Help me understand renting boston whalers

mitsugirly

I did Somerset Rentals in Bermuda last September and rented a Boston Whaler. They are great. They will give you a laminated map and point out areas that you can visit with the boat including a shipwreck where you can feed fish with bread that they will provide you, and several private islands that you can pull the boat up on and camp out on. The map they give you has a suggested route that is essentially a giant circle that ends you up back at Somerset at the end. This was the highlight of the Bermuda trip for my wife and I, I highly recommend it.

Our cruise was a few weeks ago. ;) So we have already done this with another company. Thanks for the info though for future "boston whaler" renters. :)

I did Somerset Rentals in Bermuda last September and rented a Boston Whaler. They are great. They will give you a laminated map and point out areas that you can visit with the boat including a shipwreck where you can feed fish with bread that they will provide you, and several private islands that you can pull the boat up on and camp out on. The map they give you has a suggested route that is essentially a giant circle that ends you up back at Somerset at the end. This was the highlight of the Bermuda trip for my wife and I, I highly recommend it.

Yes agree, one of the highlights of our visit to Bermuda and we look forward to doing it again on future vacations there. Excellent way to see the many isles of BDA from a different perspective and enjoy a private, romantic champagne lunch on a beach.

How long does it take for the bus to go from Dockyard to the stop for SOMERSET Watersports? We are thinking of renting a pontoon boat for our trip in October. How far in advance should we reserve? They are on FB but I can't find a website.

How long does it take for the bus to go from Dockyard to the stop for SOMERSET Watersports? We are thinking of renting a pontoon boat for our trip in October. How far in advance should we reserve? They are on FB but I can't find a website.

It's about a 10 minute bus ride.

I haven't rented a boat, so I can't give you advice about how far in advance you need to reserve it.

Here's their website: http://www.bdawatersports.com/

You should call ASAP. They have a limited number of boats and rent up fast. I would call today and reserve for the day you want to do this. We did it two years ago from Somerset. We sailed on the Dawn so we arrived in Bermuda on Sunday at 11 AM. We ate an early lunch and had the boat reserved from

1-5, I believe. The people ahead of us did not return on time so our rental was put off for about 1/2 hour but they still let us have it for the full four hours. When you take the bus out to Somerset, have the driver let you off after you pass over the bridge. There are sidewalks at that stop and you don't have to walk in the road as we did since our drive left us off the bus before the bridge. We rented a Boston Whaler and the Pontoon boat because we had 15 people to transport around. Both worked out well and we all had a great time.

H2O Watersports is even closer and is also an excellent outfit. You just need to google to find these sites.

Btw the Dockyard Pharmacy had huge wraps and food. Looked good. I know we weren't supposed too be we brought sandwiches/snacks from the buffet in Ziploc bags. We brought back what we didn't eat. Be advised though that they do look through your bags when you leave the ship.

Btw the Dockyard Pharmacy had huge wraps and food. Looked good. I know we weren't supposed too be we brought sandwiches/snacks from the buffet in Ziploc bags. We brought back what we didn't eat. Be advised though that they do look through your bags when you leave the ship.

In all the years of cruising and all of the cruises I have taken, I have never once had anyone look in my bags when I left the ship. You simply ding your ship card out and go. It's coming back that they run your bags in the x-ray machine and then IF anything is in question, then they'll look.

How were you able to get the food out in a Ziploc bag if they looked in your bag when you left the ship? You are not supposed to bring anything not sealed from the ship or onto the ship. That's how diseases get carried and spread. :eek: There's a reason for the "rule" :(

In all the years of cruising and all of the cruises I have taken, I have never once had anyone look in my bags when I left the ship. You simply ding your ship card out and go. It's coming back that they run your bags in the x-ray machine and then IF anything is in question, then they'll look.

How were you able to get the food out in a Ziploc bag if they looked in your bag when you left the ship? You are not supposed to bring anything not sealed from the ship or onto the ship. That's how diseases get carried and spread. :eek: There's a reason for the "rule" :(

I've seen Bermuda customs officers examine bags taken off the ship a number of times.

So for those that have any questions and would like to know more about the Boston Whalers or the 17' motorboats at H2O, I just completed my review of our day at H20 renting some jet skis and a motorboat for the day in Bermuda. It's loaded with tons of pictures and what we did. It was a fabulous day and we can't wait to do it again.

You can find the beginning of the review (if you haven't already been reading it because I know some of you have) starting on THIS PAGE and it starts around post # 676. I hope you enjoy. :)