sequined semi flashy dress.

I am normally pretty conservative but I feel like if I am going to see JLO I can be a bit flashy! :D

Maybe even a bustier?

I wear an 8/10

Did you ever find a dress like you wanted? If so you should post a picture. There is also a sewing thread on here that I just found. Not sure if you sew, but I am going to learn to sew better so I can make some nice gowns (hopefully). :D

Hope you had a great time if the concert has already happened.

Where did everyone go? I think this thread is on a sleeping mode when I'm not here [emoji51].

Anyway, I'm back from the cruise. It was an amazing cruise. However, while hiking in the jungle in the Amazon I got bite by the mosquito. A day later I had a high fever. Three days later my whole body covered with rash. After the blood test the CDC confirmed that I Zika. The fever last three days, the rash last three days. Zika is not contagious, because not too many people know about it, and because they didn't want any panic so they quarantined me for 10 days. Finally they let me out a day before we debarking.

I'm finally finished unpacking. I will try to post some dresses later.

M

Edited by Porthopper101

Marie, I followed your adventures and saw your lucious wardrobe. I'm glad you have recovered from Zika and are back on the thread. I just wish I were as petite as you. My size 10-12 bottom and 14-16 top will never fit into your beautiful gowns. However I thoroughly enjoy seeing you in them.

Margaret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marie We have all heard the risk but haven't seen many stories about anyone contracting this while cruising. Thank you for sharing your story. I am happy to hear you are now recovered. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a Tadashi gown size 10 I would like to trade. I don't have a picture of it since I need to unpack it. It's black mesh/tulle over nude lining. Looking for a gold Tadashi gown if one is available. :D I will get a picture up when I get back on the 29th.

Here it is on Neiman Marcus.

Tadashi Portrait-Neck Tulle Gown

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Tadashi-Portrait-Neck-Tulle-Gown-Evening/prod135460013/p.prod

Edited by ReneeFLL