2 days in Rhodes

fruitbat

What Cruisemom suggested is exactly what I did when I had a B2B with 2 stops in Rhodes. I explored Old Town on my own on the first visit and then on the second stop I took a ship excursion to Lindos. I generally don't care for ship excursions, but it was the easiest to set up on short notice since I pulled the trip together about 3 weeks beforehand. The Lindos excursion was not a full day, so when I was returned to the ship, I went back into Old Town and re-explored that some more.

Thanks. Some people say Lindos is touristy-- still worth the visit? Is there a good tour guide service there that we could get an island tour from?

Well, yes, there are indeed touristy things in Lindos. Mostly shoppes and cafes looking for you to buy something. But no more than you will find in any Mediterranean sightseeing locations, I think. Assuming you have arranged enough time in Lindos, you can get off the tourist path and explore the town more. Climbing up to the Acropolis is well worth the views and historical feel that you will have if you research things before going. I'm sorry, but I don't have any info on island tours for you.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

• 3 weeks later...
I am wondering how far Lindos is from where the ship's dock? And what is the best way to get there?

Thanks!

It's about a 45 minute drive. I took a ship excursion, but I assume there are other options that people will share here. I seem to recall mention of alternatives in other posts on this board.