Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

They changed out Cellarmasters for Gastro Bar on Equinox to trial it, but it also did not do as well as expected. And if you believe all you read (on CC no less) seems Celebrity decided their wine experience was important so left CellarMasters intact and instead deployed the concept in Passport Bar.

Not sure how the 'at special time' theme will work but time will tell!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers for that, I am on the Solstice again at the end of the year so can find out if anything has changed for the better then.:D

Why would someone pay $8 for a burger when they are free in the MDR, OceanView Cafe, and Grill on deck 14? Someone mentioned in another post that the bugers were $12. Lets get serious!!!

Celebrity is really trying to bilk us in every way. I know we don't have to buy it if we don't want too. But it is just the principle that they are constantly trying to get more money from us.

Past 2 months the tips and pkgs increased. Wait, it will be something else very soon.

On the Equinox the Pub was a total failure. So, they are trying a different approach. LOL

At least on Princess it is still free, but hey, this is life and there are always things that will be free or cheaper but people still buy it for one reason or another. If people want the burgers and don't want to pay then they can go elsewhere like you said.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Cheers for that, I am on the Solstice again at the end of the year so can find out if anything has changed for the better then.:D

Lol. Not sure if the Gastrobar/passport bar had been fitted out differently...Solstice is getting her refurb in Oct '16 so will likely get the new GB concept then. If just a concept and menu then expect you will be posting all about your impressions after your cruise [emoji3]

Lol. Not sure if the Gastrobar/passport bar had been fitted out differently...Solstice is getting her refurb in Oct '16 so will likely get the new GB concept then. If just a concept and menu then expect you will be posting all about your impressions after your cruise [emoji3]

It will be before the refit, so perhaps nothing will be changed as yet.:D

It will be before the refit, so perhaps nothing will be changed as yet.:D

Maybe, but If it's they don't physically change the area then it might be up and running earlier than later...like the World Class Bar replacing Molecular Bar.

Personally am looking forward to the frozen cocktail Slush bar, the OP may let us know if it's worth the wait [emoji3]

Maybe, but If it's they don't physically change the area then it might be up and running earlier than later...like the World Class Bar replacing Molecular Bar.

Personally am looking forward to the frozen cocktail Slush bar, the OP may let us know if it's worth the wait [emoji3]

Yes, I am sure you are right, they may change the use of some areas before making the modifications in a dry dock to see if it will work.:D

Prior to our cruise , a frequent contributor to our roll call cancelled with this explanation :

QUOTE=Petert102;45429364]CANCELLATION

Just to let you Guys know that Paul and I will not be joining you on this crossing, We decided to cancel after reviewing the sharp decline in the quality of what had been an excellent product on Celebrity to what we actually experienced on the Celebrity Infinity T/A crossing last October. We just decided that sixteen days was too long to put up with the extensive nickel and dimming inflicted on Celebrity's passengers by the Corporate Bean Counters in Miami on what was an excellent product.

We have decided to continue with the London part of our vacation and have book a flight over on Norwegian

Have a great trip, sorry to miss you Guys

Peter.

This served as a wake up call for many people . We will share our views on their observation as the review continues to unfold . ;)

We would if we could - but we can't . We didn't try it .

With the GP not is service , we headed to the MDR for lunch . It was served on the 2nd level of the MDR , 4th floor , instead of our usual dinner table lower level . It wasn't busy until another couple , about the same age , was seated with us . Cursory conversation revealed that they were both retired LEO's from Miami . As the conversation deepened we realized that we knew a lot of the same people , lived in the same neighborhood as children , and went to the same schools . When he shared his name , I began to remember that his sister was in some of my classes almost 50 years ago :eek: What a strange coincidence . After lunch , we adjourned to the cabin for a nap as we had a late dinner planned for the 1st dress up night . In the afternoon DW wanted some tea , so she ran up to the Oceanview Cafe . Upon returning to the room with the tea , she also displayed the results of her hunting and gathering trip - Scones .

DSC02234_zpswplxvr5g.jpg

This afternoon ritual became part of our new normal for the length of the cruise :) :D

As a fellow amateur photographer and fellow cruise enthusiast, I noticed that the quality of your photos is excellent. The DoF in all of your photos is also excellent. Even in your indoor shots. Were these HDRs or did you have enough good light to stop way down to like F16?

Hi guys!

Love all your pictures......glad to hear you're home safe from Russia, sorry Pat got sick...hope it wasn't too bad and that you were still able enjoy part of that time.

John & I LOVED the TA on Eclipse, in fact we thought it was the best cruise we've ever been on, we've booked the TA on Reflection for next April already.

Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures, you're a wonderful photographer!!

Jeanne & John

Hi guys!

Love all your pictures......glad to hear you're home safe from Russia, sorry Pat got sick...hope it wasn't too bad and that you were still able enjoy part of that time.

