Room Service

Lynda90

Does anyone know if tips for room service employees are included in the daily $16.50 charge? Thanks

Unless things have changed since December, there is no room service. I believe I read somewhere recently that one can get coffee in the morning, but we have never tried it. On our first cruises in 2012, there was no room service at all. Instead, coffee, juices and such are available 24 hours a day at the Front Porch.

Unless things have changed since December, there is no room service. I believe I read somewhere recently that one can get coffee in the morning, but we have never tried it. On our first cruises in 2012, there was no room service at all. Instead, coffee, juices and such are available 24 hours a day at the Front Porch.

Thanks; good to know. I thought I read it was available but no big deal. Wherever there is coffee in the morning, I will be there! :p

P.S. I was just reading the brochure and it says "24 hour room service is just a phone call away." This was from the 2016 brochure. Maybe this is something new.

Edited by Lynda90

LOL -- you sail on a boat 4 times in 3 years, and you think you know everything about it. I just looked at a 2013 brochure and there was no mention of room service. We sailed in December, 2014, but never thought ask about room service -- our cabins were next to the chart house, directly one deck up from the Front Porch, so we just ran downstairs if we wanted a snack. But, I agree -- it's definitely in the 2015 and 2016 brochures. I'll try it when we sail the Queen again in August of this year.

As for your original question, in my experience the folks who bring room service are off duty staff who are volunteering in the hopes of collecting a tip or two. This may not be the case on AQ, but I'll still keep a few one dollar bills handy, and I doubt they'd be turned away. I would think a couple of dollars would be adequate for any delivery; I usually keep a few 2-Euro coins handy on board ocean cruises.

But, it's an entirely subjective decision.

Edited by hondorner

LOL -- you sail on a boat 4 times in 3 years, and you think you know everything about it. I just looked at a 2013 brochure and there was no mention of room service. We sailed in December, 2014, but never thought ask about room service -- our cabins were next to the chart house, directly one deck up from the Front Porch, so we just ran downstairs if we wanted a snack. But, I agree -- it's definitely in the 2015 and 2016 brochures. I'll try it when we sail the Queen again in August of this year.

As for your original question, in my experience the folks who bring room service are off duty staff who are volunteering in the hopes of collecting a tip or two. This may not be the case on AQ, but I'll still keep a few one dollar bills handy, and I doubt they'd be turned away. I would think a couple of dollars would be adequate for any delivery; I usually keep a few 2-Euro coins handy on board ocean cruises.

But, it's an entirely subjective decision.

We will be on the June 13 departure. We definitely will try room service if it's available. I'll report back when we return! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from wonderful American Queen cruise from Memphis to LO. Breakfast from room service was for continental breakfast only. We received fresh fruit, coffee and danish. Very adequate. We sat on the deck and had it several mornings.