Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Thanks for great review so far. Our first ever cruise will be on the Eclipse in 4 weeks. Excitement is building!

Wow , you picked a great cruise with a excellent itinerary ! We are going to Iceland and Norway in September - so have a great time . I still feel like I'm on London time being back just less than a week . Stay tuned as I'll be putting up some ship photos soon . ;)

Funny, DH just mentioned yesterday that we should think about another Disney cruise. I have a tendency to hit "book" pretty quickly when he says he wants to go on another trip! :D

Great call hubby , it's a small world after all ! :) :D

Thanks Mic . you're too kind . Maybe boring was a poor choice of words . How about drab ? When the light gets better , the pictures usually do . :) :D

How about 'interesting', especially for those of us who haven't sailed out of Miami as yet. i like the contrast of the greys and blues in the sky and the greens and blues of the water.

A TA is on the bucket list for us so I'm really loving reading your review. Could you please tell me when the TA schedule is usually released? I've read that some sell out very quickly - would that be because of the itinerary or are people booking for their fav ship? Thank you.

I'm loving your review..thanks so much for sharing it along with great pictures. Like you the Eclipse will be my first trip on an S class ship and I can't wait to experience it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks , as a S class newbie , I'm gonna write as to other newbies , OK ?

Enjoying your pictorial review! Thanks for sharing with all of us. :)

You're welcome :cool:

Enjoying your pictures. We were on the Eclipse May 9th sailing to the Norwegian Fjords. Thank you for delivering the ship to Southampton safely and in fine shape.

You're welcome . We had a little trouble with the crew at first , but we whipped them into shape . :rolleyes:

We had requested a table for 2 , early dinner , in the main dining room (MDR) but we were not thrilled with the location and lackluster service on the first night . So we requested , and were granted a change - so much better . This menu was on the left side and available every night in the MDR .

f84b2a02-f88f-4074-a056-213a8d14f8ec_zps5lrex0ny.jpg

And this is the 1st night's menu on the right side .

e383b4b0-d57f-49d4-aff9-2331655d26db_zpszk2ppfy8.jpg

We did enjoy the food , but didn't photograph it .

The breakfast menu in the MDR stayed pretty much the same .

2000fa1a-fc08-46d2-ad99-188accc140de_zps4opyvmwp.jpg

669bd4d0-751d-426a-8957-3053ab484de9_zpsczmvymfc.jpg

We slept well in the calm sea and got up for a early breakfast in the MDR . And we were rewarded with a nice window seat .

DSC02212_zpsbq0xe1ve.jpg

Thank you for posting the menus! It's 9 a.m. here as I read this at my desk, having just consumed some yogurt and dried fruit for breakfast -- so I'm really hungry now for made to order omelets....

Well, just about anything that isn't at my desk!

JoAnn

Looking forward to doing a TA soon. Enjoying your pictures

Thanks Tom .

QUOTE=Jane2357;46677570]A TA is on the bucket list for us so I'm really loving reading your review. Could you please tell me when the TA schedule is usually released? I've read that some sell out very quickly - would that be because of the itinerary or are people booking for their fav ship? Thank you.[/quote

I don't know , we check cruises almost daily until we see what we like . I think that both of your answers apply . And price sometimes , like our first TA . We booked 2 TA's for this year ( A double crossing ) . The Princess one in September sold out sooner ( and cost more ) because of the itinerary ( Iceland , Norway ) . We booked the Celebrity one later with better cabin , newer ship and better price . We bought our airline tickets later using one round trip ticket per person . :) :D

Thank you for posting the menus! It's 9 a.m. here as I read this at my desk, having just consumed some yogurt and dried fruit for breakfast -- so I'm really hungry now for made to order omelets....

Well, just about anything that isn't at my desk!

JoAnn

Would you settle for Eggs Benedict ?

I guess we're odd , but we tend lose weight on a cruise . We walk the stairs and eat usually in the MDR . It seem's that we eat less when we eat slower with time between courses . If we get a full plate we wolf it down and feel stuffed . So slow and easy works for us . Anyhow we really liked their baked apple .

DSC02214_zps657ephz8.jpg

And like an Imperial Faberge Egg - it has a surprise in the center .

DSC02216_zpsndiwimsp.jpg

Nuts , raisins and cinnamon . Very good and good for you .

And now - the Eggs Benedict . We took our family on a cruise and our oldest grandson fell in love with these . So as an homage to him , I always try them at the first breakfast .

DSC02217_zpsctlnfyv4.jpg

Very tasty :) :D

You two are looking great! So looking forward to seeing you two again.

You may also notice that we like food and photography . Maybe we should we should be called Hungryshutterbugx2 in the future . :) :D

You two are looking great! So looking forward to seeing you two again.

You may also notice that we like food and photography . Maybe we should we should be called Hungryshutterbugx2 in the future . :) :D

Us too ! TA , Russia and London were great , but Patty got sick in St. Petersburg ( prompting a trip to the doctor there ) , but that's another story . So looking forward to our TA in September ! :) :D

another story[/i] .

