Oman Day tours

anita75

On 5/15/2019 at 1:52 AM, Mary-Beth said:

We are cruising on the Oceania Nautica this December and are looking for people who are interested in this excursion. 

Jebel Shams (Day trip) 4 WD The Grand Canyon of Oman :Muscat Tours: .
Itinerary can be viewed on their website and price will depend on numbers, but is $165 USD for just the 2 of us.

That's a fair price.

It is a long way!

I would not put more than 3 guests in  car anyway.  You want a window seat!

Try to sneak some fruit or snack off the ship.  Apart from petrol station junk food, you may not find any appealing food along the way. "Restaurants" in rural areas are very, very basic. 

Oh, and some toilet paper and/or wet wipes.  Be prepared for squat toilets

• 5 months later...

Hi, We will be in Muscat on-board the Silver Spirit on 14th and 15th November 2019 and are looking to do a 4wd Desert Safari Tour with the Oman Day Tours company. Particularly interested in their  "Wahiba Sands & Wadi Bani Khalid" trip.  Hoping to share the cost of this tour.

• 3 months later...

My wife and I are visiting Salah with the Costa Victoria on 12/03/2020.We are interested in booking the 8 hour Salah Combination full day sharing tour. It is advertised at 50 us dollars pp but it needs a larger group than us. 300 dollars for a private car is what Oman Day Tours are offering. If you are interested in the sharing tour please go to their website indicating your interest. The more the cheaper and merrier the tour will be.  

Cheers

8 minutes ago, HoratioN said:

My wife and I are visiting Salah with the Costa Victoria on 12/03/2020.We are interested in booking the 8 hour Salah Combination full day sharing tour. It is advertised at 50 us dollars pp but it needs a larger group than us. 300 dollars for a private car is what Oman Day Tours are offering. If you are interested in the sharing tour please go to their website indicating your interest. The more the cheaper and merrier the tour will be.  

Cheers

This is not directly responding to your post, but you should be in for a treat.

Oman had an unusual amount of rain lately, so you will see a LOT more greenery than usual.

If your tour includes a beach stop, be extremely cautious of going in the water. There are very dangerous rips and currents in the area and you might find yourself in India or Yemen, if you are not careful.

An 8-hour tour should give you time to see real desert in Rub al Kahli (The empty quarter) or even the Lost City of Ubar.

If you are lucky you may find some desert geodes around the Rub al Kahli area.

I have a few gorgeous ones at home. These things look like sand/stone balls on various sizes, and if you crack them open they revela beautiful (quartz?) crystals inside. The smallest one I have is the size of a ping-pong ball and the largest one the size of a small orange. (just Google desert geodes)

• 3 weeks later...

10 March 2020 -  It's with great sadness that we will not be able to join our tour with Oman Day Tours in March 2020.  We are about to cancel our NCL Jade cruise due to the growing issue of the potential of ports being missed due to the virus concerns.  This of course is out the control NCL of missing these great ports.  

BUT.... I want to share with everyone on how well Oman Day Tour has been.  Based on their communication with me about the upcoming tour and the willingness to provide a refund for our cancellation demonstrates a strong commitment to their customers.  I realize they are going though some very hard times on tourism in this region.   I hope that if anyone goes to this region, please look up this company as a tour operator for you vacation.

Sincerely,

Mike & Claudia Mc....

SATXCruising

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were to cruise on Crystal Symphony and arrive in Muscat, Oman on 10 May. Our cruise cancelled due to the pandemic. 
We ha scheduled three tours with Oman Day Tours at Muscat and Salalah. 
We had to cancel all of it and Sarah could not have been more professional and prompt. They are refunding all of our money as well as remittance fees. 
Although we did not experience the tours, I would reserve through them again and recommend them wholeheartedly. 
Thank you Sarah and everyone at Oman Day Tours for your understanding in spite of your own sufferings. 

Well, I wish I could have taken the three Oman Day Tours I booked for our group of six to eight. Unfortunately the entire cruise was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic. But despite the horrible situation happening to the tourist industry and even worse for the populations of the countries infected, Sarah Mahmoud graciously and immediately refunded our deposits and payments. We're so sad that had to happen because I knew, after six emails and calls back and forth with Sarah for scheduling and changes, the excursions would have been exceptional experiences. Put it bluntly, the company is kind to us. Accordingly, when we return to Oman for our bucket list trip we will definitely book again with Oman Day Tours.

