Just booked Splendour

brcris75

We were just on the Splendour in February and being our first cruise had nothing to compare it to. I think it is an older ship but it is well maintained - everything was beautiful. I don't know what else to tell you - do you have any specific questions in mind......ship has two pools, rock climbing wall, mini golf. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You will enjoy it!!

We have sailed Splendour twice most recently this past April. She is a bit older, but still in great shape. The Vision class ships are my personal favorite, so no complaints here. Food was very good, crew was very friendly and helpful. Like the previous poster said , if you have specific questions, I will try to answer.

I was on the Splendour this summer in the Med. I could not believe on the Splendour how it never seemed crowded anywhere (that's a good thing by the way :D ) The ship was full, but everywhere we went, we wondered where everyone was. It's a nice ship though. Hope you have a great time.

Thanks so much for all the nice input! Some more questions:

Did anyone of you have any experience with the kids program? Our soon to be 9 year old loved the Camp Carnival program. I wonder how it compares.

What kind of hours are the pools open?

Does anyone have copies of the menus?

knothead: Our cabin is in the front too. (Deck 6) This is a first for us, always been middle to back, so I was worried about motion. I know it will depend on the weather, etc. too but did you have a lot of motion, or mostly the creaking noises?

Thanks so much! It's great to get your info from people who know first hand!

Hi brcris75,

Can't be too much help with your questions . We are not big users of the pool, but it seemed that the pools and hottubs were open from early morning til early evening at least--not sure about after dark. Sorry no menus, but the lamb chops I remember were superb!! Most of the meals were more than good, I would say. Also, no kids in Adventure Ocean, but from reading on these boards, most parents have to drag their children out of the program because the kids just don't want to leave! If you do a search on the kids' program (AdventureOcean), you will find tons of info. Sorry I can't be more specific. Have a wonderful time!!!

We were on Splendour this past Feb. with our 2 daughters 6 and 9, we had to beg them to spend time with us as they always wanted to be in adventure ocean club! They had lots of fun activities for them, they had a talent show, parades, movies, all sorts of crafts. Im not sure on carnival if they take them swimming but they didnt on Splendour. They didnt care though, you can also sign them up to have breakfast and lunch , dinner with the staff. They cant wait until our next cruise in june 06!

Just returned from the Med where we sailed on the Splendour of the Seas. Like everyone else has said the ship is a little dated. However, the crew was great, facilities clean and the only time the ship seemed to be crowded was on the pool deck on our day at sea. We were on deck 6 towards the back - our only complaint was the noisy neighbors next door who loved slamming things! A few things...the pool and hot tubs are scheduled to be open 24/7., however, around 12am or so they were occasionally closed for cleaning. Also, we were somewhat disappointed that there was no specialty restaurant aboard as well as that the minature golf course was kind of cheesy - however, these are very small factors. The food, crew and activities were great!

Beautiful ship, wonderful food and entertainment. IF you go to www.randalize.com our cruise pictures are out there.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi I'm just preparing for my first cruise ever and happened to read another report on the Splendour that went on and on about how terrible the food was! So I was glad to see this post!

Not knowing anything at all about anything - the person mentioned several dining areas and then rated them. My husband loves food! lol So I am wonderng if you have any suggestions for the best?

Also - my documents say Dining Seating Main - do you know what this means??

Thanks for any input - my cruise is in less than two weeks and we just found out we were going two weeks ago so you can imagine I'm going nuts!

Hi I'm just preparing for my first cruise ever and happened to read another report on the Splendour that went on and on about how terrible the food was! So I was glad to see this post!

Not knowing anything at all about anything - the person mentioned several dining areas and then rated them. My husband loves food! lol So I am wonderng if you have any suggestions for the best?

Also - my documents say Dining Seating Main - do you know what this means??

Thanks for any input - my cruise is in less than two weeks and we just found out we were going two weeks ago so you can imagine I'm going nuts!

Safari Woman - as far as the food - we didn't have any complaints. The food in the dining room was really good and we even had dinner in the Windjammer one or two nights and for a buffet it was okay. If you have breakfast in the WJ just keep in mind that there are eggs on the buffet but they also have an egg station where they will make you whatever you want...as this was also my first cruise I didn't find it til mid way thru the cruise. You will not go hungy. I would think that your Dining Seating Main would mean that you are eating at the 6:00 seating - if this doesn't suit you there is a possibility that you could get changed to the late seating at 8:30 but you should do that right away. The best thing is just to go and have a great relaxing time ~ enjoy your cruise.

I sailed on Splendour in April 2005. I wasn't expecting that much from the ship since I knew it was older, but it was gorgeous! The food was great, and if Graham Seymour is still the Cruise Director, you're in for a treat! That man could've been the entertainment every evening and I would've been perfectly happy.

We did the Splendour Transatlantic in Nov 2003 and have it booked again for 2006 Venice to Galveston. No complaints - we thought the food was fine and the ship was in good shape. Our favorite is the Radiance class but we were happy with the Splendour ( and the Grandeur and the Rhapsody!)

Archived