Horseshoe Bay shuttle?

LadyBerard

The pass for the Shuttle is $16 a person and, I believe, you purchase them at the same place the transportation passes are sold. You can purchase two tokens instead for $9 and ride the regular bus. That requires one token for each direction of the trip. There is usually a table set up in the Custom's house or a booth outside the custom house that you can purchase either. Last year, there was a white booth at the "T" intersection of the two piers that sold them as well but that blew over in the hurricane and has not reappeared this year yet.

Does anyone know if it's possible to take the Horseshoe Bay shuttle back to Dockyard one way instead of round trip. The reason why I'm asking is because I will be going to Hamilton by ferry in the morning and plan to take the #7 bus from Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay. Just in case the wait is too long on the 7 bus or its too crowded, I may want to take the direct shuttle back to dockyard. Also if the driver can accept cash or do I have to get the bus ticket beforehand.

I may be wrong, and I haven't been to Bermuda since the Horseshoe Bay shuttle was instituted last year, but everything I've read suggests that the tickets for the shuttle are sold at a separate booth near the transportation dispatch area, or perhaps from a dispatcher stationed in the area, not in the customs house where bus and ferry passes and tokens are sold.

Can someone who has actually purchased shuttle tickets this year please provide first hand information?

Edited by njhorseman

Does anyone know if it's possible to take the Horseshoe Bay shuttle back to Dockyard one way instead of round trip. The reason why I'm asking is because I will be going to Hamilton by ferry in the morning and plan to take the #7 bus from Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay. Just in case the wait is too long on the 7 bus or its too crowded, I may want to take the direct shuttle back to dockyard. Also if the driver can accept cash or do I have to get the bus ticket beforehand.

That's exactly what I'd like to know too!

I may be wrong, and I haven't been to Bermuda since the Horseshoe Bay shuttle was instituted last year, but everything I've read suggests that the tickets for the shuttle are sold at a separate booth near the transportation dispatch area, or perhaps from a dispatcher stationed in the area, not in the customs house where bus and ferry passes and tokens are sold.

Can someone who has actually purchased shuttle tickets this year please provide first hand information?

Yes, you are correct. The visitor center/transportation ctr sells tokens (ferries and public buses) and 1, 2, 3 days passes. There is a separate kiosk or rather a ticket agent walking around selling tickets for the shuttle by the main road where all the shuttles are parked.

That's exactly what I'd like to know too!

Sorry, I can't answered that for sure. But I doubt the drivers are gonna turn down cold hard cash. I believe it was $8 one way and $16 round trip. I don't think there was a discount for round trip tickets. They just want to fill up the shuttles and pull out. They don't move if it is a partial filled shuttle. It fills up rather quickly.

Just back from Bermuda and we used the shuttle van to go to the Horseshoe bay beach. We walked up to a person selling the tickets and were on a van and on our way in minutes. When we got ready to leave the beach there was a person saying you could buy a ticket to go back to the dockyard for $7.00. They just want to fill the vans up and go. There were 3 vans all got filled in a few minutes, but more vans were coming in. I would highly recommend using them.

Just back from Bermuda and we used the shuttle van to go to the Horseshoe bay beach. We walked up to a person selling the tickets and were on a van and on our way in minutes. When we got ready to leave the beach there was a person saying you could buy a ticket to go back to the dockyard for $7.00. They just want to fill the vans up and go. There were 3 vans all got filled in a few minutes, but more vans were coming in. I would highly recommend using them.

Was the last time they offered going back 6pm?

Does anyone know if kids pay the same fare of 16$ round trip?

I wondered this too and haven't seen it brought up.

I believe it's the same....[ATTACH]350903[/ATTACH]this sign was posted ...

Is there a way you can post this picture bigger? As in, host the picture and post a large size instead of attaching it? It's hard to read and I definitely can read the fine print. :confused:

I believe it's the same....[ATTACH]350903[/ATTACH]this sign was posted ...

Is there a way you can post this picture bigger? As in, host the picture and post a large size instead of attaching it? It's hard to read and I definitely can read the fine print. :confused:

Just so everyone knows...the bus fares on that sign haven't been updated to reflect 2015 fares.

PS: Mitsugirly....there's nothing on that sign that you haven't been told already by people answering your questions.

How long is the ride to beach and does bus and shuttle take the same amount of time to get there? Bus is 1/2 the price so what's the advantage in taking shuttle, especially with 3 of us going. Just asking. Thanks

Edited by gizmo911

I took the bus the first two days. The line grew daily, I think as people realized the bus was so inexpensive or perhaps after they tired of the port. The advantage of the shuttle is that the bus line can be very long and they only come by every half hour. Day two I stood in line over 1.5 hrs....very disorganized. Second advantage is shuttle has no lines and is door to door. On the bus, you'll probably pay an additional $2pp to get up the steep hill. I'd say, check the bus line and if it's more than 50 people, grab the shuttle.

I took that picture May 5; the shuttle was $16 RT and the bus fare was $4.50 each way.

That sign says cash bus fare is $4.50, token $4.00. In April the cash fare was raised to $5, token to $4.50. Maybe you bought tokens for $4.50 (which would be correct)? Here are the correct current fares:

https://www.gotobermuda.com/uploadedFiles/PageBuilder_Content/Transporation/TransportationFaresApril2015.pdf

Edited by njhorseman

Does anyone know how often the shuttle runs (both from the dockyard and the beach) and about what time the first one leaves in the morning? Thanks in advance. Leaving in two weeks and can't wait!

The shuttle info web site says shuttles to the beach 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. Last shuttle from the beach 6:00 PM. Ticket office open 8:00 to 2:00.

I believe from reports back that they wait until the seats are filled or somewhat filled before they actually depart.

I will also be in Bermuda again in two weeks!

Link to shuttle info web site below:

http://www.thewestend.bm/horseshoe-bay-beach-shuttle/