UBP........limits?

Laszlo

Not a big drinker, but when we booked our next cruise a few months ago we choose the UBP. Whats to stop someone abusing it or getting drinks for friends who don't have the package? You could walk to a few bars on the ship in 15 minutes and get drinks at each one.

Whats to stop someone abusing it or getting drinks for friends who don't have the package? You could walk to a few bars on the ship in 15 minutes and get drinks at each one.

a) Your honesty and integrity

- or -

b) the fact that every UBP sticker has a VIN number that is entered by the server when he rings up your tab for each drink.

Not a big drinker, but when we booked our next cruise a few months ago we choose the UBP. Whats to stop someone abusing it or getting drinks for friends who don't have the package? You could walk to a few bars on the ship in 15 minutes and get drinks at each one.
What would stop one is the consequences. If you get caught they negate the UBP and you have to pay for all the beverages you have consumed or will consume while on your cruise...that could get quite expensive.

You can try. It all processed through the computers so I'm sure they will wise up pretty fast. Best to tell your friends to get their own package or pay for each drink.

LOL, don't have any friends going on this cruise. One of the reasons I asked was.....on our first trip on the BA my wife and I bought a vibe pass. And I must say I had to dam near sprint to get it. Anyway a few days in we would see one couple in the morning and another in the afternoon. Long story short one of the bar tenders caught on and it turns out two couples would swop arm bands (and room keys to open the door) We found out the last morning what had gone on.

The ship's staff and security officers have seen it all. Not that it takes a lot of know-how to spot someone who is regularly ordering drinks for 2 or 3 people on one UBP (and to spot people who always seem to have a drink in their hand, but suspiciously few charges on their accounts). The bar staff are watching, the computer is watching, the security cameras are watching. You can do it once or twice and enjoy the thrill of saving $10 (woo-hoo! :D) but it you and your friends start stealing hundreds of dollars worth of drinks from NCL, I'm guessing that the reaction will be swift and merciless…

Have a great cruise, Laszlo.

Cheers!

Nothing like seeing NYC from the water. Used to trailer my Whaler up to Liberty State Park and make the run around the island

Really!

When people ask questions like this its usually because they are fishing for ways to beat the system good luck bud.

It kind of reminds me of going to buffet such as the Mandarin when they run crab fest and you watch people wrapping extra's and putting in their purse/bags.

Really!

When people ask questions like this its usually because they are fishing for ways to beat the system good luck bud.

It kind of reminds me of going to buffet such as the Mandarin when they run crab fest and you watch people wrapping extra's and putting in their purse/bags.

LOL

I'm sure I'm not the first person who asked the question:rolleyes: I'm not even much of a drinker, we only got it so we could try different things. If I was really a drinker I'd be more concerned about who do I sneak on alcohol;):D

Funny how one person can ask a simple question here and then be convited:(

Edited by Laszlo

My wife and I have the UBP , even though we are not big drinker (to be honest the wife is near teetotal )and our 2 boys have the soda package, can our boys get virgin cocktails on their soda package , or could the wife order one and swap it for their cola when they order drinks ( the boys like a virgin cocktail while watching the entertainmemt at night, makes them fell grown up....lol )

My wife and I have the UBP , even though we are not big drinker (to be honest the wife is near teetotal )and our 2 boys have the soda package, can our boys get virgin cocktails on their soda package , or could the wife order one and swap it for their cola when they order drinks ( the boys like a virgin cocktail while watching the entertainmemt at night, makes them fell grown up....lol )

I do plan to do this a few times as well. I think it sucks you can't get virgin drinks on the soda package. Not that my daughter needs a ton, but special one a day would be nice.

I do plan to do this a few times as well. I think it sucks you can't get virgin drinks on the soda package. Not that my daughter needs a ton, but special one a day would be nice.

Maybe because it's called a "soda" package, and not an "anything non-alcohol" package. Soda is a pretty clear term.

Maybe because it's called a "soda" package, and not an "anything non-alcohol" package. Soda is a pretty clear term.

other lines have one that includes virgin drinks... I have used it myself. I would gladly pay an upgrade for one if offered by NCL.

Why doesn't a cruise line do an Alcohol free package ?? not all adults want alcohol all the time, i would buy one if it included juices, virgin cocktails etc, and would gladly pay individually for alcoholic drinks

Why doesn't a cruise line do an Alcohol free package ?? not all adults want alcohol all the time, i would buy one if it included juices, virgin cocktails etc, and would gladly pay individually for alcoholic drinks

Princess has one and it was fabulous. And I thought it was a good value as well. It's a shame that NCL doesn't offer this.

What about wanting a rum floater on top of your pina colada? I know you're only allowed one drink at a time. Do you take your pina colada from the bar then go back up for a shot of rum?

Just order it this way. If you have the UBP they will make it.

6&8

other lines have one that includes virgin drinks... I have used it myself. I would gladly pay an upgrade for one if offered by NCL.

I'd buy it for my son, since he doesn't drink soda. But if they called it a soda package, I'd think they were morons. :)

I'd buy it for my son, since he doesn't drink soda. But if they called it a soda package, I'd think they were morons. :)

I believe they do call it soda and more. They had a regular soda package and then for not much more the "more" was included. I don't drink a lot so I got it for myself and I had smoothies and shakes every day (and probably gained 5 pounds. LOL)

What about wanting a rum floater on top of your pina colada?
Before they changed the bar menus earlier this year, the cocktail menus at the pool bars offered this as an option: "Add a Myers's Original Dark Rum floater for only $1.00 to any frozen cocktail". I don't know if the new menus have something like that (or how much it costs).

This shouldn't really fall under the "one drink at a time" rule, but you might run across a barman who thinks it does. In which case, go to a different bar and order a shot of rum. You'll get more rum that way anyway, and you won't risk going over the $11 limit and end up having to pay extra for your drink.

What about wanting a rum floater on top of your pina colada? I know you're only allowed one drink at a time. Do you take your pina colada from the bar then go back up for a shot of rum?
This shouldn't really fall under the "one drink at a time" rule, but you might run across a barman who thinks it does. In which case, go to a different bar and order a shot of rum. You'll get more rum that way anyway, and you won't risk going over the $11 limit and end up having to pay extra for your drink.

I wouldn't know why not. I ordered a shot of Fireball and an Angry Orchard at the same time, and the bartender rang them up as separate drinks at the same time and poured them together into a glass for me.

The "one drink at a time rule" doesn't really apply when the bartender knows he's making a single drink for one person. It's a little different than walking away with 2 margaritas in hand or something.

I wouldn't know why not. I ordered a shot of Fireball and an Angry Orchard at the same time, and the bartender rang them up as separate drinks at the same time and poured them together into a glass for me.

I think you just blew my mind, I didn't know such a thing existed but now I can't sleep until I try one.

TO THE BAR

wait, it's only 3:30

Well, it's 5 O'clock SOMEWHERE

TO THE BAR!!!!

Edited by rogue 35

Celebrity do one and ncl has an option that does non alcoholic ones