Wow! Hope that worked out OK. I thought it was scary enough having to go to the ship's Dr on our recent Independence of the Seas cruise when the attack lounger on our balcony decided to rip my toenail off! :eek:

Patty, hope you were able to get back to good health and enjoy the rest of the cruise!

Edited by perfect match

Wow! Hope that worked out OK. I thought it was scary enough having to go to the ship's Dr on our recent Independence of the Seas cruise when the attack lounger on our balcony decided to rip my toenail off! :eek:

Patty, hope you were able to get back to good health and enjoy the rest of the cruise!

Yikes , that sounds painful ! :eek: Getting sick or injured on vacation isn't usually a good thing . We both got sick at the end of the cruise , but Pat's was worse . She really felt it while descending on our flight post cruise when she couldn't equalize . It was an inner ear infection requiring antibiotics and some other meds but after 2 days she felt much better .

Yikes , that sounds painful ! :eek: Getting sick or injured on vacation isn't usually a good thing . We both got sick at the end of the cruise , but Pat's was worse . She really felt it while descending on our flight post cruise when she couldn't equalize . It was an inner ear infection requiring antibiotics and some other meds but after 2 days she felt much better .

Glad Pat has recovered, I remember having an ear infection when I was 15 and it took nearly a week before I could hear properly again and have no pain.

Oh , I forgot to mention . There was gridlock at the MDR at early dinner opening time . It sometimes blocks the stairs and elevators on the lower level . We chose to wait until 6:15 when the traffic jamb had cleared .

After our breakfast we wanted to take the camera for a walk to explore the outside .

Interesting skies and calm seas

IMG_4990_zpspcrm0x1g.jpg

Outside of the Fitness Center

IMG_5003_zps1vjdfp9s.jpg

Outdoor pool

IMG_4977_zpssng291qf.jpg

A bridge crosses the pool

IMG_5019_zpsmqmnoieq.jpg

Interesting chair

IMG_5017_zpsoqk5ohof.jpg

025fbeca-3f34-4f41-acd6-7b130003ceeb_zpsb0ijyp7m.jpg

We had received our invite for the Cruise Critic meet and great , so we went down to Sky Lounge to locate it after leaving the deck .

IMG_4995_zpsuoi9dbwg.jpg

IMG_4997_zpsbabckqbp.jpg

IMG_4999_zpsxxietodc.jpg

One of our favorite lunches on the CB Princess is at the Crowne Grill on sea days featuring British Pub food . We had seen something on the back of our Celebrity Today hand out . At the Passport Bar at lunch time they were to serve "British Pub Fayre" . Well it sounded good to us , so we checked it out on the way to the CC M & G . The bartender informed us that it was something new and it had not began yet and to check back later . He did give us a menu , suitable for framing .

a0774a1f-dbd4-48ad-9bca-ffd1bab3d810_zps6b5ej8sh.jpg

The pub food on the CB is free , but the prices here seemed fair . At the get together we had wanted to place some faces with the names and meet some folks that we had booked some privates tours with . With that mission completed we headed off to the next one - lunch at the MDR .

IMG_5054_zpscygphiso.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Passport bar is one of my favourites as it tends to be quieter just before dinner, interesting that they are now doing the pub lunches there, I thought they were bringing in the Gastro pub concept instead of cellar masters (which tends to be always empty and wasted).:D

One of our favorite lunches on the CB Princess is at the Crowne Grill on sea days featuring British Pub food . We had seen something on the back of our Celebrity Today hand out . At the Passport Bar at lunch time they were to serve "British Pub Fayre" . Well it sounded good to us , so we checked it out on the way to the CC M & G . The bartender informed us that it was something new and it had not began yet and to check back later . He did give us a menu , suitable for framing .

a0774a1f-dbd4-48ad-9bca-ffd1bab3d810_zps6b5ej8sh.jpg

The pub food on the CB is free , but the prices here seemed fair . At the get together we had wanted to place some faces with the names and meet some folks that we had booked some privates tours with . With that mission completed we headed off to the next one - lunch at the MDR .

IMG_5054_zpscygphiso.jpg

Why would someone pay $8 for a burger when they are free in the MDR, OceanView Cafe, and Grill on deck 14? Someone mentioned in another post that the bugers were $12. Lets get serious!!!

Celebrity is really trying to bilk us in every way. I know we don't have to buy it if we don't want too. But it is just the principle that they are constantly trying to get more money from us.

Past 2 months the tips and pkgs increased. Wait, it will be something else very soon.

On the Equinox the Pub was a total failure. So, they are trying a different approach. LOL

Passport bar is one of my favourites as it tends to be quieter just before dinner, interesting that they are now doing the pub lunches there, I thought they were bringing in the Gastro pub concept instead of cellar masters (which tends to be always empty and wasted).:D

They changed out Cellarmasters for Gastro Bar on Equinox to trial it, but it also did not do as well as expected. And if you believe all you read (on CC no less) seems Celebrity decided their wine experience was important so left CellarMasters intact and instead deployed the concept in Passport Bar.

Not sure how the 'at special time' theme will work but time will tell!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk