recycling clothing among cc members (part two)

On 1/3/2019 at 7:40 AM, pacruise804 said:

Thrift stores sometimes have great finds too, if nothing shows up here by the time of your cruise.  

Mine here are not good but I do shop Mercari and Poshmark sometimes and Amazon has some affordable options as well if all else fails. I have had a few bad experiences buying from Poshmark and Mercari, so I might prefer something affordable off of Amazon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oyme said:

Mine here are not good but I do shop Mercari and Poshmark sometimes and Amazon has some affordable options as well if all else fails. I have had a few bad experiences buying from Poshmark and Mercari, so I might prefer something affordable off of Amazon.

Avoid ThredUp as well ---- colors are not as described, sizes are off & it's a hassle to try & return things --- tried them twice but never again.

56 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Avoid ThredUp as well ---- colors are not as described, sizes are off & it's a hassle to try & return things --- tried them twice but never again.

Agreed, ThredUp is horrible both selling and buying, I've done both but never again. I bought a polka dotted dress when it arrived it was not polka dots it was a bunch of emlems from a game called Overwatch, which I'd never heard of. In the photos it looked like it could be polka dots but in person it was this odd design. They described it as polka dots. Also had this huge flaw on the back from a mis-print of those overwatch symbols (my 13 year old told me it was the logo for overwatch, a game) smearing. It was lovely. I had issues with wrong descriptions (wrong sizing) on 2 pair of baby pants and a pair of jeans for myself. So yeah, I finally give them no more chances. When you sell the give you like 75 cents if it's a regular brand like Old Navy, and that's only if it sells, lol. I think the most profit I made on a single item was maybe $3 yet they sold it for like $20ish give or take.

Haha I am pretty passionate about my loathing of ThredUp.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

Has anyone heard from Marie?  She used to post here quite a bit.

I was just thinking of her the other day!  I don't think she has posted in a while.  I hope all is well with Marie and everyone else.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:17 AM, Buffett fan said:

I was just thinking of her the other day!  I don't think she has posted in a while.  I hope all is well with Marie and everyone else.

I also think about her occasionally. Hoping she is back to fantastic long cruises. Would love to hear about them.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2022 at 11:52 AM, ReneeFLL said:

I also think about her occasionally. Hoping she is back to fantastic long cruises. Would love to hear about them.

I literally came in here hoping she might have posted. I haven’t been on this site in months and first week back I thought it would be fun to read about what she’s been up to. I enjoyed her posts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Victory! said:

I literally came in here hoping she might have posted. I haven’t been on this site in months and first week back I thought it would be fun to read about what she’s been up to. I enjoyed her posts.

I hope her and her family are ok and are still having a blast traveling.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It’s been AGES since I’ve been around here.😕

3CC3C12A-B889-4BF3-82E0-4F6443A4C65B.thumb.jpeg.247c4ed5b09e9a6365760881e13dcfe6.jpeg

I recently got to wear this delicious dress from Marie.

7FA99C3C-E794-45B9-8096-D59FEF186826.thumb.jpeg.d3e5030bdba0107548c6f4118d5ae957.jpeg

We went to the Belmont Stakes in New York last June.

Then we had some fun in NYC.616E7A98-3E0C-4DA9-AB18-83F8EE2E0EC9.thumb.jpeg.78338608bc6065b9474916b9793e9e40.jpeg

Marie and I went to the Belmont Stakes in New York…didn’t win anything.😕

7FA99C3C-E794-45B9-8096-D59FEF186826.thumb.jpeg.d3e5030bdba0107548c6f4118d5ae957.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iheartbda said:

It’s been AGES since I’ve been around here.😕

3CC3C12A-B889-4BF3-82E0-4F6443A4C65B.thumb.jpeg.247c4ed5b09e9a6365760881e13dcfe6.jpeg

I recently got to wear this delicious dress from Marie.

We went to the Belmont Stakes in New York last June.

Then we had some fun in NYC.616E7A98-3E0C-4DA9-AB18-83F8EE2E0EC9.thumb.jpeg.78338608bc6065b9474916b9793e9e40.jpeg

Marie and I went to the Belmont Stakes in New York…didn’t win anything.😕

Beautiful photos of you two. Looks like you all had fun. Have you started cruising again? Hope you and Marie are doing well.

Edited by ReneeFLL

It’s been so long that I don’t know how to navigate the new CC.

Anyway, I’ve done a number of cruises before the lockdown. On one cruise I met the manger for Beverage and Food who I met YEARS ago when he was just a matre’d  and he sort of remembered me. He then comped us two specialty dinners and a lunch. It pays to be nice.🙂

Have not cruised since things opened up again because I’ve been dealing with a major health crisis.☹️

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, iheartbda said:

It’s been so long that I don’t know how to navigate the new CC.

