Beach Limerz?

lenetere

We will be in Antigua in November on the Gem. Is Beach Limerz kid friendly? I don't mean kid-focused (inflatables, beach toys, etc.) as we are not the kind of family who needs that but is this a place where we can bring our two girls (10 & 6) and not feel out of place?

Hi

Yes you will be fine there with kids.

We went with a group of people and there were a few kids in the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be in Antigua in November on the Gem. Is Beach Limerz kid friendly? I don't mean kid-focused (inflatables, beach toys, etc.) as we are not the kind of family who needs that but is this a place where we can bring our two girls (10 & 6) and not feel out of place?

We were just there a couple of days ago. Place would be absolutely fine for kids, although there were none there at the time. Restaurant even has a kids menu. At night on the weekends it may get crowded with locals in a party mood, but other times it’s pretty laid back.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from our cruise on the Grandeur and while in Antigua on 03/09/18 spent the day at Beach Limerz.

Well let me tell you it's going to be along time in my opinion till there's a beach there again. Rough sea's have

completely washed the beach away. Gail told me she is waiting Mother Nature to bring her beach back.That's going to take some time.Had a day pass but spent most of our day at the bar as the waves were still high.The meal we got was excellent.I feel the $130 for the day pass plus the $30 taxi fare round trip was a lot.There was no way you could even consider going in the water.

Just got back from our cruise on the Grandeur and while in Antigua on 03/09/18 spent the day at Beach Limerz.

Well let me tell you it's going to be along time in my opinion till there's a beach there again. Rough sea's have

completely washed the beach away. Gail told me she is waiting Mother Nature to bring her beach back.That's going to take some time.Had a day pass but spent most of our day at the bar as the waves were still high.The meal we got was excellent.I feel the $130 for the day pass plus the $30 taxi fare round trip was a lot.There was no way you could even consider going in the water.

That is too bad. I was there in February and it was very rough too. She said it was unusual but now I wonder.

That is too bad. I was there in February and it was very rough too. She said it was unusual but now I wonder.

Hi

I was thinking the same thing but thought maybe it was just a few rough days

We were there 2/2/18 (On our recent Anthem cruise) and it was also very rough. It was so bad one of the guys in our group went in the water and was knocked over by a wave. Aside from coming out scraped up and bloody, he dislocated a finger and Gail called an ambulance and he went to the hospital.

After that the rest of the group didn’t go in the water.

We were told the same thing; that it was an unusually rough day and it’s not normally like that.

Thanks for sharing your experience. We were there on December 12, 2017 and had pretty calm waves. We opted to do the PAYGO option which turned out to be perfect for the 2 of us.

20171212_102859.jpg.2af8a7df249272448d85190f7ae58ec3.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your experience. We were there on December 12, 2017 and had pretty calm waves. We opted to do the PAYGO option which turned out to be perfect for the 2 of us.

[ATTACH]416744[/ATTACH]

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Wow!! Now that's a beautiful beach, What a shame that is no longer there.

That was the day we were there. We saw your friend come out of the water all bloodied. Such a shame.

Hi

I was thinking the same thing but thought maybe it was just a few rough days

We were there 2/2/18 (On our recent Anthem cruise) and it was also very rough. It was so bad one of the guys in our group went in the water and was knocked over by a wave. Aside from coming out scraped up and bloody, he dislocated a finger and Gail called an ambulance and he went to the hospital.

After that the rest of the group didn’t go in the water.

That was the day we were there. We saw your friend come out of the water all bloodied.

We were told the same thing; that it was an unusually rough day and it’s not normally like that.

IMG_9230.thumb.jpg.f76c40506573f3a59e4f1f17be24d06e.jpg

This is what it looked like March 7th. Was the aftermath of the Nor’easter that almost derailed our trip then tailed us. Up until the day prior Gail said the water was washing over the road. We were able to sit up on a sandy strip above the rocks to enjoy the view. There was a fun group from Princess ship that made the day enjoyable but of course disappointing to lose what appears to have been a lovely beach.

IMG_9225.thumb.jpg.32f513616535b830d413dfd96a35f5b3.jpg

[ATTACH]416955[/ATTACH][ATTACH]416956[/ATTACH]

This is what it looked like March 7th. Was the aftermath of the Nor’easter that almost derailed our trip then tailed us. Up until the day prior Gail said the water was washing over the road. We were able to sit up on a sandy strip above the rocks to enjoy the view. There was a fun group from Princess ship that made the day enjoyable but of course disappointing to lose what appears to have been a lovely beach.

That is very sad to see, as it was a lovely beach and great place to spend the day.

Thanks for those pics Carrie - we were there in the latter part of February when there was still enough beach to sit on. However, even then the waves were such that nobody went in swimming because of the strong undertow and rough waves. There were 9 of us that day and two of us went in although only as far as our knees, yet the waves breaking over me soaked me up to my shoulders.

I think the disappearing beach might be typical. It comes back. I have seen Dickensen beach so narrow the water was up to the wall at Sandals. The sand gets sucked out, but not very far. It gets blown back again with the right weather.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been back to this beach since the sand washed out? I know this happens to beaches in a lot of areas in the world and that it will most likely return. It can occur rather quickly or take a long time so wondering if anyone has any updates.

• 1 month later...

I was on the Seranade of the Seas last March 2017....went to the Beach in both Antigua and Barbados...and the waves were extremely rough in both beaches...In barbados i ventured into the water and when i was about to get out, got hit with a real rough wave, that brought me underwater...when i tried getting up another wave brought me under again...luckily someone walking the beach saw me...and helped me out... I am going to Antigua this coming November on the Regal Princess...I am going to book a day pass to a beach again....but if that water is as rough as it was last March...i will be happily sitting on my lounge chair or at the bar having a few drinks and a delicious lunch.... Last year really scared the heck out of me....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Following along too.  I was there last February 28th. It was an awesome beach day with lots of beach.  We are considering this again for our Cruise in April.  The surf was rough the day we were there.  I got taken out by a wave while I was chatting with someone and not paying attention, and then got rolled by another in the surf, for the first time since I was a kid, ... LOL.  I went back in after and managed to stay on my feet.  Sharing a few photo's from our Day.

IMG_3708.jpeg

IMG_3720.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg