Roatan - crowded with two ships?

cbaser

We'll be in Roatan July 8 on the Dream. There is another Carnival ship in port that day as well. Our other times in Roatan we've been the only ship and crowding at the beach (Tabyana x 2, Bananarama x 1) wasn't bad. Anybody been there when there were two ships in port? We like West Bay for the nice beach and great shore snorkeling, but I don't like getting kicked by other snorkelers when it's crowded. Was considering Mahogany Bay as some have said the beach is very nice and there is decent snorkeling at the end off of the pier (plus it's cheap), but I'm guessing it will be very crowded with two ships right there. What about Little French Key, will they be very crowded with two ships? Any opinions of LFK vs. West Bay for a nice beach and some snorkeling? TIA for your opinions and suggestions - Curt

Mahogany Bay will most likely be crowded. Probably excursions to West Bay (Tabayana) will bring some crowds LFK, though may not be. It's not generally crowded anyway, but I believe Carnival has shifted their LFK excursions to BFK, so LFK will be left to people who book it directly.

My understanding about the snorkeling at Little French Key is one need take a boat out.

With you already having snorkeled West Bay I doubt the snorkeling at Mahogany Bay would hold your attention.

If you are not happy with the number of people in West Bay waters, hire a local to take you to Blue Channel for a look see, this way you can adjust after you see how it feels in West Bay.

We'll be in Roatan July 8 on the Dream. There is another Carnival ship in port that day as well. Our other times in Roatan we've been the only ship and crowding at the beach (Tabyana x 2, Bananarama x 1) wasn't bad. Anybody been there when there were two ships in port? We like West Bay for the nice beach and great shore snorkeling, but I don't like getting kicked by other snorkelers when it's crowded. Was considering Mahogany Bay as some have said the beach is very nice and there is decent snorkeling at the end off of the pier (plus it's cheap), but I'm guessing it will be very crowded with two ships right there. What about Little French Key, will they be very crowded with two ships? Any opinions of LFK vs. West Bay for a nice beach and some snorkeling? TIA for your opinions and suggestions - Curt

It is quite possible that there will be other ships at Coxen Hole.