Tell me it is Not So

Seeking advise. Looking forward to boarding Freedom in September. On our only cruise 5 years ago enjoyed ice tea, cokes paid for in the fridge and morning coffee, as well as 2 days of beers and cocktails while at sea. Not heavy drinkers, however bar tab was about $300.00. Zip forward to 2015 my gut is with changes of which I have been reading online with increased drink prices, should we be taking a hard look at a drink package of sort. Thank you for your advice.

Some things that might help your decision: Iced tea and morning coffee are still complimentary. Cokes in the fridge are not included in any beverage package.

Seeking advise. Looking forward to boarding Freedom in September. On our only cruise 5 years ago enjoyed ice tea, cokes paid for in the fridge and morning coffee, as well as 2 days of beers and cocktails while at sea. Not heavy drinkers, however bar tab was about $300.00. Zip forward to 2015 my gut is with changes of which I have been reading online with increased drink prices, should we be taking a hard look at a drink package of sort. Thank you for your advice.

Was the bill $300 between 2 of you? Or more? If it was between 2 of you, I'm guessing at roughly 1 or 2 cocktails a day each (1 some days, 2 on others) on a 7 day cruise. The cost of the drinks package that includes cocktails wouldn't make it worth it for you, IMO.

If you particularly like soft drinks or bottled water or espresso based coffees, one of the 3 non-alcoholic packages may be worth it for you (I'm a particular fan of the Royal Replenish, which includes soft drinks, bottled water, virgin frozen cocktails, espresso based coffees and fresh OJ).