Anyway, I’ve done a number of cruises before the lockdown. On one cruise I met the manger for Beverage and Food who I met YEARS ago when he was just a matre’d  and he sort of remembered me. He then comped us two specialty dinners and a lunch. It pays to be nice.🙂

Have not cruised since things opened up again because I’ve been dealing with a major health crisis.☹️

That’s cool that he remembered you and great to see people move up in their jobs. Sorry to hear about your health crisis and hopefully it gets fixed soon. Stay strong.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, iheartbda said:

New to the thread so I don't know you yet but best of luck. Hoping for the best.

We sail Saturday on CCL Panorama. I got the 72styles Infinity Dress with Bandeau, Convertible Twist Wrap Dress in dark purple. My daughter has this super cute purple dress that she was gifted. I thought her purple dress would look adorable for formal night. I wanted something to match her dress. It's a pretty close match. It'll be DD's 1st cruise. So it'll be extra fun to get her first formal night photos taken.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

My experience with the 72styles dress I mentioned was as follows... Meh. LOL. I wore it for photos but wasn't 100% confident that I wouldn't have a wardrobe malfunction. The tube top it comes with kept rolling down. Before we left our cabin, I used safety pins and had on a cute lace bralette under just in case. After our photos I still felt more comfortable changing into a different outfit for me to eat dinner in (still nice attire). I had concerns earlier before boarding about the dress so I'd luckily brought a nice pant suit to eat dinner in. Our family formal photos turned out really cute, though! That's honestly all I really wanted was to match my daughters dress for the photos. Also, the print quality (with resolution) was awesome buying the digital photos through Carnival and printing with Costco. I'm sure there's nicer options for print quality but I was still quite happy with the prints. If anyone is interested in the dress I'd consider letting someone borrow it, I'd be nervous I might not get it back though but also I've had trouble with selling stuff online anyhow. I think my husband wants me to save it BUT I hate recycling my special occasion outfits. A look is a look, am I right?!

• 4 months later...
On 6/3/2022 at 8:52 AM, ReneeFLL said:

I also think about her occasionally. Hoping she is back to fantastic long cruis

On 6/1/2022 at 7:17 AM, Buffett fan said:

Hello Ladies! 

On 6/1/2022 at 7:17 AM, Buffett fan said:

I was just thinking of her the other day!  I I don't think she has posted in a while. I hope all is well with Marie and everyone else.

Hello Ladies!

OMG! I have not been here in a very long time. Perhaps seven or eight years. My husband and I did two 180 days of world cruises on the Insignia. We did a lot of land trips to China, Nepal, and India with a group of friends. My father passed away in June 2020 then my mother last July. And my husband last September.  I'm heartbroken and not sure if I want to go on a cruise without him. I miss him so much. I'm now going back and forth between Lyon, France, and Cali. I'm lost and lonely at our house in Cali. 

I hope you ladies are doing well. Once I figured how to navigate with this page I will post some beautiful dress and growns for you. Until then, take care ladies. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Manneross101 said:

Hello Ladies!

OMG! I have not been here in a very long time. Perhaps seven or eight years. My husband and I did two 180 days of world cruises on the Insignia. We did a lot of land trips to China, Nepal, and India with a group of friends. My father passed away in June 2020 then my mother last July. And my husband last September.  I'm heartbroken and not sure if I want to go on a cruise without him. I miss him so much. I'm now going back and forth between Lyon, France, and Cali. I'm lost and lonely at our house in Cali. 

I hope you ladies are doing well. Once I figured how to navigate with this page I will post some beautiful dress and growns for you. Until then, take care, ladies. 

Marie

I couldn't remember Porthopper's password. So this is my new username. Manneross101

Edited by Manneross101

Hi Marie,

First let me start off by saying I'm so happy to hear from you. Secondly, I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband and parents. Such a great loss in such a short time. It's wonderful you were able to do more traveling since you were on here last time and make even more happy memories. 

4 hours ago, Manneross101 said:

Marie

i am so sorry for the losses you experienced.  I hope all your blessed memories will help you through this timevof sorrow.  Be well and gove yourself time to heal.

robin

10 hours ago, Manneross101 said:

Marie, I am so very sorry to hear of all your losses, but especially your wonderful husband! 

I think of you often, especially on your birthday as it is exactly one week before mine. Last week I sent C something funny and commented that it was a story you would probably enjoy.

A big hug from Burm

So very sorry to hear about your heartbreaking losses - stay strong and be gentle with yourself - hoping you find comfort and strength and can continue to travel and do whatever makes you happy!  Hugs to you!   Froufie

Marie, I am absolutely heartbroken for the loss of your parents and especially Ken. I have such good memories of spending time with both of you in Las Vegas and NYC. He was so easy to get to know and he and Greg really got along in NYC.

I am just at a loss for words right now trying to process this devastating news. Now I understand some things.

KK and MLTY.❤️

Omg Marie, I am so sorry to hear about your loss of your parents and your dearly beloved Ken. It’s always hard to lose your parents but I can never imagine kissing your husband. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and just know if you need anything at anytime I am only a phone call away!

🥰🥰🥰❤️🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