John & I LOVED the TA on Eclipse, in fact we thought it was the best cruise we've ever been on, we've booked the TA on Reflection for next April already.

Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures, you're a wonderful photographer!!

Jeanne & John

a4e0abf5-2c48-48cb-8e53-c69dba8d96dd_zpsec4ujobu.jpg

Thanks Jeanne & John on so many levels . It was so nice just meeting you , and also thank you for stepping forward to organize and volunteer your time keeping the the cruise's Roll Call accurate and updated :) We really did enjoy the private tours that you put together in Lisbon and post cruise to London and points between .

IMG_6410_zpsuehplmnu.jpg

It kinda felt like we were playing Ghostbusters in this one .

IMG_7886_zpszh2nfuzv.jpg

As a fellow amateur photographer and fellow cruise enthusiast, I noticed that the quality of your photos is excellent. The DoF in all of your photos is also excellent. Even in your indoor shots. Were these HDRs or did you have enough good light to stop way down to like F16?

None of the photos so far are HDRs but I did take some later in France . The two main cameras that I used have large sensors and good high ISO resolution to make up for the poor indoor lighting . I don't think that I shot high F stops until I got outside with the good light . ;)

Great pics, the scones every afternoon is something I would like but should avoid.:p

Meeting up with that couple in the MDR shows that it truly is a small world.:D

Thanks Mic , and yeah and cruising shrinks it more and broadens your horizons . After the first day we dialed it back to splitting 1 scone between us . It's only 2 very tasty , but enjoyable bites . ;)

We will be on the Eclipse in a few weeks...enjoying your review.

Well hello to our neighbor to the South . Our son & DIL are in Boca . Enjoy your cruise to Norway and Iceland - that's our next one in September . Maybe your can share some tips with us after you return :cool:

d845e6dc-4055-4f37-bee2-629d04c1d673_zps02qh7uxl.jpg

You may want to take a look at our review of London and Norway found here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1923693

Thanks Mic , and yeah and cruising shrinks it more and broadens your horizons . After the first day we dialed it back to splitting 1 scone between us . It's only 2 very tasty , but enjoyable bites . ;)

And here I thought it was the sea air that thickened my waist.:rolleyes:

a4e0abf5-2c48-48cb-8e53-c69dba8d96dd_zpsec4ujobu.jpg

Thanks Jeanne & John on so many levels . It was so nice just meeting you , and also thank you for stepping forward to organize and volunteer your time keeping the the cruise's Roll Call accurate and updated :) We really did enjoy the private tours that you put together in Lisbon and post cruise to London and points between .

It kinda felt like we were playing Ghostbusters in this one .

IMG_7886_zpszh2nfuzv.jpg

The tours were fun....especially the Stonehenge/Salisbury one....so much better a way to spend a day then straight to London and waiting for a room to be ready.....must say it was the fastest I have moved through a castle though!! Bet you still got lots of good shots of Windsor, especially during your tea with the queen!!! LOL!!:D:D

We like to try new and different things when eating sometimes , so we purchased a pre cruise package that gave us a discount if we tried three specialty restaurants . Thus , for our second dinner we started with Murano . Celebrity calls it " A sophisticated dining experience featuring European style service and wines from around the world " . Here's the menu :

13793d50-01b7-4633-9757-54ba1d290964_zpsv6iuntxi.jpg

After placing our orders the bread came out

DSC02255_zpsfzegvpj2.jpg

Delicious grainy bread and butter . Next up was the amuse bouche - a ceviche .

DSC02260_zpsbqqitooz.jpg

I loved the natural light at the table and took a quick pic of my bride of 37 years , dressed up a little .

DSC02263_zpseake8he9.jpg

Her next plate was the Salmon & Peekytoe Crab . She loved the little black Caviar .

DSC02272_zpsbtfdo90r.jpg

While I had the Lobster Bisque

DSC02271_zpsqc8kbjdm.jpg

It's very concentrated to my taste . But the addition a little cream and some butter made it more palatable to me .

Lovely photos and review. It was so nice to meet you and tour with you in rainy Azores.

Thanks Laura and thanks for putting the tour together . It was nice to meet you as well . We felt fortunate to see as much as we did . Some of the other tours said that they saw nothing . It was quite a challenge to try to shoot pictures . Here's one of Lagos las Furnas when we were there .

DSC02738_zpsjv6vop3q.jpg

And here's the same lake when we were there in 2009 .

8f4d4488-51d5-4aa4-84c3-4ca020ab533c_zpssdigxlcf.jpg

Your pictures continue to amaze me. I only hope come September, mine will be this good. I'll definitely be picking your brain when we meet up on the CB.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks Bob , I'm sure that they will be fine . It shouldn't take too long really , pretty slim pickings sometimes . :) :D