Carnival called with offer to extend my cruise....

kim300

I didn't know they did this! I have heard of the upgrade/ upsell fairy, but this was new to me. Carnival just offered my mom and I an outrageous deal to stay onboard and sail on the same ship for another week! It's my first back-to-back cruise and I can't wait! I wish the ports were more exciting, but we could not turn down the price. :D

Yep, I had that happen to me on my recent "Valor" cruise also. GREAT deal to sail on the week prior to my "already booked" cruise. I jumped at the deal, and enjoyed fourteen fabulous days aboard. ;)

"SKY"

I didn't know they did this! I have heard of the upgrade/ upsell fairy, but this was new to me. Carnival just offered my mom and I an outrageous deal to stay onboard and sail on the same ship for another week! It's my first back-to-back cruise and I can't wait! I wish the ports were more exciting, but we could not turn down the price. :D

Sweet! Enjoy!

Now if only they call me and see if I want to extend my 21 day B2B next January and February!!!! hint to the Carnival staffer reading CC, call me!

I also received a call. She said this is Carnivals new approach to selling unused cabins. They will no longer be offering the deeply discounted last minute deals as it turned into a situation where a large portion of booking were coming from these last minute sales. People knew they could just wait it out till the price dropped. As a stockholder I think its great, as a cruiser Im gonna miss those super cheap pack n go deals.

Will you share what the offer was. If you don't want to that is fine. If not give us a hint of the deal, like 1/2 off, 20% off? Just trying to figure out what the deal may be like.

Congratulations on your win!

That's nice of Carnival to offer, but for how many people is that practical? I mean for my January cruise I already have return flights booked and have vacation time requested off of work.

If I were retired and lived closer I could only dream...

I too would like to know how much they are offering these cruises for!

Our offer was for an additional 7 day cruise on the Carnival Pride in July. The original offer was $943 total (including taxes and fees) for 2 people for a balcony on the Upper deck. Price before taxes and fees was $349 per person! We asked if we could get a balcony on the Empress deck instead (thinking that maybe we could upgrade for a fee) and ended up on the Empress deck for the original price of $943. We were able to move our original booking over one room, and now have the same room for both cruises! We couldn't say no for less than $500 per person for a balcony room in July.

Edited by kim300

That's nice of Carnival to offer, but for how many people is that practical? I mean for my January cruise I already have return flights booked and have vacation time requested off of work.

If I were retired and lived closer I could only dream...

I too would like to know how much they are offering these cruises for!

Normally we fly as well, but we decided to save money this year and cruise out of Baltimore instead of paying airfare. Baltimore is about an 8 hour drive, so it's doable for us.

Our offer was for an additional 7 day cruise on the Carnival Pride in July. The original offer was $943 total (including taxes and fees) for 2 people for a balcony on the Upper deck. Price before taxes and fees was $349 per person! We asked if we could get a balcony on the Empress deck instead (thinking that maybe we could upgrade for a fee) and ended up on the Empress deck for the original price of $943. We were able to move our original booking over one room, and now have the same room for both cruises! We couldn't say no for less than $500 per person for a balcony room in July.

Yay, you!!!! That is awesome! Call me, Carnival. I'm in for a deal like that.

I also received a call. She said this is Carnivals new approach to selling unused cabins. They will no longer be offering the deeply discounted last minute deals as it turned into a situation where a large portion of booking were coming from these last minute sales. People knew they could just wait it out till the price dropped. As a stockholder I think its great, as a cruiser Im gonna miss those super cheap pack n go deals.

A very smart business strategy indeed!

I can see a few people jumping on this. I would love to do a B2B 14 day but there is no way we could get that much time off. I do see this being a good strategy for those sailings where in one week they do a 4 night followed by a 3 night. I think more people would be able to stretch it out for a full week. The shorter sailings may sell out more so there is no need.

Nice to dream about a long cruise.

I got an offer to do a 28 day exotic on another line for an awesome price so hubby and I took about 10 minutes to dream of a time when the kids are out of the house, we are retired and we could actually be gone that long. :cool:

Congrats...happy for you :)

Unfortunately I would never be able to be able to accept an offer such as this one as we have to book our airfare well in advance and to make any changes, etc would negate any cost saving on the cruise portion.... but sounds great for those people that are within driving distances.

Would love it. But...would have to cruise with someone other than husband for one week LOL I'm a teacher so off for summer. With his job there's no way he could get 2 weeks in a row off work. We cruise out of Baltimore next Sunday :) Can't wait to see the Pride with her upgrades (we were on her a year ago before them)

We got the call to extend our May 3 cruise on Dream out of New Orleans to the next week also but we couldn't go. He told me the offer was good for any family or friends so my sister took advantage of it. She got a Lido balcony (2 people) for $990 including all taxes and insurance. When we did a mock booking for the same room the cost was $2100 so it was an excellent deal. He said the offer was for as many people as wanted it.

We got the call to extend our May 3 cruise on Dream out of New Orleans to the next week also but we couldn't go. He told me the offer was good for any family or friends so my sister took advantage of it. She got a Lido balcony (2 people) for $990 including all taxes and insurance. When we did a mock booking for the same room the cost was $2100 so it was an excellent deal. He said the offer was for as many people as wanted it.

Wow that's a great deal! Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on your awesome deal!! If Carnival called us with a deal like that, we would be on it.

Wow! If anyone gets this offer for the Sept 5th Glory sailing let me know. I am one of those hoping for a good pack and go price and will be sad if hey go away. Between the Alaska cruise I just got back from and the Vista one booked for 2016, I need a less expensive one.

Edited by Eeyore_Lover

I wonder if this could be the announcement that is being made next week.

hopefully not. I don't see this as a good thing for them. Oh, yes, they will be able to fill some cabins like this... but many cannot do the two weeks in a row thing as limited vacation time. Also, i think it would be easier to sell the cabin at a pack and go rate to a new cruiser, or even the same cruiser if they just wanted to add to their booking. Because now, the original cruiser, while discounted, it's not that great. 8

943 is a good deal for a balcony, but pack and go would be much better.