Beach Limerz?

lenetere

13 hours ago, rbain said:

After reading this thread we are heading over as a family of four next Tuesday.  Looking forward to it.

We were just there in April. here is my recent youtube video:

You will really enjoy it. Order the conch fritters and the coconut shrimp...best in the Caribbean!

Give  Barry and Gail hugs from Jim and Toni say HELLO! from us to Marvin!

Edited by existentialtraveler
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in Antigua on a cruise with friends in early November, and we think we want to give Beach Limerz a try!  For those of you who have been there, do you normally do the $65 package or pay as you go?  And why do you prefer the one you choose?

Thanks for any feedback!  Trying to decide which option is better for us, although we are leaning towards the pay as you go.

Ruth

Ruth - we were just there 2 weeks ago.  We decided on the all inclusive plan.  The food was delicious and plentiful.  I would rather have everything paid before we sail.  Just my personal preference.

Gail and her staff are very friendly and welcoming and did everything they could to make our day a memorable one.

• Like 1

We did the AI package and loved it. The food

was amazing and very plentiful. Had a

few drinks included. The bonus for us was unlimited use of kayaks and boogie boards. We used them all day long. We have two teens and it kept them very busy. Plus we loved it as well. It’s one of my favourite all time excursions of all our cruises! Such a gorgeous location. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2015 at 8:20 AM, NCTribeFan said:

Anyone have any idea what the cost for a taxi would be there and back? It looks to be fairly close to the port.

I may email and get clarification on the package. Are the only drinks water and rum punch? I don't drink hard liquor during the day out in the hot sun. It's a bad combo for me. 😉 I'd prefer Wadadli beer.

We visited there two years ago.  I don't recall the taxi fare but I do remember they wouldn't take ANY torn or worn currency.  We had an issue paying the cab because we had minimal cash and they did not take credit card.  Said our money was worn and their govt. would not take it.  It's a lovely place.  Small and quaint.  We really enjoyed it.

On 5/2/2019 at 4:30 PM, rajacks said:

I will be in Antigua on a cruise with friends in early November, and we think we want to give Beach Limerz a try!  For those of you who have been there, do you normally do the $65 package or pay as you go?  And why do you prefer the one you choose?

Thanks for any feedback!  Trying to decide which option is better for us, although we are leaning towards the pay as you go.

Ruth

WE did the pay as you go, because the package (I think) only includes bbq items for lunch, and for drinks only rum punch and beer. They have a very nice a la carte menu which was more to our liking.

The taxi fare is $5 per person for 4 or more , $6 per person for less than 4 (prices are fixed by govt).

Gail will arrange a taxi to pick you up upon request, she knows who the great drivers are.

On 5/14/2019 at 4:13 PM, boblerm said:

WE did the pay as you go, because the package (I think) only includes bbq items for lunch, and for drinks only rum punch and beer. They have a very nice a la carte menu which was more to our liking.

Thank you so much for this feedback!  I was kind of thinking the same thing, because most of our group really likes seafood.  I'm definitely leaning towards pay as you go.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:53 PM, jonsmom said:

Ruth - we were just there 2 weeks ago.  We decided on the all inclusive plan.  The food was delicious and plentiful.  I would rather have everything paid before we sail.  Just my personal preference.

Gail and her staff are very friendly and welcoming and did everything they could to make our day a memorable one.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:17 PM, love2travel2146 said:

We did the AI package and loved it. The food

was amazing and very plentiful. Had a

few drinks included. The bonus for us was unlimited use of kayaks and boogie boards. We used them all day long. We have two teens and it kept them very busy. Plus we loved it as well. It’s one of my favourite all time excursions of all our cruises! Such a gorgeous location. 

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.  I always appreciate fellow cruisers who take the time to share their knowledge!

• 4 weeks later...

I am noticing that the posts regarding rough water is typically in February and March. Is that just a coincidence or is it common for the weather to cause rough waters in March? We are sailing in March and have plans to visit Beach Limerz, but I'd like to be prepared if the water will likely be rough during that time. 

11 hours ago, Banana15 said:

I am noticing that the posts regarding rough water is typically in February and March. Is that just a coincidence or is it common for the weather to cause rough waters in March? We are sailing in March and have plans to visit Beach Limerz, but I'd like to be prepared if the water will likely be rough during that time. 

We were there on March 16, 2019. I did not think the waves were too bad.There was some errant  wave action due to a storm the night before, but it was not consistently rough. Will there be calm seas when you are there? Tough to predict. It's the OCEAN! here is a video of the beach/waves from March 16, 2019.

Edited by existentialtraveler

4 hours ago, existentialtraveler said:
  15 hours ago, Banana15 said:

I am noticing that the posts regarding rough water is typically in February and March.

We were there in February, the water was anything but rough. Just ask our 2 year old grandson, he loved it!😊

I’m not really asking to predict weather or waves. I’m just wondering if it always like that during those months. I’ve heard certain parts of Hawaii have bigger waves during certain times of year, so I was just wondering if that may be the case here as well. — Not planning to cancel my plans. Just want to be prepared to potentially not have a calm beach day if the area is not known for calm waters during that time. 

• 5 months later...

We used a taxi last month and no problem - they quoted us in USD. 

