Independence Questions

Hi to all!

Only 16 days until we sail away on the Independence. My family and I have several questions that we are hoping to get some answers too. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. We would like a list of entertainers/shows for the week we are sailing. Specifically, we would like to know about family friendly shows (name and what they are about).

2. Also, we need to know what the kids need for the arcade. Does it take coins, tokens, sea pass card? If tokens, do they just take cash to the arcade to get them or will it come off the sea pass card?

3. Regarding the sea pass cards, is there a minimum amount that has to go on an "open" card? We are trying to figure out if we need to let some of the kids put money on their own card but if there is a minimum this may not be able to happen.

4. Can we pay our gratuities in cash once on board or does it have to be paid by credit card?

If you have not prepaid gratuities, you can visit Guest Services and ask them to discontinue automatic gratuities. Then you can pay in cash at the end of the cruise.

Hi to all!

Only 16 days until we sail away on the Independence. My family and I have several questions that we are hoping to get some answers too. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. We would like a list of entertainers/shows for the week we are sailing. Specifically, we would like to know about family friendly shows (name and what they are about).

2. Also, we need to know what the kids need for the arcade. Does it take coins, tokens, sea pass card? If tokens, do they just take cash to the arcade to get them or will it come off the sea pass card?

3. Regarding the sea pass cards, is there a minimum amount that has to go on an "open" card? We are trying to figure out if we need to let some of the kids put money on their own card but if there is a minimum this may not be able to happen.

4. Can we pay our gratuities in cash once on board or does it have to be paid by credit card?

1. write to web_reservations@rccl.com

Mind the underscore.

Edited by Merion_Mom

See the Indy's role call for the week before yours. I posted the entertainment email I got from RCCL about our trip. When I googled the names and went to the entertainer's website most of them listed being on the ship the next week too. I think my post is last one on page 8 or 9.

I think the arcade uses the sea pass card. You can put a limit on how much your child spends per day on them when you check in.

See the Indy's role call for the week before yours. I posted the entertainment email I got from RCCL about our trip. When I googled the names and went to the entertainer's website most of them listed being on the ship the next week too. I think my post is last one on page 8 or 9.

I think the arcade uses the sea pass card. You can put a limit on how much your child spends per day on them when you check in.

Do you recall what email address you used to find this out from RCCL?

Thanks!!

We loved Indy for our Dec 2012 cruise...best cruise and ship out of 4 cruises. Oasis is next for us. Loved the adults only solarium area. Kids under 16 were asked to leave the area so just FYI...a few upset parents when a 15 year old couldn't sit w the family.

Hi to all!

I'm on your Roll call and my family and I are sailing also on 6/21/15. I emailed the question you have here on #1 and got the following response as well as answeres to some other questions I had. They didn't mention specific performers but at least which production shows etc...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztowkdh353xxagx/info%20independence%20of%20the%20seas%20%20%2021-jun-2015.pdf?dl=0

Production Shows onboard the Independence of the Seas include the following:

Under the Big Top, a tribute to circus’s of out past featuring acrobats, animals, tightrope walkers, and

clowns; Center Stage, celebrating music from classical to jazz, and from rock to swing; Once Upon a

Time, a spectacle of stories that audiences learned as children; and Invitation To Dance, a fusion of Latin

and Ballroom dancing theater.

Entertainment also includes the ice shows Strings! A World Adventure on Ice, and Freeze Frame. Be sure

to catch our parades, like The Mad Hatter’s Ball, and Olympus Rocks.

Edited by A6cruiser

Arcade - kids - sea pass

Note of caution to parents:

Even though you may limit the amount of money on your child's sea pass - IT DOES NOT INCLUDE CHARGES MADE IN THE ARCADE !!!

Your child can use the sea pass at will ....... and will be accepted.