Avram3

Another vote of confidence for this company.  Our cruise was canceled due to Coronavirus.  We had booked with Oman Day Tours for our time in Oman.  When we had to cancel, they responded quickly and unlike some vendors issued refunds promptly.  Clearly customer service is a priority.  We're sad we won't have the chance to experience their tours in May 2020, but will definitely book with them when we are able to visit this part of the world.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2020 at 12:52 AM, terry&mike said:

Great to hear these good reports. We have a port stop in Oman in March, 2021 and will certainly book with this company.

I we are also on the Grand cruise in March 2021  What tours were you interested in?   We love private tours and are interested in any that are recommended and a bargain compared with the cruise ships price.

On 5/28/2020 at 8:18 PM, windsor26 said:

I we are also on the Grand cruise in March 2021  What tours were you interested in?   We love private tours and are interested in any that are recommended and a bargain compared with the cruise ships price.

Hello windsor26, you might not have realized it, but this is terry&mike from over on the Grand roll call. Oman Day Tours does have a full day tour to Jebel Shams that we would consider.  I'm also thinking of just taking a shuttle or taxi from the port over to the Mutrah Market area and strolling around.  

11 hours ago, terry&mike said:

Hello windsor26, you might not have realized it, but this is terry&mike from over on the Grand roll call. Oman Day Tours does have a full day tour to Jebel Shams that we would consider.  I'm also thinking of just taking a shuttle or taxi from the port over to the Mutrah Market area and strolling around.  

Of course   sorry did not pick up  Yes that sounds interesting   also we have decided that we cannot do {Petra so anything you know of that does not require kilometers of walking iat that stop ,would be good  Keep me posted please

As I mentioned above, our cruise was cancelled but it would have also stopped at Aqaba Port for a tour in Petra. Although we didn't take the excursion below, I did extensive research for it and I discovered that private mule, camel and donkey cart rides for hire can take you into the old city for extra fees. Check out this vendor. Based on the way they handled my build od a small group for discounts, and the refund, I trust them.

https://www.johtt.com/our-tours/item/16-shore-excursions-from-aqaba-port/85-petra-shore-excursion-aqaba-port-01-day-ax-jht-001

7 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Of course   sorry did not pick up  Yes that sounds interesting   also we have decided that we cannot do {Petra so anything you know of that does not require kilometers of walking iat that stop ,would be good  Keep me posted please

What do you think of the idea that Avram3 posted just after you on the tour to Petra with the possibility of adding the camel or cart for transportation? Do you think that would work for you. I'd be in for that tour if we kept it between 7-10 people (7 or more get us an English speaking guide for the full day). 

If you think that wouldn't work, the port town of Aqaba is a beach resort town with a promenade and some charming atmosphere. 

4 hours ago, terry&mike said:

What do you think of the idea that Avram3 posted just after you on the tour to Petra with the possibility of adding the camel or cart for transportation? Do you think that would work for you. I'd be in for that tour if we kept it between 7-10 people (7 or more get us an English speaking guide for the full day). 

If you think that wouldn't work, the port town of Aqaba is a beach resort town with a promenade and some charming atmosphere. 

It looks interesting but it still needs the walk back to the visitors centre and that is 5 k  I am sure neither of u could do it now so sadly although Petra was a long time bucket list I will have to pass  unless we find one that has no walking except perhaps 1 k around the ruins  

There are golf carts to hire as well. Why don't you email Andrea Miles at  jo.horizons@gmail.com

and see what she can arrange. If you can get a small group together, like I did, they can give you

a private guided day which may accommodate the walking issues. Or maybe not, but it's worth

investigating.

Avram

22 hours ago, Avram3 said:

What cruise are you taking that brings you to Petra? Tina and I want to do that adventure at some point.

Avram

We are on the Grand Princess, Singapore to Rome, March 23, 2021. Stops in Oman, Abu Dhabi, Aqaba (for Petra) and several other ports.  DH and I are also on the Emerald Azzurra Red Sea cruise with a small group, Feb. 5, 2022, which starts in Aqaba. 

On 5/31/2020 at 6:41 AM, windsor26 said:

It looks interesting but it still needs the walk back to the visitors centre and that is 5 k  I am sure neither of u could do it now so sadly although Petra was a long time bucket list I will have to pass  unless we find one that has no walking except perhaps 1 k around the ruins  

Did you see Avram's quote below yours about golf carts? This may be able to help you.

1 hour ago, terry&mike said:

Did you see Avram's quote below yours about golf carts? This may be able to help you.

Yes  I had thought about them last time but you may not get them as they are only available on the day and they only take you part way   I  am not expecting to do Petra at all

12 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Yes  I had thought about them last time but you may not get them as they are only available on the day and they only take you part way   I  am not expecting to do Petra at all

Oh darn, I was hoping that could be a solution.  I hear very good things about Aqaba though, so should be a fun alternative.