Dress Code for Steakhouse?

I have seen folks in casual elegant wear and nice shorts and top.

I know that one time on Dream our luggage didn't arrive and I called the Stek House to advise our luggage wasn't there and could my husband wear the shorts he had on when boarding. I was told that no shorts were allowed and that they would be glad to reschedule.

Fortunately, the luggage came shortly after so he could change. I have heard others were turned away when wearing shorts, so I wouldn't count on wearing them.

The dress code is basically that of the MDR. On elegant nights, cruise elegant wear is recommended and on other nights, long pants and a golf shirt are fine.

The only restriction is no shorts. We asked if jeans were ok and since we had birthday Tshirts, we were told all was good.

However, on elegant night, jeans are not permitted. Dress code is same as MDR on elegant nights.

I usually wear a polo shirt and dockers, sometimes black jeans.

I have seen guys in shorts turned away and told they should return in long pants.

Now if they would only do something about the smokers right outside the port side windows! The Valor Matre'd was telling me that smoking is allowed out there with a shrug of her shoulders. GRRRRRR!

I know that one time on Dream our luggage didn't arrive and I called the Stek House to advise our luggage wasn't there and could my husband wear the shorts he had on when boarding. I was told that no shorts were allowed and that they would be glad to reschedule.

Fortunately, the luggage came shortly after so he could change. I have heard others were turned away when wearing shorts, so I wouldn't count on wearing them.

The dress code is basically that of the MDR. On elegant nights, cruise elegant wear is recommended and on other nights, long pants and a golf shirt are fine.

I guess it all depends on who the maitre'd is when it comes to dress code in the specialty restaurant. On Carnival, nice shorts are permitted. On formal night the shorts would be a no-no. The Pride is where I saw the men in shorts. It is really silly since businessmen in Bermuda where "nice shorts," tie, and jacket in their daily lives.

I think if you just walked in wearing shorts(without calling first), they would let you in. They are just towing the company line when you call.

I guess it all depends on who the maitre'd is when it comes to dress code in the specialty restaurant. On Carnival, nice shorts are permitted. On formal night the shorts would be a no-no. The Pride is where I saw the men in shorts. It is really silly since businessmen in Bermuda where "nice shorts," tie, and jacket in their daily lives.

I think if you just walked in wearing shorts(without calling first), they would let you in. They are just towing the company line when you call.

Not true! We saw people in shorts turned away on the Magic and Freedom.

We stopped by the Breeze to reconfirm all of our Steakhouse reservations and DH was wearing Bermuda shorts and was reminded that he could not come for dinner that evening unless he wore long pants. We packed them in the carry on just in case luggage was late.

We have always seen lots of folks wearing sport coats and lots of ladies in cocktail dresses as people are often celebrating special events in the Steakhouse.

Not true! We saw people in shorts turned away on the Magic and Freedom.

We stopped by the Breeze to reconfirm all of our Steakhouse reservations and DH was wearing Bermuda shorts and was reminded that he could not come for dinner that evening unless he wore long pants. We packed them in the carry on just in case luggage was late.

We have always seen lots of folks wearing sport coats and lots of ladies in cocktail dresses as people are often celebrating special events in the Steakhouse.

Well we saw shorts on the Dream and Freedom but that was back in '09 and '10. Maitre'd's change every so often. What was acceptable then, may not be now.

I'm surprised at this.

1. Carnival enforcing a dress code!

2. Adults males dressing like kids and trying to get in.

Adults - need to act like adults, and seriously, stop asking if it's ok to dress in shorts and t-shirts.

Edited by Havingfun2010

I'm surprised at this.

1. Carnival enforcing a dress code!

2. Adults males dressing like kids and trying to get in.

Adults - need to act like adults, and seriously, stop asking if it's ok to dress in shorts and t-shirts.

From Carnival's website: What’s Cruise Casual?

For the ladies — Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

For the gentlemen — Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), long dress shorts, collared sport shirts.

The steak house lists cruise casual as its dress code....the males in my family have all worn dress shorts and have not been turned away on "casual" nights.

I would also hazard a guess that men, at least those that live west of the Mississippi, don't give a rat's patoot as being classified as children since many of them practically live in shorts whenever the weather gets warm.