We used a credit card at Beach Limerz for the deposit to use the facilities. 

I have ave been pondering whether to post this but I think that I should. 

The good news - the location is beautiful. The water was perfect - clear, no large waves, beautiful white sand beach, foliage that allowed us to stay out of the sun if we chose to. We were two couples and we had the entire beach to ourselves.  We thoroughly enjoyed this and are glad that we went. 

Things weren’t quite what we expected though from reading all the rave reviews. I have to think maybe it was because we were there prior to start of the official tourist season that is called out as November 1st?  We did notify Gail that we four would be arriving that afternoon ahead of time. 

We did not eat eat there as we had an excursion during the first part of the day and had food earlier. There were other customers who arrived to eat at the restaurant (their plates were heaping with great looking food). We arrived about 1:30p. Each couple paid $50 for use of the loungers and umbrellas, plus some drinks. When we asked how many were included, he said it depended on what we ordered, and he would let us know when we had used up our credit. Okay. We were shown to the beach by the bartender and he said he would be back to take our orders. 

He never returned. The beach had obviously not been cleaned up, as there were several cigarette butts and a couple empty beer bottles laying around. No biggie to be honest, but an observation. Each time we wanted a drink, we went up to the bar. The other couple had two beers apiece plus two rum punches apiece. We had two rum punches and shared a third as that was what we were told our credit had left. Hmmm. 

Our other observation was that the overall feel out on the beach was ‘tired’. The umbrellas needed repair, the sail shades had holes in them, the loungers were the kind made of white plastic strips that had seen time, and the shower did not work. 

So overall, we did enjoy our private beach experience part very much, and we really had a good time with the other couple joining us. Would we go back.....there are a lot of beaches on Antigua so maybe, maybe not. I have to think that during high season it must be a very different vibe or the reviews would be different than what they are. 

• Like 1

I have sent an email but thought I may get a quicker answer here since our cruise leaves this weekend.

What to you get for your $65 ?

How much food?  How many drinks?

Is there decent snorkeling on sight?

How far is it from the cruise port?

Cost of transportation?

thanks

5 hours ago, amberjohn said:

I have sent an email but thought I may get a quicker answer here since our cruise leaves this weekend.

What to you get for your $65 ?

How much food?  How many drinks?

Is there decent snorkeling on sight?

How far is it from the cruise port?

Cost of transportation?

thanks

This is from the information that was sent to me for my visit last February:

We can arrange for a taxi to meet you at the port.  Currently the fare is US$5 per person each way for a minimum of 4 persons. Less than 4 persons then the price is $6 per person. The fares are recommended by the Antigua Taxi Association. We have no interest in the taxi business but are happy to make the arrangements for you if you wish; this works well for us since we know the drivers we recommend and can vouch for them. The fare is the same whether we make the arrangements for you or you grab a taxi yourself. Fortunately we are pretty close to the dock and it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get to us. 

We offer Day Passes as well as Pay As You Go Options (Paygos).  The Day Pass is an all inclusive 'ticket' so to speak which includes beach loungers, umbrellas and watersports equipment and of course food and drink.  If you love fabulous food or enjoy kayaking or trying out some Stand up paddle boarding or just floating on a cabana then these are all included in the Day Pass.  Of course if you'd like to try some absolutely fabulous cocktails or nibbles from our regular menus -  you can certainly do so; prices are specially discounted for holders of Day Passes. The price per Day Pass is USD65 per person and a deposit of USD30 per person is required to confirm a reservation... see attached for additional Day Pass information

The Pay As You Go option also requires a reservation and the deposit is US$25 per person which would go towards the rental of beach furniture or watersports equipment or Food & Drink. Our only expectation is that our Paygo guests use up their Paygo deposit in its entirety  as this is a non-refundable deposit unless of course your ship doesn't make it to port or there is a thunderstorm preventing use of the beach etc  As an examplea couple would rent 2 beach chairs (USD10), an umbrella(USD10)  and spend at least USD15 per person in drinks or food or whatever.  There is no obligation to spend more than USD25 per person. To clarify further, with the PAYGO option you'd pay separately for everything - Chairs (USD5 ea), Umbrellas (USD10 ea), Kayaks (USD20), Stand Up paddle board USD20;  Rum Punch US10 ea etc.

Our regular menu, which you may choose from, includes an array of seafood such as Lobster, Mussels, Salmon, Mahi and even Shark (yep our conch fritters and shark bites are  to die for) and of course we do great  'landfood' such as Rib Eye, Striploin,  Pork Chops,  and so much more!  And yes, just for all you over-21s - libations galore!!!!!!!!!  Margaritas, Mojitos and Pina Coladas abound but we encourage everyone to also try our Tropicocomocoloco, Scorpion Sting, 'Limerz Passion and ...  well there are just so very many!!  

The all inclusive option is indeed all inclusive, but the menu is limited.  Unless you drink a lot,I recommend the pay as you go, as you have many more choices.
I do not recall that there was snorkling there.

Bob
  • Like 1

We did not see any snorkeling options last month. It was a very sandy bottom directly out front from the beach. There is a rocky point where some snorkeling may exist. 

We used an independent taxi rather than have one scheduled by Limerz and it was $8/pp so it looks like a better price point to go through them